GUNS N' ROSES HEADLINE ROCK IN RIO 4!!!

Mal'Akh

I don't think there's anyway to really prepare for these shows other than do shows.

considering just sitringvat home on my ass I got a lot of enjoyment out of the five or six videos I've seen. always love the intro and Chi dem, Axl is such a great showman, Sorry is a live classic. Nov Rain was epic.

what a sad sight :(

I cant believe one of the greatest frontmen of rock n roll, is now the joke of rock n roll. I truly believe it is time for axl to call it a day.

Fans were willing to forgive a fat Axl Rose when he appeared two hours late for Guns N' Roses recent Rio gig, but the ginger fruitcake rewarded their patience with a half-baked performance.

Critics and fans alike have turned on the red-headed renegade after he casually and systematically murdered his legendary band's back catalogue in an appalling display of absolute mediocrity

Backed by his usual ban of personality free half-wits, the flame haired Axl put all of his considerable weight into pulling off the sort of sub-standard show that his old nemesis Bret Michaels would have been proud of.

In fact, the former lead singer from the rocking '80s band, Poison, who don't need "nothing but a good time", is probably in his oils and pleasuring himself silly with the nearest guitar after numerous reports have appeared in the press slamming Axl Rose's poor performance, and revealing in great detail the poor ginger rock god's struggle with obesity.

It's been reported that at Brazil's Rock in Rio festival, Axl Rose and his band of merry meat heads failed to arrive on stage until 2:45am local time - two hours later than billed.

Axl Rose would have been forgiven his punctuality problems by the sweating and hungry hordes if the vocal vocalist had delivered the goods, but like one of those tone-deaf retards who America believes has got talent, Axl went on to casually murder his fondly regarded back catalogue in the systematic and methodical manner of a born psychopath.

When the all singing and all dancing tub of lard took to the rain-soaked stage he snarled, "Good evening, good morning. Please bear with us and give us a little second here to figure out what to do about not falling on our asses.

"I'm gonna try to focus on singing rather than running around like an idiot. I'm better at being an idiot. We want everybody to be careful."

It's a shame Axl Rose could not have been just as careful about looking after his voice over the years. As he metaphorically fell on his ass again and again and again, critics slammed the great ginger hope of our times for "screaming like an old lady", and "venting like a strangled cat."

The fat has been was clearly out of breath between songs and many a fan shed a tear at the ravages old father time had visibly inflicted upon both Axl's voice and appearance.

Welcome to the jungle, Axl. Do you know where you are?

You sure are trying really hard, aren't you? You have failed. You and your clones have failed to affect even a measely percentage of Guns n Roses fans. No, your grandiose claims are being ignored, except for the few who wish to feed the cupcakes, like I'm doing now.

Your lies and mischaracterizations and exaggerations show who you truly are: a bitterly scorned failure who has deluded themselves into having a personal vendetta towards Axl. Axl's a slacker, so what? Your proclamations of bullshit are nothing but that: proclamations of bullshit.

You are the hillbilly in the bar, and Axl is Eddie Murphy, owning you. Don't pretend you're Nick Nolte. You're not.

I'm rewatching the show now.

As far as Axl's performance goes:

"Chinese Democracy" was OK, but he completely fucked up the words.

"Jungle" was bad. Needed more of his trademark raspy voice. He was skipping words like he sometimes does.

"It's So Easy" was good.

"Brownstone" was good except for the "he won't leave me alone ..." parts. Couldn't hit 'em.

"Sorry" was bad. He was all over the place with it.

"Live and Let Die" was OK.

"Rocket Queen" was grotesquely awful.

"This I Love" was largely good with a little Mickey Mouse still rearing its ugly head at times.

"Sweet Child" was awful.

"Estranged" was good with only a little of the aforementioned Mickey coming through.

"Better" was awful.

"Street of Dreams" was OK.

"You Could Be Mine" was awful.

"November Rain" was decent, felt a little fast to me, but the monumental flub at the end ruined it. Felt a little fast to me.

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" was good though he was a little shaky.

"Nightrain" was bad.

"Patience" was OK, but he fucked up the words (again) and mumbled and ruined it.

"Paradise City" was bad.

After rewatching the show, I'm hopeful that Axl's voice will return with more singing. I still think it's BS he wasn't prepared for a new tour. I did hear some of the trademark rasp. It's still there. It was almost like he was trying to save his vocal chords from blowing out too soon because he knew they would. Hopefully the ratio of the raspy voice vs. the Mickey Mouse shit starts weighing heavier on the former as the tour progresses. He was pretty damn good last year. Make the show a bad memory.

I completely disagree with every single word you wrote. Idiot.

because you have a difference of opinion, the other guy is an "idiot"? Resorting to name calling doesn't make the other guy look bad, it makes you look bad.

I'm an Axl die-hard and I thought is review of each song was pretty accurate.

I thought he under estimated a few songs. I thought Axl was outstanding on estranged, this I love and heavens door.

Axl clearly had an off night. He was out of breath all night long. And it didn't help that it was cold and raining either.

But from all reports, Axl was in fine form last night in Chile and they put on a great show. I bet the rest of the tour is fantastic.

The fact we still have the people talking bad about Axl at Rio, or Rio in general shows you how low and miserable these people really are.

If Metallica were bad at Rio, I wouldn't go to a Metallica forum and make posts like "Metallica should retire," or" Metallica is a joke of a band today." Just seems to be utterly stupid and useless to come to a forum only to bash a lead singer's performance on one show. I'm not going to go to a System of a Down forum and make posts like "the singer should move around more," or "they need more energy," it's useless.

I find it astounding that we are still acting like Rock N' Rio was catastrophic disaster and Axl should retire because of him sounding bad at 1 show. A fan of the band wouldn't want Axl Rose to retire or "call it a day," it doesn't make sense.

Also, I've heard enough of the show last night at Chile to see that Axl is getting back in form, and probably within due time will be back to his 2010 voice. He obviously wasn't ready at Rio, but the show happened 3 days already. If you don't like the performance, don't watch it and for the love of all that is holy stop talking about it. I'm not going to watch a movie I don't like only so I can bash it again and again, it's a waste of time.

There's many ignorant fuckheads who are still here and are still talking about Rio because, basically, it's the only thing they have against Axl now. Oh, and his weight, which is childish and what 10 years old do, but if that's the way some of you want to act, than keep making yourself look like idiots.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Fact is that this RIR show was not one to remember, along with RIR 01 for that matter. Maybe when they'll come back for RIR (in Rio) 2021 they'll hit the sweet spot.

In comparison Chile was indeed much better in all senses, except for audience attending that is...

"Jungle" was bad. Needed more of his trademark raspy voice. He was skipping words like he sometimes does.

"It's So Easy" was good.

"Brownstone" was good except for the "he won't leave me alone ..." parts. Couldn't hit 'em.

"This I Love" was largely good with a little Mickey Mouse still rearing its ugly head at times.

"Sweet Child" was awful.

"Estranged" was good with only a little of the aforementioned Mickey coming through.

"Better" was awful.

"November Rain" was decent, felt a little fast to me, but the monumental flub at the end ruined it. Felt a little fast to me.

"Nightrain" was bad.

"Patience" was OK, but he fucked up the words (again) and mumbled and ruined it.

"Paradise City" was bad.

After rewatching the show, I'm hopeful that Axl's voice will return with more singing. I still think it's BS he wasn't prepared for a new tour. I did hear some of the trademark rasp. It's still there. It was almost like he was trying to save his vocal chords from blowing out too soon because he knew they would. Hopefully the ratio of the raspy voice vs. the Mickey Mouse shit starts weighing heavier on the former as the tour progresses. He was pretty damn good last year. Make the show a bad memory.

I actually think:

"Chinese Democracy" was good.

"Jungle" Was ok.

"It's So Easy" was good.

"Brownstone" was good.

"Sorry" Was actually one of the highlights of the night, and I don't like the song that much.

"Live and Let Die" was good.

"Rocket Queen" was mediocre.

"This I Love" Was good too.

"Sweet Child" was mediocre.

"Estranged" Was the best part of the night.

"Better" Horrible.

"Street of Dreams" Bad.

"You Could Be Mine" Worst song on the show.

"November Rain" Mediocre.

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" Was good.

"Nightrain" Mediocre.

"Patience" Was so so.

"Paradise City" Mediocre.

what a sad sight you are liquidmetal :lol:

Don't you think you've written too much about Axl? :o ..

You're getting sick ... :blink: take a vacation ... clears your brain .. you'll be right :rofl-lol:

we love you ... get out please, :kiss: kisses

You really are a creepy fucking idiot.

Excuse me please ... You are very smart :shades: when I grow up I want to be like you :heart:

"It's So Easy" was good.

"Sweet Child" was awful.

"Better" was awful.

"Nightrain" was bad.

"Paradise City" was bad.

I completely disagree with every single word you wrote. Idiot.

That doesn't make me an idiot at all. It means we disagree. Aren't you the guy who kept claiming in the chat room that the concert was canceled due to rain?

Look, his voice is in bad shape and needs practice. End of story. Stop posting these stupid topics.

Agreed. Whatever happened has happened...Axl didn't retire, the world didn't stop turning and the show goes on...

I think this has been analysed to death by both sides

Look, his voice is in bad shape and needs practice. End of story. Stop posting these stupid topics.

Was in bad shape, he sounded great in Chile.

I really don't think there's a lot to be said about Rio; his voice was shot because it was the beginning of the tour and it was raining, lack of stage presence due to rain, SOAD contributed to GN'R being late.