Home Theaters

Eventually it will get to a point that people don't have room though, right? Or they just think they look too big. :P

(Of course, anybody posting in this topic will probably disagree :D)

There are 2 windows in my house that, if filled in would be a perfect wall for a 100" screen. I mean, they face the sun so they provide heat in the winter but...man that'd be sweet. (Grabs hammer)

Eventually it will get to a point that people don't have room though, right? Or they just think they look too big. :P

(Of course, anybody posting in this topic will probably disagree :D)

There are 2 windows in my house that, if filled in would be a perfect wall for a 100" screen. I mean, they face the sun so they provide heat in the winter but...man that'd be sweet. (Grabs hammer)

You can never have too big a screen mate...go for it and get a HD projector.......

Hey, just because living rooms aren't changing doesn't mean people wont want bigger tvs. 8 years ago my 63 inch plasma would have cost you 10 grand. I can't wait til an 80" plasma is affordable. And don't bother linking me to the 80" LED, I've seen them and they look like shit.

Yeah but the Sharp 70" elite are stellar tv's...if they ever do a 90" elite that would be perfect.....

So i am definitely going to get a reciever, saw one today in town a pioneer one. I am a complete n00b what are the red n black sockets for? Obviously for speakers but at the mo i have speakers that are wired, will they be no good to connect to the reciever?

I can disconnect them from the back of the dvd player and the back of the speakers themselves as they are just wires that slot in. As in i cut the wire to reveal the copper wire inside and that slots inside the + & - of the speaker.

Hope that makes sense.

I know home theaters-in-a-box are like the anti-christ for a lot of enthusiasts, but what can I get for around $5-600? I don't need a lot of power considering I stay in a duplex. Probably will have the Sub. turned all the way down So I'll wanting clarity over anything. My last set that came with my TV was horrible with dialogue. Had to turn it way up to understand dialogue which resulted in everything else being way too loud. Also, bluethooth/wireless is a must. Cant stand wires.

Those prices arent bad. I'll probably be picking me out a 4k TV as soon as some content starts rolling out.

Truth be told, you can find a decent home theater in a box if you get the right one. THAT SAID, if you are willing to spend 600 bucks on a system, you could get a halfway decent receiver and build your own combination of Polk or Klipsch and kick the shit out of any theater in a box. Keeping in mind, if you buy decent towers, a subwoofer can be an afterthought. Regardless you can find a 10" sub for under a hundred bucks.on a good deal.

That's the TSi series, I have the 3 speaker version (the 400). I've heard the 400s are a little clearer, but the 500s are LOUD. You probably will not need a sub with all those 6 1/2 speakers. My speakers could use a bit more thump but the larger should take care of it. 399 seems a bit high though, you could probably find the cheaper. And yea, you can get a decent Pioneer, Yamaha, or Denon for 2-300 bucks. As far as your ps3, should be fine, you'll just plug your hdmi into your receiver.

I know home theaters-in-a-box are like the anti-christ for a lot of enthusiasts, but what can I get for around $5-600? I don't need a lot of power considering I stay in a duplex. Probably will have the Sub. turned all the way down So I'll wanting clarity over anything. My last set that came with my TV was horrible with dialogue. Had to turn it way up to understand dialogue which resulted in everything else being way too loud. Also, bluethooth/wireless is a must. Cant stand wires.

Those prices arent bad. I'll probably be picking me out a 4k TV as soon as some content starts rolling out.

I ran a Pioneer HTIAB for a while and the thing sounded horrific. Went back to the TV speakers. That says it all really. Lack of clarity was the big problem. I'd avoid HTIAB at all costs.

The Polk you link to have four woofers per tower! I dunno, seems a bit much if what you are saying is your place is small and you won't turn up the volume that much. I'd opt instead for a two-way bookshelf or a small tower with maybe one or two woofers on it at most. If you pay the same for that you'll likely get a better quality speaker.