"Being in Guns ´N Roses"

Guest siliconmessiah

and is still tearing up the charts a full two years later

Right ChiDem is just tearing up the charts......the only reason it even showed up as a blip in the Billboard top 200 is because BestBuy is finally biting the bullet and are basically giving it away for loose change to try to make some of their money back.

there's no other way to look at it,

but they did get their numbers in, so yay for them.

guns doesn't have to release albums or do interviews or have silly photoshoots.

they just have to keep doing what they do. as of the year 2011, they play massive world tours, massive music festivals around the world, and have released a hit album that went platinum around the world and is still tearing up the charts a full two years later. i think axl has proven he knows how to run a band better than anyone on this forum, unless of course some of you are keeping secret the fact that you are international music celebrities.

so thanks for all the hot tips from all the people with a millionth of the talent and accomplishments axl has. file it under: rat's ass.

It's true that GnR are doing great...but they could be doing a lot better too...and I'm happy whatever they do, but I won't lie, I would love to see them releasing albums and do interviews. I mean, that's what bands do. Music.

Edited by jekylhyde

'Lack of new material turns Guns N´ Roses into a nostalgia act!'

no sh-t sherlock - they've been a cover band since.. 2000 and more so since Robin and Bucket quit :D

/have you ever played AFD. THATS GN'R! - end of..

Edited by star

I feel sorry for guys like Robin, Tommy, Brain & Bucket who all spent years in the studio recording God-knows-how-many songs, and now knowing that so much of what they wrote and recorded on will not see the light of day, or will simply be re-recorded to incorporate whoever's in GNR this week.

How don't you leave or become at least a little bitter over that?

Edited by sofine11

they just have to keep doing what they do. as of the year 2011, they play massive world tours, massive music festivals around the world, and have released a hit album that went platinum around the world and is still tearing up the charts a full two years later. i think axl has proven he knows how to run a band better than anyone on this forum, unless of course some of you are keeping secret the fact that you are international music celebrities.

so thanks for all the hot tips from all the people with a millionth of the talent and accomplishments axl has. file it under: rat's ass.

I love chinese democracy, but I don't know if I would consider placing 199th on a list of 200 to be "tearing up the charts".

but as long as people voice their opinions regarding the band name in a respectful manner than it should be a nonissue.

depends what they consider respectful

True, true...

I feel sorry for guys like Robin, Tommy, Brain & Bucket who all spent years in the studio recording God-knows-how-many songs, and now knowing that so much of what they wrote and recorded on will not see the light of day, or will simply be re-recorded to incorporate whoever's in GNR this week.

Too be fair, Robin and Bucket, worked with Axl Rose and created some decent guitar sounds for ok songs. It wasn't Guns N'Roses, but their guitar skills lifted somewhat average songs. The point at which Dj, BF, Frank covered the new songs, GN'R became a total joke.

Edited by star

Too be fair, Robin and Bucket, worked with Axl Rose and created some decent guitar sounds for ok songs. It wasn't Guns N'Roses, but their guitar skills lifted somewhat average songs. The point at which Dj, BF, Frank covered the new songs, GN'R became a total joke.

That's probably the biggest drag about the 'current' lineup. Before, where Bucket and Robin weren't Slash & Izzy, they were at least an incredibly talented duo (See TWAT, Better, CD, & IRS) who's sounds complimented eachother and brought an honest, fresh approach to Guns N' Roses.

Now, having Ron & DJ covering songs Robin & Bucket wrote & recorded is like having a coverband of, well, a more original coverband. Ron griping about how the next album will contain songs written 10 years ago by guys who've been out of the band for 5 years only confirms their own displeasure about this.

Thing is, the truth is that whatever songs are remaining from the Chinese Democracy Era are probably 10x better than anything they could come up with in 2011 or whenever they hit the studio.

Come to think of it, what are Bucket & Robin up to this year? :D

Edited by sofine11

That's probably the biggest drag about the 'current' lineup. Before, where Bucket and Robin weren't Slash & Izzy, they were at least an incredibly talented duo (See TWAT, Better, CD, & IRS) who's sounds complimented eachother and brought an honest, fresh approach to Guns N' Roses.

Now, having Ron & DJ covering songs Robin & Bucket wrote & recorded is like having a coverband of, well, a more original coverband. Ron griping about how the next album will contain songs written 10 years ago by guys who've been out of the band for 5 years only confirms their own displeasure about this.

Thing is, the truth is that whatever songs are remaining from the Chinese Democracy Era are probably 10x better than anything they could come up with in 2011 or whenever they hit the studio.

Come to think of it, what are Bucket & Robin up to this year? :D

Those guys didn't get along. In fact Tommy didn't get along with Bucket either and Brain won't work without Bucket so the four most important members other than Axl have issues to some degree or another with each other.

i'd rather have a band that is not on the edge of implosion at all points.

i'd rather have a band that is not on the edge of implosion at all points.

If they weren't then it wouldn't be a propper GNR lineup. B)

True but if Bucket had never left we'd have had CD sooner. Replacing him properly took time though I'm more excited about this lineup as they appear to get along well. Bucket and Axl would have been a potent combo without all the internal politics. People not jjiving with Bucket.

My dream lineup is

Huge

Brain

Bucket

Axl

Chris Pitman

Duff

Get rid of Dizzy and another guitar so we hear each individual member more clearly. I like Huge cause he wrote or cowrote my favorite songs on CD (most of em anyway).

The band currently has three lead guitar players. Richard plays rhythm but he's a lead guitarist, there is a difference.

It's true that GnR are doing great...but they could be doing a lot better too...and I'm happy whatever they do, but I won't lie, I would love to see them releasing albums and do interviews. I mean, that's what bands do. Music.

True.

Guest gunns5

this is the only version of the 2000-current lineup that can make it 'commercially' again, the Bucket era though was musically my favourite (however, I will retract that statement hopefully when one day the current band write some of their own material).

I still cant believe Bumble hasn't been in the studio at all to write anything, and hes now been in the band for half a decade.

Axls intentions must lie somewhere else? maybe... the '2000 (band) intentions?