Has Axl Given Up?

Nick85

Does anyone else get the impretion that Axl knows he blew his comeback and has completely given up trying to make Guns N' Roses successful and relevant?

During his 'chats' back in Decemeber 2008, before CD had disappeared completely from the charts and was still (albeit temporarily) doing well, despite the complete lack of promotion, Axl seemed completely psyched about the future, and openly discussed upcoming songs, the Better video, and how other videos were being "written" for other songs.

How brief that positivity was. True, he successfully toured overseas in 2010. But now, in almost mid 2011 every other aspect of GNR seems, I don't know...dead.

There was a time where it really seemed that once CD was released, Axl would give it his all and make sure the fans were rewarded for their years of patience.

Have we reached the end of the line, or at 49 years old, does Axl still have time to redeem himself?

Edited by sofine11

Axl doesn't give a shit about what other people think he should do. Thought you woulda figured that out by now. Or is this part of the cupcake clone army's genius plan to use internet message board voodoo to compel Axl to do their bidding.

He already climbed to the tippy top of the rock n roll pyramid. There are more things to life than catering to bitching and moaning fans.

He's enjoying life, not "giving up." It never ceases to crack me up how hyperbollic and dramatic all you whiners can be. Cry moar plz. It also gets old, just fyi.

Does it really affect your life so much that he might be considered part-time? We still got an album. Many of you have unreleased tracks you got your hands on. And GnR has done some recent touring with ol' Axl's voice sounding pretty good. Sooo.... we're sorry if he isn't whoring himself out like *ahem* Mister Top Hat, but that just isn't his style. He's low key. Deal with it. Or go away. Or wait, lemme guess, you and your clones are going to cupcake harder. Congratulations.

Look at the quote from the Abu Dhabi Interview in seely's Sig. Theres your answer, No

(Looking up from under the dark lenses of his aviators, Rose broke a smile. "We've crossed a few lines for certain," he said. "And we'll continue that.")

Edited by AxlIsGod.

Axl doesn't give a shit about what other people think he should do.

His actions say otherwise.

He already climbed to the tippy top of the rock n roll pyramid.

And blew it.

There are more things to life than catering to bitching and moaning fans.

Um..That's kinda his job.

Axl doesn't give a shit about what other people think he should do.

His actions say otherwise.

Right because he tried to emulate the sound of old GnR and is ready and willing to give Slash a big hug. You fail.

He already climbed to the tippy top of the rock n roll pyramid.

And blew it.

Not really. Steven blew it. Plus maybe you don't remember the 90's, but I do. GnR would not have held on to the throne even if everything was lovey dovey in GnR.

There are more things to life than catering to bitching and moaning fans.

Um..That's kinda his job.

No, that's what pop stars do. He's an artist.

"The name... is Dūmass."

dumbest fucking thread, evar. WE JUST HAD 2 YEARS OF TOURING. THEY ARE HEADLINING A GIANT FUCKING FESTIVAL IN OCTOBER. THERE ARE ALBUMS WORTH OF UNRELEASED MATERIAL, THAT WILL BE RELEASED. i'm so fucking sick of all of the negativity on these boards. you kids need to stop complaining and find something better to do with your time. :fuckyou:

has completely given up trying to make Guns N' Roses successful and relevant?

In a sense, I hope he does that. I've said it many times and I'll say it again: Axl needs to accept he's a cult icon now, not a mainstream superstar. It would take a lot of pressure off him and allow him to release more music. But I don't think he can adapt his way of thinking to that.

Axl doesn't give a shit about what other people think he should do. Thought you woulda figured that out by now.

Of course he does. It's one of the reasons HTGTH is censored

cant argue this point .

Chris55: The so-called "censoring" of some feckin web site doesn't prove anything in counterpoint to my post. Some sites have a lower threshold for negativity and misinformation and disinformation. You people act like the 1st amendment applies on the interwebz. HA!!! Jarmo deleting shit-talking threads doesn't establish anything about Axl doing what people think he should do. Like I said, if he cared about what people think he should do, he would start imitating Slash's publicity spotlight hogging or something. No really I mean it. Think about it. Axl charts his own course. And he may have a couple lawyers that he uses to spite those who would talk shit about him on the internet. Personally I find that to be awesome, lmao. And that's the same reason you have so many attention-whores on this message board and other GNR boards. They want attention from Axl or his lawyers. Too bad Axl's lived 50 lifetimes' worth of experiences more than the average user on this board, so consider the notion he might be a wiser than you give him credit for.

Justmike66: I just did. Deleting threads on a gaddamned internet message board is not "censoring." Quit being so dramatic. You're portraying it like it's some CIA cover up. Gimme a fuckin break!!!! Heh.

Axl doesn't give a shit about what other people think he should do. Thought you woulda figured that out by now.

Of course he does. It's one of the reasons HTGTH is censored

cant argue this point .

Chris55: The so-called "censoring" of some feckin web site doesn't prove anything in counterpoint to my post. Some sites have a lower threshold for negativity and misinformation and disinformation. You people act like the 1st amendment applies on the interwebz. HA!!! Jarmo deleting shit-talking threads doesn't establish anything about Axl doing what people think he should do. Like I said, if he cared about what people think he should do, he would start imitating Slash's publicity spotlight hogging or something. No really I mean it. Think about it. Axl charts his own course. And he may have a couple lawyers that he uses to spite those who would talk shit about him on the internet. Personally I find that to be awesome, lmao. And that's the same reason you have so many attention-whores on this message board and other GNR boards. They want attention from Axl or his lawyers. Too bad Axl's lived 50 lifetimes' worth of experiences more than the average user on this board, so consider the notion he might be a wiser than you give him credit for.

Getting lawyers to threaten fan message boards to control posts that cast you in a negative light shows Axl cares what people think. Name one other rockstar/band that has ever done that.

Axl needs to accept he's a cult icon now, not a mainstream superstar. It would take a lot of pressure off him and allow him to release more music. But I don't think he can adapt his way of thinking to that.

Agree with this. I kinda view it using a football analogy. At one point Axl/GN'R were top of the Premier league, winning all the trophies and having great European success. However as time went on the chemistry in the team faded and players who were at one point key to the success moved on. They then went into freefall and had to deal with relegation. However in recent years they've had a bit of a resurgence and would now be like a mid table championship team in a relatively stable position.

Getting lawyers to threaten fan message boards to control posts that cast you in a negative light shows Axl cares what people think. Name one other rockstar/band that has ever done that.

You're talking about ONE thing. ONE. And something else, let me tell you about the internet. See, on the internet, if you're smart, you can find whatever information you're looking for. So some fucking deleted message board thread on a major fan site doesn't "disappear off teh interwebz forevar!" I like how you used the word "threaten." OH TEH DRAMAZ!!

Wait wait wait do you have a list? Here's your chance! You can tell the world about all the censored hush hush things! *crowd gasps in unison* Except I would also ask that you include all the mean un-nice legal "threats" in your tally- including the letters from lawyers about copyright infringement, etc. Or lack thereof (wait that's a different tally).

This board is full of threads that cast Axl in a negative light, by the way.

And I like how you said "name one other rockstar/band that has ever done that" as if you just provided 100% verified proof that threads aren't deleted on other internet message boards. I got news for you, buddy: threads are deleted all the time on the internet.

Guest siliconmessiah

the reason HTGTH is censored is bcos he doesn't care what you think.

Exuse me. But this makes no sense.

Keep on hanging on, keep on hoping with your fundamentalist-style posting "it will happen" "it´s not over" "he has got something".

No Axl doesn´t, his done for this time. There will be nothing, nothing at all. Maybe in some years time, with a new semi-reunion-style of some sort (no slash included).

There were many things leading up to this point. Many things that was handled like total shit by Axl (promotion, lack of released material, interviews, broken promises, constant lineup changes, silence, inability to use momentum) combined with some unlucky happenings.

As a fan, I am sorry it turned out this way, after all. But man...did he fuck things up. =/

But CD was great anyway!

Edited by siliconmessiah