Why do so many fans dislike Shacklers Revenge?

Towelie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think because it's the antithesis of original Guns. To me it has the devil may care attitude of It's so Easy. But I guess it's the most nu metal. so fans must have been fuck nu metal, gnr! Then GNR went nu metal, hence fuck Shacklers. but I like it, it's undeniably awesome. Rocks live.

You're right. That's the closest thing to Nu Metal Gn'R ever made. And the fact of it being completely different from the vintage/classic rock sound original Guns had is what makes old school gunners hate it so much.

the coolest thing in Shacklers is the wah guitar that comes after the dissonant synth chords, other than that the song just sucks.

This. Live it sucks as well.

Edited by st0n3r

the coolest thing in Shacklers is the wah guitar that comes after the dissonant synth chords, other than that the song just sucks.

Really? I love headbanggin to it live.

Well, I just don't like the song. hearing it live didn't change my mind. ;)

The songs great. In fact I love the whole album except rhiad

That's really the same with me. I don't know why, but I never really though high of Rhiad. It's really the only track that seem's like it is, well, dated. :shrugs:

Anyway, I can see why a person would'nt like Shacklers at first. It a more industrial song and takes time to like it. Some people like it instantly, so don't like it at all.

Anyway, it's one of my favorite NuGN'R song's.

I wonder if Axl wrote that with the mindset of being in those kids' heads, and if he had access to weapons, would've done the same. Pretty dark subject matter without being cartoonish about it.

I think he was just playing the role of the shooter same way he plays Holden syndrome guy in Catcher. But the chorus is denying responsibility for those shootings?

Really? I love headbanggin to it live.

you'd probably also headbang to papa roach

Your smoking the best crack in town if you think it's Nu-Guns finest hour. Anyone with a pair of working ears would say TWAT or Prosty (IMO it's If the World, TWAT & Sorry through to Prostitute - IMO the best run of tracks on anything with the GNR name on it)

If The World sucks and is by far the worst song on the album. I would actually go so far as to say that it is blatant filler material.

Different strokes, different folks.

Shacklers has always been my favourite Nu Guns song. The drumming is relentless, the chorus is infectious, the rhythm guitar work is brilliant, and Ron's guitar tapping at the end is probably the best moment on the whole album.

I'm always baffled to see so many fans ripping on this gem.

It sounds dated, very 1999ish. I like it myself, but only when I'm in the mood for it. It's not really a song I think of when I think "GNR."

i've always liked this song, but it wasn't i heard some parts of the multitracks on youtube that I began to LOVE it. i heard all of the layers of axl's vocals in the chorus, and I had never heard them alone before. now, when I listen I can hear all of the distinct parts, but before that it blended together into one big piece. :thumbsup:

I'm a huge Buckethead fan, but still, I can't really get into this song. The thing is, I can't even tell you what the reason for this is.

This is definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. It has been since it leaked.

Axl's vocals are simply amazing.