Why do so many fans dislike Shacklers Revenge?

Towelie

Shacklers has always been my favourite Nu Guns song. The drumming is relentless, the chorus is infectious, the rhythm guitar work is brilliant, and Ron's guitar tapping at the end is probably the best moment on the whole album.

I'm always baffled to see so many fans ripping on this gem.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think because it's the antithesis of original Guns. To me it has the devil may care attitude of It's so Easy. But I guess it's the most nu metal. so fans must have been fuck nu metal, gnr! Then GNR went nu metal, hence fuck Shacklers. but I like it, it's undeniably awesome. Rocks live.

The Elephant guitar solo. Axl should have released whatever solo Bucket came up with.

Can we hear Bucket's solo somewhere?

To be honest I absolutely love Ron's solo on Shackler's, it's the icing on the cake.

I hated Shackler's when I first listened to it, but it was because I didn't listen to it with the proper audio installation. Ever since I listened to it with a big installation, I'm absolutely loving it, I think it's the song that I listen to the most after Chinese Democracy.

It's really weird because to me, the best songs are TWAT and Catcher (and This I love), but the ones that I listen to the most are CD and Shackler's. You can't beat the rythm.

Dcent song when i'm in the mood for it..but it's one of my least favourite songs from the album. Never been to keen on that intro, and the solo never quite got on with me..just a little too...whacky or funky for my liking.

Great lyrics and chorus though, solid drumming and rhythm, still glad it was on the album rock1

first of where the hack did you get that impression?

when you start a topic you should provide some facts!

I like this song, and people I know who listen to it find it really cool!

So, again why start a topic like this? just for the sake of a discussion?

:ph34r: !?!

I've noticed it getting quite a bit of hate on GNR boards. Also if you read the customer reviews on Amazon you'll see a lot of fans seem to dislike Shacklers.

Edited by Towelie

I've noticed it getting quite a bit of hate on GNR boards. Also if you read the customer reviews on Amazon you'll see a lot of fans seem to dislike Shacklers.

It's awful. I would wreck my car to get it off my radio.

The Elephant guitar solo. Axl should have released whatever solo Bucket came up with.

Can we hear Bucket's solo somewhere?

To be honest I absolutely love Ron's solo on Shackler's, it's the icing on the cake.

I hated Shackler's when I first listened to it, but it was because I didn't listen to it with the proper audio installation. Ever since I listened to it with a big installation, I'm absolutely loving it, I think it's the song that I listen to the most after Chinese Democracy.

It's really weird because to me, the best songs are TWAT and Catcher (and This I love), but the ones that I listen to the most are CD and Shackler's. You can't beat the rythm.

is that because it is the next song after C.D. ????? mf_Dr_Evil.gif

Shacklers has always been my favourite Nu Guns song. The drumming is relentless, the chorus is infectious, the rhythm guitar work is brilliant, and Ron's guitar tapping at the end is probably the best moment on the whole album.

I'm always baffled to see so many fans ripping on this gem.

So... you actually described Oh My God right there. :D