Guns n Roses' fans need to be more like Deep Purple's

saber_

The best forum I have ever been on has been the Pearl Jam 10c forums. Everyone is pleasant, there is always new things to talk about, and Pearl Jam are in constant motion

If GNR operated like them it would be a lot more beneficial not just in regards to fan communication but musically as well

Guest siliconmessiah

The fans are fans, they are all individual and have right to their opinions.

Fans should be able to do/discuss/behave in parity with what their favourite band does, achieve and deliver.

It´s kind of a relationship in some ways.

No fans. No band. No band. No fans

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

I think we need to act more like Guns N Roses fans, instead of Axl fans or Slash fans.

COULD NOT AGREE MORE, this completly

I agree to the fullest.

But this will probably never ever change.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The best forum I have ever been on has been the Pearl Jam 10c forums.

Guns N' Roses is slightly different though... given the present band is essentially a splinter (so therefore no matter what length GN'R impress... there'll always be those seeking what once was). I would say Jarmo had the right idea... in terms of a forum for Guns N' Roses fans - however the problem with Here Today Gone To Hell is it's ran as a regime whereby as opposed to genuine fan debate it's Jarmo's "intellectual prowess" against a small few... with the rest nodding agreeingly... and blindly (because there's an agenda to the moderating).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

The best forum I have ever been on has been the Pearl Jam 10c forums.

Guns N' Roses is slightly different though... given the present band is essentially a splinter (so therefore no matter what length GN'R impress... there'll always be those seeking what once was). I would say Jarmo had the right idea... in terms of a forum for Guns N' Roses fans - however the problem with Here Today Gone To Hell is it's ran as a regime whereby as opposed to genuine fan debate it's Jarmo's "intellectual prowess" against a small few... with the rest nodding agreeingly... and blindly (because there's an agenda to the moderating).

You really do love that Italics button!

Edited by axl8302

Guest siliconmessiah

Has Deep Purple released one original studio album in the last 20 years?

Deep Purple dont need a new album! Neither does Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Metallica, AC/DC or Guns N' Roses

Aerosmith: 14 studio albums

Rolling Stones: 29 studio albums

Metallica: 9 studio albums

AC/DC: 19 studio albums

Guns N Roses: 6 studio albums

It would do Guns N´ Roses good to increase their amount of released albums. Hopefully in august/september.

Yeah I noticed the similarities between DP and GNR a while ago and wrote about it on somewhere else...

Ian Paice is the only original member still playing with DP... the difference is the DP fans don't call their band as Paice's solo act

and a question:

Imagine a situation like this: the guitarist Ritchie Blackmore left DP in 1994. Let's say that he releases a new solo album (Blackmore's Night) and he puts there a cover/remix of Perfect Strangers song (1984) with rappers and a pop star on vocals.

Possible? What would the DP fans say?

Now think what Slash did.

Guest siliconmessiah

Deep Purple has an up to date homepage with each bandmember presented.

They also have up-to-date tourdates, downloads and a community.

In 2006, Deep Purple released a live-dvd wich also was released on blu-ray.

During the 2000´s, Deep Purple have released two studio albums, that featured the same band that goes on tour/is on stage.

I think that Guns N´ Roses, as a whole, on average, should be more like this in several respects.

Do you agree or disagree?

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

You want Guns n Roses to be more like Deep Purple but you are not willing to be like a Deep Purple fan.

Now I don´t get what you mean? I have never ever called out GNR to be Axl Roses solo act.

I would be happy with a proper live DVD and some updates from Axl on regular intervals really. They don't have to go to Megadeth/Metallica-like lengths with bios, signature gear, forums etc on their forum(although it would be cool), but the basics would be awesome.

Yeah the 2006 DVD has no Ritchie, original guitar, so too bad it wasn't a more vintage show.

On that note Ian Gillan, singer, hates Blackmore nowadays with a passion, and vice-versa. Ongoing feud for years and years...they haven't played together since 1993...can you imagine?

So yeah that would be cool if it was like that with Guns and Roses too!

Edited by axlskAmpf

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Deep Purple dont need a new album! Neither does Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Metallica, AC/DC or Guns N' Roses

Guns N' Roses not having to prove its musical credentials doesn't mean it shouldn't release new material (Guns should actually want to given fan enthusiasm and presumably... an artistic drive).