maximum

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I wish he'd just concentrate on music rather than suing everyone

There was an agreement in place stating no character both "old or new" could be part of the game alongside "Jungle" (why should he permit such a blatant failure to observe a particular agreement?).

There was an agreement in place stating no character both "old or new" could be part of the game alongside "Jungle" (why should he permit such a blatant failure to observe a particular agreement?).

Exactly,blatant breech of contract from Activision,hope they go down hard.

Pretty stupid "agreement" to begin with. It's called "Guitar Hero" for a reason. Yeah a breach of contract sucks and breaking a contract is illegal but I think it's lame that it was a demand like that was even set in place to begin with

Pretty stupid "agreement" to begin with. It's called "Guitar Hero" for a reason. Yeah a breach of contract sucks and breaking a contract is illegal but I think it's lame that it was a demand like that was even set in place to begin with

Activision agreed with this "demand". That's the bottom line.

..the agreement is just so damn weird.

Activision told him (Axl Rose) during negotiations that it (GHIII) wouldn't feature any reference to the former GNR member (Slash).

It appears Axl was happy to allow Activision to use the song as performed by Slash. Why would Axl allow the song to be used, but not an image of the guitarist performing on the song?

If Axl didn't want Slash appearing on the game (in image form ) then why didn't he simply have total control and go all the way and let Activision use a version of the song feat. Buckethead / Robin Finck ?

Edited by star

Activision told him (Axl Rose) during negotiations that it (GHIII) wouldn't feature any reference to the former GNR member (Slash).

It appears Axl was happy to allow Activision to use the song as performed by Slash. Why would Axl allow the song to be used, but not an image of the guitarist performing on the song?

If Axl didn't want Slash appearing on the game (in image form ) then why didn't he simply have total control and go all the way and let Activision use a version of the song feat. Buckethead / Robin Finck ?

because the song would be wayyyyy to new ! rofl-lol.gif

u didnt read the other posts in this topic right?

stating no character both "old or new" could be part of the game alongside "Jungle"

now, WHY he decided that? no one knows besides Axl & cia. we can speculate for sure...

Activision wouldn't have accepted a Buckethead/Finck version of Jungle because then it wouldn't be the original classic tune everyone loves. To me, not wanting Slash appear but to use the song is some sort of weird powerplay. Why should Axl care if Slash appears on a song Slash himself helped write?

Activision wouldn't have accepted a Buckethead/Finck version of Jungle because then it wouldn't be the original classic tune everyone loves. To me, not wanting Slash appear but to use the song is some sort of weird powerplay. Why should Axl care if Slash appears on a song Slash himself helped write?

Activision did agree to the terms set forward in order to use the song,and then proceeded to renig on the deal,hope their deceptive asses get reamed.

Activision did agree to the terms set forward in order to use the song,and then proceeded to renig on the deal,hope their deceptive asses get reamed.

A contract violation does suck. No arguing that. It's the logic behind the stipulation that seems weird to me is all

Well why would he want a Slash character representing GNR when he left the band a decade ago? It seems pretty obvious that Axl did not want Slash overshadowing not only him, but the actual GNR lineup at the time.

What's wrong with the lead guitarist, who co-wrote the song with the rest of the band, being in a videogame called "Guitar Hero" which promotes music he himself made?