Iron Maiden

ssiscool

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you think Iron Maiden are any good?

Personally i fucking love them. Only recently started to REALLY love them though. I was a fan until i seen them in 2010, then i liked them alot. After seeing them again in 2011 i can say i absolutly love them.

My favourite band along with GN'R

Saw them live the other week at Nottingham Arena, my second time seeing them, absolutely amazing show. Bruce Dickinson is unmatched in energy and stamina. And gotta love Janick Gers' showmanship (and guitar dance moves!)

Love pretty much everything they've ever done, but their albums since Bruce and Adrian came back in 1999 have been outstanding

For me Maiden just get better and better, their last 2 albums have contained some of their strongest work imo. I grew up in the 80's and love the classics, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is probably my favourite album, but A Matter Of Life and Death is a close second. The last album took a wee while to grow on me but now I love it, especially after seeing them live last month, seeing Bruce belting out The Talisman was just astounding rock3 What a frontman, what a singer, he's hitting all the notes with ease and his onstage energy hasnt dipped a bit despite his age.

I love the direction they are going in, they are under all this pressure from the media and old fans just to play the classics and make music that sounds like the classics, but they are doing their own thing and keep pushing themselves musically.

Personally I think GNR should be taking a long hard look at Maiden, they have no mainstream support in the media, get no airplay on the trendy music stations and radio, and they dont even go out their way to even acknowlege the media and play that game- and yet they reguarly sell out stadiums and arenas all around the world and reguarly release top 10 selling albums.

So yeah, I fucking love them!

Personally I think GNR should be taking a long hard look at Maiden, they have no mainstream support in the media, get no airplay on the trendy music stations and radio, and they dont even go out their way to even acknowlege the media and play that game- and yet they reguarly sell out stadiums and arenas all around the world and reguarly release top 10 selling albums.

This

My Maiden album ranking (best to worst):

-Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

-Brave New World

-Powerslave

-Somewhere In Time

-A Matter Of Life And Death

-The Final Frontier

-The Number Of The Beast

-Iron Maiden

-Dance Of Death

-Piece Of Mind

-The X Factor

-Virtual XI

-Fear Of The Dark

-Killers

-No Prayer For The Dying

Subject to change often though

Edited by seely

This

-Brave New World

-Powerslave

-Somewhere In Time

-The Final Frontier

-The Number Of The Beast

-Iron Maiden

-Dance Of Death

-Piece Of Mind

-The X Factor

-Virtual XI

-Fear Of The Dark

-Killers

-No Prayer For The Dying

Interesting list, I don't think I've EVER seen someone rank Killers that low, but to each their own.

This

-Brave New World

-Powerslave

-Somewhere In Time

-The Final Frontier

-The Number Of The Beast

-Iron Maiden

-Dance Of Death

-Piece Of Mind

-The X Factor

-Virtual XI

-Fear Of The Dark

-Killers

-No Prayer For The Dying

Interesting list, I don't think I've EVER seen someone rank Killers that low, but to each their own.

I like the album, but I always thought it just always lacked something. 9 out of the 11 songs I think were solely written by Steve and so it perhaps lacks a bit of diversity from the influence of the writers. None of the songs are bad, and there are some great ones there (Killers, Murder In The Rue Mourge, Wrathchild), but the rest just kind of drit past me, it's never had the staying power of the other albums. I have grown to like it more with time though, it used to be my least favourite, guess it could perhaps replace Fear Of The Dark for the number 13 spot

Really, really like Maiden. I find pretty much any album with Di'Anno and Dickinson to be at least enjoyable.

Not a Blaze Bayley fan then? I thought his two albums were pretty decent. I'm a big fan of his solo work too since leaving Maiden, quality stuff. Great shows, and always comes down to do signings and photos with the fans afterwards too.

Really wish Bruce Dickinson would make another solo album too, loved all 6 of them, but the last three were incredible

Not a Blaze Bayley fan then? I thought his two albums were pretty decent.

They're not bad y'know. At the very least you can see the beginnings of the prog stuff they would do later on AMOLAD and TFF, and I'd put stuff like The Aftermath, Man On The Edge and Sign Of The Cross right up there in my top 20 Maiden songs... Edited by moreblack

Voted yes. They're pretty amazing, and Bruce Dickinson is my all-time favorite vocalist. I pretty much enjoyed every single album. Rime, Moonchild, Starblind, Paschendale, Loneliness, Mother Russia, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, The Thin Line, Killers. . . just pure awesome.

However, a point against them for practically copying a song in Hallowed and Nomad. :P

Voted yes. They're pretty amazing, and Bruce Dickinson is my all-time favorite vocalist. I pretty much enjoyed every single album. Rime, Moonchild, Starblind, Paschendale, Loneliness, Mother Russia, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Sign of the Cross, The Clansman, The Thin Line, Killers. . . just pure awesome.

However, a point against them for practically copying a song in Hallowed and Nomad. :P

The Thin Line Between Love And Hate...one of their most underated songs, such a shame it wasn't played on the Brave New World Tour (But hey, least we got Dream Of Mirrors)

The Thin Line Between Love And Hate...one of their most underated songs, such a shame it wasn't played on the Brave New World Tour (But hey, least we got Dream Of Mirrors)

The Thin Line is pretty good in the beginning, but that last half of the song is just class. The vocals, the guitar solo. I get why it wasn't played live, but I wish it was. xD Yeah, Dream Of Mirrors was a worthy replacement. Such a great buildup to that double time part.

Brave New World was an awesome album.

The Thin Line is pretty good in the beginning, but that last half of the song is just class. The vocals, the guitar solo. I get why it wasn't played live, but I wish it was. xD Yeah, Dream Of Mirrors was a worthy replacement. Such a great buildup to that double time part.

Yep. They couldn't have come up with a better album to mark the reunion with Bruce and H if they'd tried. It was a perfect comeback

kinda ironic that people myself included dig Iron Maiden, despite the constant line-up changes and we knock nuGuns for the same thing!

To be fair the current line up has remained in place since 1999 and four studio albums, so not too shabby :P

(Albet in the early days, yeah I agree with you)

Yep. They couldn't have come up with a better album to mark the reunion with Bruce and H if they'd tried. It was a perfect comeback

More than any other album, Brave New World is one of the ones I really feel I need to listen to front to back. I wouldn't say it's my favorite Maiden album, but it's grown on me so much since I first heard it. The only song on the album I don't care for is The Nomad, but I still wouldn't say it's a bad song.