RollingStone article

Coma16

The main reason I want the dates is to put CD tour behind us and move on to CD2 / new material. I do not expect a release to coincide with the tour but hopefully we get a new song or 2, or at least some UYI gems...

I don't think it is a CD tour anymore. It can't be a tour anymore. It's simply a tour. A tour covering songs from the past.

The band is eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. Assuming they get in on their first ballot, the March 2012 ceremony would be an opportunity for the classic lineup to stand together on the same stage for the first time since drummer Steven Adler left in 1990. Rose has long maintained that any sort of reunion with the classic lineup is impossible – but guitarist Izzy Stradlin did play with Axl on a series of dates in 2006. And last year in England, bassist Duff McKagan played on four songs at the 02 Arena.

I bet Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler show up. If Axl has any input into the Guns N'Roses Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then it might be via video link :D

I'm lucky, I saw them in 2006 tour n' in 2010 tour, n' the late tour is really better, the sound, the actitude, the band jokin', all is great, awsome, for me, the best band touring. If you liked it in 2006 (I like a lot), your head will explode with this tour. rock3

I'm lucky, I saw them in 2006 tour n' in 2010 tour, n' the late tour is really better, the sound, the actitude, the band jokin', all is great, awsome, for me, the best band touring. If you liked it in 2006 (I like a lot), your head will explode with this tour. rock3

Yeah,looking forward to it !!

The main reason I want the dates is to put CD tour behind us and move on to CD2 / new material. I do not expect a release to coincide with the tour but hopefully we get a new song or 2, or at least some UYI gems...

I don't think it is a CD tour anymore. It can't be a tour anymore. It's simply a tour. A tour covering songs from the past.

The band is eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. Assuming they get in on their first ballot, the March 2012 ceremony would be an opportunity for the classic lineup to stand together on the same stage for the first time since drummer Steven Adler left in 1990. Rose has long maintained that any sort of reunion with the classic lineup is impossible – but guitarist Izzy Stradlin did play with Axl on a series of dates in 2006. And last year in England, bassist Duff McKagan played on four songs at the 02 Arena.

I bet Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler show up. If Axl has any input into the Guns N'Roses Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then it might be via video link :D

Wenner read the letter Lydon sent when the Pistols were inducted. I think the entire band stayed home.

GNR are a Rolling Stone mag favorite, regardless of what Axl thinks about them. I don't know why they didn't call the damn thing "Rolling Stone Rock Hall". Their name will be in the running first year they're eligible.

I'm lucky, I saw them in 2006 tour n' in 2010 tour, n' the late tour is really better, the sound, the actitude, the band jokin', all is great, awsome, for me, the best band touring. If you liked it in 2006 (I like a lot),

your head will explode with this tour. rock3

Couldn't agree more! rock3

but saying that no-one knows what we're expecting this time round so I'm excited to see. :P

Me too plus 2007 in Mexico & 2009 in Canada- Miami will b my 10th GnR show! only 1 of those, the incredible marathon 3.5 hr 1991 Greensboro show was with the "semi-original" line-up. I live in NC so def more shows coming for me!

The 1991 show was amazing, but the best shows i've seen since then were Greensboro 2006, Canada 2009- (last time they played TWAT!) & thank god I was at the 2010 London 02 show with Duff- that show was def the best with the new band- Axl & the band were on fucking fire! But they NEVER dissappoint! rock3

Me too plus 2007 in Mexico & 2009 in Canada- Miami will b my 10th GnR show! only 1 of those, the incredible marathon 3.5 hr 1991 Greensboro show was with the "semi-original" line-up. I live in NC so def more shows coming for me!

The 1991 show was amazing, but the best shows i've seen since then were Greensboro 2006, Canada 2009- (last time they played TWAT!) & thank god I was at the 2010 London 02 show with Duff- that show was def the best with the new band- Axl & the band were on fucking fire! But they NEVER dissappoint! rock3

TWAT, Duff, and 3.5 hour show from semi-original line-up??? You sir are one lucky man.

On topic: Am I the only one thinking it would be hilarious if every member past and present showed up to the rock and roll hall of fame, and all tried to be on stage at once? Could you think of Finck, Buckethead, Slash, Bumblefoot, Ashba, Fortus, Tobias, Ferrer, Stradlin, Clarke, Brain, Adler, Sorum, Freese, Dizzy, Pitman, Stinson, Mckagan, and finally last but not least Axl all being on the same stage? Is it going to happen most likely not, but damn think of all the possibilities! Also if Slash and Axl were both to show up, I see one of two things happening. Option A: Axl sees Slash and says, "Well thanks to the lame ass security I'm going home". Option B, they just start a brawl in the middle of the ceremony. Or Maybe C: They put their differences aside for one damn night, Axl refuses to play any music with him, and then the next day they go back to hating each other.

To be honest, I am not taking the band very serious, ofcourse it's not a 'normal' band. But Axl ....I take him serious. If he wants this 'band' named GNR, so be it. Watching him perform, aside with some great musicians was awesome! And would love to see it again.

Edited by MBRose