RIR Setlist Leaked

gunnerpr

Just a reminder ....

BBA is the one who said that BBF was fired, that Richard left for Thin Lizzy, that Tommy quit and that Izzy and Duff were in negociations to play at RIR.

Just sayin'.

That's the thing, he's been very known to just make shit off the top of his head.

It's a possibility that this set-list could've been made and printed by some fan, and their passing it as real.

Like I said, don't get your hope up. If it happens, cool. If it doesn't happen, blame BBA, not Axl.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder ....

BBA is the one who said that BBF was fired, that Richard left for Thin Lizzy, that Tommy quit and that Izzy and Duff were in negociations to play at RIR.

Just sayin'.

True but people get all excited every time he posts one of these rumours because they are so starved for any NuGuns news so he is accomplishing what he set out to do which is get everyone whipped into a frenzy while he sits back and laughs....he never fails......

I won't believe it until it happens.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The set list originates from BBA (who’s never had any credibility in terms of “insider” status or fortune).

He’s craftily replicated the nature of other set list sheets which became public during the last tour.

He’s playing with you (and attempting to heap pressure on Axl by misleading the fan base into a false expectation).

DEXTER: Someone give me a list of all the alleged song titles at once and I'll tell what's real or not. Most from the past like cockroach soup or eulogy aren't.

Atlas Shrugged

No Love Remains

Take That

When Love Collides (I believe that was the name)

DEXTER: only Atlas

I stand corrected. But I was certain he said atlas was a rumor. having said that.....that is a cool title.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

If true, that sucks. But how do you know for sure?

I mean, it's not like it is impossible that this could be legit.

Is this person reputable? The setlist looks like it could very well be legit.

BBA’s fake is designed in accordance with one of the many set lists that became public during the last tour. He’s a competent con (but that doesn’t attach credibility to the con in process as anything beyond a lie).

I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re one of BBA’s minions or BBA himself posting in an attempt to bolster this so called “leak”.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

It would be absolutely incredible if it's true. But like everybody else I will wait to see how it goes on 10/4. The way they are advertising "all the classic hits" gives me some hope for changes, but I'll be happy if they go out there and play "South Pacific" followed up by a cover of "Footloose".

I'm just gonna wait and hit that Youtube channel on the 4th with a cocktail in my hand and either be surprised with new music or be happy as shit to hear the old setlist again. I can't understand why anybody would think it's cool to completely make something up like this, though. Guess I just don't get the whole "I'm a cool insider guy on the internet" thing.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'm just saying, you say it's not like you're positive, so I wanted to know why. That's all. It could very well be bs ...

BBA has an agenda against anything proclaiming to be GN’R beyond Use Your Illusion. Every few months he’ll perpetuate some bogus “inside” revelation to irritate GN’R and initiate falsehood throughout the community.

This “set list” ploy is no different.

Haha, this setlist is most hardcore fans' dream, even if it's fake, I think the guy who wrote the fake is clever. Except for Civil War, Nice boys and 1 or 2 AFD songs, GNR don't have a choice if they want to put Rio on fire: they must play Estranged and The General.

Every time they have started a new tour, they have incorporated new songs to the set, the most impressive being the kick off the 2009 asia tour with almost all of CD being played. It was fucking amazing to see that because Axl didn't promote the album, and I always felt like he wasn't totally happy about it, but that night in Tokyo proved me wrong, and very happy to see that he believed in the whole album at one point. I guess they dropped TWAT & Prostitute because they are too hard to sing for Axl, and maybe the audience reception wasn't worth the effort.

In the house of blues and RIR 3, they played new songs like CD, the blues, Silkworms, Oh my god, Madagascar. In 2006 they played Better & IRS. So my guess is that we'll definitely see something new at Rio, I'm almost sure they will play the General. They don't have a choice really, if a new album really is on march, they must play the general as it was the intro to all of the shows last year. The General is the new Chinese Democracy. In fact I'm 100% sure they will play the General. Probably some new DJ/Axl song. I'm betting good money they will play Prostitute and TWAT as well, there was a time will take all its meaning in Rio. They may play Estranged. I think Robin Finck will be a guest. Maybe Duff as well.

All of those stuff won't be real surprises to me to be honest. This is the least that I expect from Axl because he's madder than me, he sees things big, and has always delivered in tour start offs and huge events like Rock in Rio. He's not an idiotic tool like Matthew Bellamy from Muse or numerous other bands that don't give a shit about the setlist. Even if Axl said he "didn't care about the setlist", I'm sure that shows like this are incredibly special to him and he wants to give 200%. No way in hell they will play the regular setlist from last year (which kicked ass but felt too much like a "best of" from Guns with other members).

Axl must back up this event. He must promote the next album. He must prove he is Axl. So there's only ONE option left: play all of these songs, but most importantly: play Coma. This will be a real surprise if played and will make it the best GNR show ever. Final Coma.

I found this on a brazilian forum. I think is fake.

vyxzt1.jpg

Source: https://sites.google...ntarnorockinrio

Chinese then Night Train ????? ummmm NO ! oh............ just noticed hand written next to CD is 1 and next to jungle is 2 hmmmm? but then a 2 next to Think About You also?

but ....... Forgotten ????? the new Axl/DJ song maybe???? because I've never heard of that one at all.

I have no opinion whether or not this is real or fake. I would like to see them cut-out Live and Let Die and Knockin' on Heaven's Door (unless they play KOHD the way they played it during the run of the classic line-up). While I like both songs, they are covers and they occupy a lot of time that would make valuable room for.... ESTRANGED or something new.

I have no opinion whether or not this is real or fake. I would like to see them cut-out Live and Let Die and Knockin' on Heaven's Door (unless they play KOHD the way they played it during the run of the classic line-up). While I like both songs, they are covers and they occupy a lot of time that would make valuable room for.... ESTRANGED or something new.

Agree for KOHD but LALD is a short song and the pyros are amazing live (boring on Youtube clips though)

As someone who hasn't seen GN'R live ever, I wouldn't mind replacing KOHD with Estranged. In fact, I'd love that.

I love LALD, but if it was between LALD and, say, TWAT, I wouldn't even miss it.

Still, GN'R setlist is generally better than most bands', in my opinion.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill