Why is GN’R embarking on an extensive touring schedule with uncertain personnel?

Guest NGOG

When Buckethead quit, they found BF in no time, and BF simply did his best, and joined in while learning. If BF can work at that level i'm sure there's other musicians only to willing to full his spot. Just as Gilby filled in for Izzy. Sure they all have their own playing styles, but atleast they can all make a sound.

2 years is "no time"?

well, to be fair, in axl time that's equal to about three and a half months, i think.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why they couldn't "wing it" without BBF if he had to drop out mid-tour

Or they could have him pre-record his parts and pass them to Mother Goose

I like your "show must go on" attitude, Coma.

The show must go on. This "chapter" has dragged on for more than 10 years. Finish touring the states, release previously recorded CD sessions (maybe even with some Ashba) and then rest! (for no more than 6 months or so...)

Edited by Coma16

just go with 3 guitarists..........its what the old band did

I think you meant 2 guitarists (the bass player isn't a "guitarist").

I'm not the biggest fan of Bumblefoot here but what happened to him sucks, we shouldn't be too hard on him right now. I hope he recovers eventually and can carry on throughout the tour. Just because he just told this to the fans doesn't mean he didn't tell it to GNR management, they are all grown ups, they know their responsabilities. He was in a car crash, Axl must have been the first person in shock when he heard this. He's a caring person, I'm sure he gave whatever was necessary and motivated Bumblefoot for this tour. it's not just a "cash grab" thing.

Let's just focus on Rock in Rio IV, I don't really care about what happens afterwards to be honest, this particular gig is going to be the shit, I hope Axl announces CD II there.

Wow soe of you are crazy, his injuries are real and EVERYONE knows this. I have some of the same injuries he has, kudos to him if he can perform at all :)

This is a serious neck problem that may never correct itself. One day he could be great the next he can't move, I know this all too well myself.

Have faith that he can continue on this venture, the last thing we need is another line up change

Car accident - busted stuff in my neck, constant pressure on spine, constant pain... should NOT be touring, but I am. Until I can't. And then I won't. Suck it. OK, back to packing........

Bumblefoot is clearly conveying a sense of pessimism regarding completing this tour given his medical situation.

Now is this a failure on management’s part in terms of stubbornness or has Bumblefoot not provided an accurate reflection of his injuries (and GN’R are under the impression he’s good to go)?

We cannot have a situation again whereby one player’s condition (i.e. Buckethead in 2004) foils the progression of the band.

The way I see it, BBF agreeing to tour is making a statement that he believes he can cope with the pain. It seems he wants to gut it out, like a professional athlete playing through an injury.

This reminds me of Dave Mustaine playing the Big 4 show at Yankee Stadium even though he really "shouldn't" have. He chose to play through the pain.

The fact is that if BBF cannot play, he needs to say that. But, he hasn't. That to me says he believes he can deal with it. Actions speak louder than words.

Ali

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

This reminds me of Dave Mustaine playing the Big 4 show at Yankee Stadium even though he really "shouldn't" have. He chose to play through the pain.

Did Mustaine throw whiny little remarks on Facebook to the effect of him suggesting there’s a significant possibility he’d crash under the weight of his pain inevitably? That’s defeatist.

If Bumblefoot wants to persist regardless of his injuries then he should without publicly declaring reluctance and remorse at what in reality was a conscious and free decision.

We are grateful of the fact he was in a serious car crash but is supposedly willing to tour anyway. But Bumblefoot should not undertake this feat if there’s the potential there to compromise perhaps the most important part of new GN’R’s history.

He's saying his back hurts. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Don't take this the wrong way, but you're probably not the first person to think of a contingency plan should he need to stop touring. Gee... like having Fortus and Ashba learn BBF's parts? Or a backup guitarist in training? It's not rocket science. These people are music professionals, after all.

Did Mustaine throw whiny little remarks on Facebook to the effect of him suggesting there’s a significant possibility he’d crash under the weight of his pain inevitably? That’s defeatist.

If Bumblefoot wants to persist regardless of his injuries then he should without publicly declaring reluctance and remorse at what in reality was a conscious and free decision.

We are grateful of the fact he was in a serious car crash but is supposedly willing to tour anyway. But Bumblefoot should not undertake this feat if there’s the potential there to compromise perhaps the most important part of new GN’R’s history.

I really don't understand what's your purpose on this forum: sometimes you defend the band like a mad man, and sometimes you post things like this.

Like I said, Bumble has his drawbacks, which I explained in numerous posts, but anything concerning health is serious and we can't blame someone because of such things, it's plain stupid. I don't look at the "cash" thing on this one, I think it's brave to play a gig as big as RIR IV in his state.

It was a conscious and free decision. But, I don't have a problem with him venting via Twitter. He's just expressing his frustration. Like I said, actions speak louder than words, and he is choosing to play. I trust that if he chooses to play it's because he can.

Ali

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

But bailing out of it days before wouldn't do exactly that ?

Which is why I pointed out this should have been addressed long ago. Perhaps management is intent on using a blatantly injured guitarist and that is failure on their part.

He's saying his back hurts.

Is he though?

busted stuff in my neck, constant pressure on spine, constant pain... should NOT be touring, but I am. Until I can't. And then I won't. Suck it. OK, back to packing........

Bumblefoot is conveying a problem far more serious than a mere neck niggling.

but anything concerning health is serious and we can't blame someone because of such things, it's plain stupid.

Where did I express a distain for Bumblefoot’s evident injuries or even Bumblefoot himself?

I’m merely making the point including a player with such an apparently serious medical condition is plain stupid so far as sustainability.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I really don't understand what's your purpose on this forum: sometimes you defend the band like a mad man, and sometimes you post things like this.

I’m bi-polar when it comes to GN’R.

Car accident - busted stuff in my neck, constant pressure on spine, constant pain... should NOT be touring, but I am. Until I can't. And then I won't. Suck it. OK, back to packing........

Bumblefoot is clearly conveying a sense of pessimism regarding completing this tour given his medical situation.

Now is this a failure on management’s part in terms of stubbornness or has Bumblefoot not provided an accurate reflection of his injuries (and GN’R are under the impression he’s good to go)?

We cannot have a situation again whereby one player’s condition (i.e. Buckethead in 2004) foils the progression of the band.

I wouldnt worry to much here..GNR tours with some very fine chiropractors in their entourage...ive had the oppourtunity to meet some of them. I wouldnt be surprised if this tour also includes one as well.