Who said Axl should retire?

Black Horse

Eat that haters!! The fucker had just one bad night in Rio and AS I TOLD YOU the guy gets better and better as the tour goes on. This is just a little exemple of how wrong you guys are. Thank you Axl and thank you GNR for making us enjoy and have so much fun and emotion with your music. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! rock4rock3 rock2 rock2 rock2 rock1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zG7DSVLto8

This is from last night´s show in Buenos Aires.

Edited by Black Horse

Only a handful of idiots thought of this retirement none sense.

Wow the band plays Estranged the way it should be played!

This band will never be able to play Estranged as it should be played.

no band will be able to do that. the old gnr didn't play it the way it should be played either

no band will be able to do that. the old gnr didn't play it the way it should be played either

Exibit A

Exibit B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmDzNN9ebHQ

Major change is I think people are more responsive to the song now, in that they sing along.During its original run I recall people thought of it as an energy killer. I even remember people here on the forum saying one time or another that it was a song that didn't really work live. The old band didn't enjoy playing it either. Slash yelled at the band backstage when they would fuck it up. It was a real chore for them back then. Today it's amazing with how much ease the new band plays it. Possibly having the third guitar and pitman helps. I think the old version definitely has its merits but the new incarnation also has a magic and to be in the crowd actually watching it must be a fantastic experience now which other fans singing along.

Edited by steveysham

Major change is I think people are more responsive to the song now, in that they sing along.

People sung along in the 90s

The old band didn't enjoy playing it either. Slash yelled at the band backstage when they would fuck it up. It was a real chore for them back then.

Source for this? I know Axl said that It was his "personal little baby from the set"

Today it's amazing with how much ease the new band plays it. Possibly having the third guitar and pitman helps.

Mmm, yeah right. 3 guitar players doing the job of one man. Realy amazing. DJ better stay's backstage during the song, let Ron do all the work because he is imo the only guitar player in the band who can do justice to this song.

Edited by droezle

Today it's amazing with how much ease the new band plays it. Possibly having the third guitar and pitman helps.

Mmm, yeah right. 3 guitar players doing the job of one man. Realy amazing. DJ better stay's backstage during the song, let Ron do all the work because he is imo the only guitar player in the band who can do justice to this song.

Are they dividing every Saul solo in 3? No.

Fucking ridiculous to say that they have 3 guitarist to do the job of 1 man. Anyone of them could play all of Saul's solo's. But with 3 guitarists (2 of them are lead guitarists) it's fair to give all of them some lead parts. The reason that there are 3 guitarists is because of Chinese Democracy. And because Robin Finck returned to Guns N' Roses while they already had Buckethead to replace him.

Oh yeah I forgot Slash performed everything in the song. That's why Gilby was recruited in 92. If you're going to throw a tired cliché at me at least make sure it makes sense, or better yet, why not think and try to have an opinion rather than recycling platitudes.

Major change is I think people are more responsive to the song now, in that they sing along.

People sung along in the 90s

The old band didn't enjoy playing it either. Slash yelled at the band backstage when they would fuck it up. It was a real chore for them back then.

Source for this? I know Axl said that It was his "personal little baby from the set"

from 6.05

Edited by steveysham

Completely ignorant point. You know that's not true. Think first, type later.

Exibit A

Exibit B

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nmDzNN9ebHQ

The band that wrote the material plays it most faithfully. What a shock!

Only watched Oklahoma, but I agree, it's killer. Wouldn't change a thing. Don't get me wrong, the new band does a more than acceptable job, but that was pretty much spot on and bottom line it's more authentic.

Matt's totally underrated by GN'R fans, btw.

And to the OP, I don't think most people doubted that Axl would get better as the tour progressed. The question is why wasn't he more prepared for what was probably the most important show? If all it took was a matter of days then maybe he should've worked harder the one week before Rio.

Edited by KBear

My intention wasn´t to start an old vs new topic. My point was to prove that some of you guys were too fast to jump on Axl´s throat after the Rio show and just because of a so so performance you wanted to retire the guy. I used this video from last night show ( 3rd show of the tour) to prove that Axl goes better and better as the tour goes on, it doesn´t matter whether the audience sings along or not, what I wanted you guys to see is how much he has improved and the good mood. And the reason why I have chosen this performance of Estranged is because that it is the only video out there right now.

Old GnR didn't always have two guitar players?

I've always hated this argument. The original band had two guitarists (at the least) on every recording between Appetite and Spaghetti.

On many songs, Welcome to the Jungle for example, the studio versions have more than two guitar tracks. The intro to Welcome to the Jungle in the studio has at least three guitar tracks, as do the solos - Slash would record rhythm on the right channel, Izzy would have his rhythm in the left channel, and the solo would be mixed center.

If anything, this means the current line-up can do the songs live more accurately to the studio versions than the original band ever could. That's not to nag the original band's live sound, but strictly from a technical standpoint, the extra guitar allows this band to do even more. The third guitar is the main reason why the current line-up sounds "huge" on many songs, like Nightrain.

They are all fully capable lead players, so they divide the solos. It's ridiculous to say it takes the three of them to cover one man. Take Estranged for example, Ron plays ALL the leads except the one solo DJ takes. Ron could obviously play that solo too, but they split it up to make it fair or whatever.

Really? You've NEVER seen the "Making of Estranged" video?

I watched it once in 2006 when i got the VHS off eBay. Along with the other 2.

Eat that haters!! The fucker had just one bad night in Rio and AS I TOLD YOU the guy gets better and better as the tour goes on. This is just a little exemple of how wrong you guys are. Thank you Axl and thank you GNR for making us enjoy and have so much fun and emotion with your music. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! rock4rock3 rock2 rock2 rock2 rock1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zG7DSVLto8

This is from last night´s show in Buenos Aires.

Who said Axl should retire?

A MORON,

and is really sad because is not just one person, there are a lot of people here that are expecting all the time "something" to throw shit

Some threads seem anti guns n roses! :question:

Edited by Blummas

Fucking ridiculous to say that they have 3 guitarist to do the job of 1 man. Anyone of them could play all of Saul's solo's. But with 3 guitarists (2 of them are lead guitarists) it's fair to give all of them some lead parts. The reason that there are 3 guitarists is because of Chinese Democracy. And because Robin Finck returned to Guns N' Roses while they already had Buckethead to replace him.

@UcudBmineCD: could you stop using my avatar

@UcudBmineCD: could you stop using my avatar

Que?¿

why you think it is a replacement?, can not be a way to evolve musically, having three guitarists to generate other kind of sound? There more musician in new GNR and if you compare Chinese democracy with Appetite, there are an abysmal diference. There are a lot of work and sound mix in chinese! And maybe you can't do that with just one guitar

An idea probably inspired by southern rock bands and Iron Maiden.

+1

Axl had musical and evolution restrictions with the classic lineup

Really? "Evolution" restrictions? Chinese Democracy was full of dated songs that nobody had listened to since 2001. And it seems to me that most of what they play live are songs of yesteryear. Who's stopping Axl now?

In case you don´t remember, let me tell you that Chinese Democracy was released without Axl´s OK...