10/10 Santa Fe, Argentina at Salon Metropolitano Rosario - SOLD OUT -LIVE UPDATES

Guest Gunns

Solid set list so far. Of course I'm sure we'd all like to see more CD songs in the set at the very least, if not something new. People have to remember though that for the people AT the shows the set list is indeed a surprise. They don't follow every show like we do. Lots of bands play the same or a similar set every night on a tour. You could pick ten shows in a row from 1992 and see every show opens with Nightrain then Brownstone, and that some are shorter than others. Had this forum been around back then, it'd no doubt be the same complaining. The Internet has certainly changed the way concerts are looked at.

I like the current setlists, but I have to say that back in 92-93 they changed the setlist a lot more. For starters, the opening song could be It's So Easy, Nightrain, WTTJ, they even opened with YCBM once!

But as I said, I like the current setlists and don't really care that they only change 1 or 2 songs from on concert to another.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Setlist

INTRO

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Sorry

4tus solo (James Bond)

Live and Let Die

Estranged

Rocket Queen

This I Love

Better

Band Introductions

Dizzy Solo (Baba O'riley)

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Dj Solo (Mi Armor)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Jam (another brick)

November Rain

That picture of the setlist we saw in Rio (the one with 30+ songs) has me excited anyway, if OMG and Going Down were there I'm sure it means they'll play those songs eventually. Maybe not tonight, maybe not this month, but if they really rehearsed the songs I see no reason why they wouldn't play them at least once...

Yea, most bands have the same set list they play every show. That's why there is a set list. Some bands change it up from time to time, but there can't be many that play a totally different set every show.

Pearl Jam :thumbsup:

Springsteen too. Definitely fun, but not the right model for every band.

Yea, most bands have the same set list they play every show. That's why there is a set list. Some bands change it up from time to time, but there can't be many that play a totally different set every show.

Pearl Jam :thumbsup:

Springsteen too. Definitely fun, but not the right model for every band.

The entire Guns catalog is, what, 65-70 songs? A lot of which most people don't really care about?

Axl is doing a good thing, playing the songs that people are paying to hear.

Dont Cry

Setlist

INTRO

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Sorry

4tus solo (James Bond)

Live and Let Die

Estranged

Rocket Queen

This I Love

Better

Band Introductions

Dizzy Solo (Baba O'riley)

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Dj Solo (Mi Armor)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Jam (another brick)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther)

Dont Cry

Edited by gunns5

Solid set list so far. Of course I'm sure we'd all like to see more CD songs in the set at the very least, if not something new. People have to remember though that for the people AT the shows the set list is indeed a surprise. They don't follow every show like we do. Lots of bands play the same or a similar set every night on a tour. You could pick ten shows in a row from 1992 and see every show opens with Nightrain then Brownstone, and that some are shorter than others. Had this forum been around back then, it'd no doubt be the same complaining. The Internet has certainly changed the way concerts are looked at.

I like the current setlists, but I have to say that back in 92-93 they changed the setlist a lot more. For starters, the opening song could be It's So Easy, Nightrain, WTTJ, they even opened with YCBM once!

But as I said, I like the current setlists and don't really care that they only change 1 or 2 songs from on concert to another.

This. A static setlist really doesn't bother me. Even seeing Maiden 7 times on a single leg of a tour with a static setlist, I'm fine with that. I go to see a band multiple times because they're great live, not to hear any particular song(s). I'm happy they even rotate the order of the setlist, that's cool enough for me.

You're right, I was just using that as example. They did changed it up quite a bit on the early 2010 shows. Following the usual openers (CD, Jungle, Easy and Brownstone) the set list was pretty well anyones guess until the encore. Some songs became easy to guess (like obviously Sweet Child follows DJ's solo). It was the same thing with the Illusions tour. That set was more regularly mixed up but the same level of uncertainty went into the shows - you never knew if Axl would even show up, what kind of mood he would be in, and how long the band would play. Some shows lasted three hours and some less than two. I guess what I'm trying to say is not much has changed, the Internet just makes it easier to nitpick. ;)

That picture of the setlist we saw in Rio (the one with 30+ songs) has me excited anyway, if OMG and Going Down were there I'm sure it means they'll play those songs eventually. Maybe not tonight, maybe not this month, but if they really rehearsed the songs I see no reason why they wouldn't play them at least once...

Perhaps "set list" isn't even a good term for it, but more of a "song list" so to speak. I don't believe that was ever intended to be Rio's set list, but since GNR makes the set as they go, they had to give SOMETHING to the Rio crew. The latter half of it just didn't make sense for a finished and revised set list. That's more than likely just the list of songs that has been rehearsed for this tour, and they can pick and choose as they go. I bet we'll see more thrown in as we go. For example, "Riff Raff" didn't make an appearance at Rio but did the following show. It's still early in the tour, we have lots of shows and lots of time!

Perhaps "set list" isn't even a good term for it, but more of a "song list" so to speak. I don't believe that was ever intended to be Rio's set list, but since GNR makes the set as they go, they had to give SOMETHING to the Rio crew. The latter half of it just didn't make sense for a finished and revised set list. That's more than likely just the list of songs that has been rehearsed for this tour, and they can pick and choose as they go. I bet we'll see more thrown in as we go. For example, "Riff Raff" didn't make an appearance at Rio but did the following show. It's still early in the tour, we have lots of shows and lots of time!

I agree, "song list" is better. When I saw that picture on a Brazilian website I knew it wouldn't be the setlist for the RIR show specially because there were 8 or 9 songs after Paradise City, I figured they would choose songs from that list and play a 2 or 2.5-hour set. But still, I'm thrilled by the idea of hearing Oh My God on this tour! :D