Guns N' Roses: 28th October Orlando, Florida, USA @ Amway Center UPDATE Thread

Guest Gunns

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, American reviewers suck ass , seriously fuck em, here is another review from orlando weekly

axl5.jpg

He plays piano as listlessly as a hotel-lobby hired hand; he has a double chin and a handlebar moustache now; he sings as if a dying pelican is lodged in his larynx; he’s still pulling the middle-of-tomorrow start times and he’s still liable to either cancel a show or walk out at the slightest provocation, then, via the band’s publicist, have the gall to claim that he “would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially their fans” when, if anything, that’s kind of Guns N’ Roses’ modus operandi (see: their entire career). We still love Axl Rose despite, and perhaps because of, his faults. We don’t expect a technically peerless show or even a vaguely cohesive song from Liza Minnelli or Lauryn Hill, so why, a quarter-century after his peak, do we still throw water bottles (or in some cases straight-up riot) when Rose and his backup band, none of whom are named Slash, Izzy, Duff or even Gilby, fail to live up to 1987 standards? Because it’s fun. It’s also super expensive, so pick up a tour shirt for us if there’s looting, won’t you? – Justin Strout

http://blogs.orlandoweekly.com/index.php/2011/10/selection-reminder-guns-n-roses-rock-amway-center/

God, American reviewers suck ass , seriously fuck em, here is another review from orlando weekly

axl5.jpg

He plays piano as listlessly as a hotel-lobby hired hand; he has a double chin and a handlebar moustache now; he sings as if a dying pelican is lodged in his larynx; he’s still pulling the middle-of-tomorrow start times and he’s still liable to either cancel a show or walk out at the slightest provocation, then, via the band’s publicist, have the gall to claim that he “would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially their fans” when, if anything, that’s kind of Guns N’ Roses’ modus operandi (see: their entire career). We still love Axl Rose despite, and perhaps because of, his faults. We don’t expect a technically peerless show or even a vaguely cohesive song from Liza Minnelli or Lauryn Hill, so why, a quarter-century after his peak, do we still throw water bottles (or in some cases straight-up riot) when Rose and his backup band, none of whom are named Slash, Izzy, Duff or even Gilby, fail to live up to 1987 standards? Because it’s fun. It’s also super expensive, so pick up a tour shirt for us if there’s looting, won’t you? – Justin Strout

http://blogs.orlandoweekly.com/index.php/2011/10/selection-reminder-guns-n-roses-rock-amway-center/

I perceive this as written before the show. Am I wrong?

axl5.jpg

well it was posted today, so unless they wrote it before hand, I'd say its just some asshole that holds a grudge.

It looks like the US tour got off on a good start.

"It's as if thousands of naysayers cried out and were suddenly silenced"

Good thing I was never a naysayer.

This. Guess I'm just an axhole...but wait, I never hated Slash. Is it possible to like and believe in both of these grown ass men who both make stellar music? I am officially a slaxhole

Edited by GnRDuff1

axl5.jpg

well it was posted today, so unless they wrote it before hand, I'd say its just some asshole that holds a grudge.

Weird. He says nothing about the show, the stuff he brings up are general or previous events, and says the show is superexpensive so "pick up a tour shirt for us if...".

Why the fuck is Ron helping move pianos? His neck is already fucked and I would rather have them skip November Rain completely than have him injure himself too bad to play. Let the grunts handle that shit, there is such a thing as being too nice.

He was there and it was caught on something so he just gave it a shove.

The US was not toured in 2009/2010 because of its poor reception of CD (it was the end of the CD tour), methinks. But now with the new Greatest Hits tour US is being toured (Axl probably wanted to tour the US but couldn't with CD because of it's poor US sales). With a GH tour it is only natural that less songs from CD is played.

The US was not toured in 2009/2010 because of its poor reception of CD (it was the end of the CD tour), methinks. But now with the new Greatest Hits tour US is being toured (Axl probably wanted to tour the US but couldn't with CD because of it's poor US sales). With a GH tour it is only natural that less songs from CD is played.

Yes, that makes sense. Still hoping for Civil War though. THAT would be a success!

Chariman Mao and The Hand wouldn't be on stage if this was a Greatest Hits Tour. This is the promoters not wanting to call it a Chinese Democracy Tour, which is horseshit, in my opinion.

Jungle sounded kick ass. I can't wait to hear some more songs from this show.

Edited by ITW 2012