Axl and Dj on That Metal Show

Spirit

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said they did an one hour interview with Axl and Dj.. The program itself is standard 42 minutes I think (1 hour including commercials).

If they edit the show to include Dizzy and Bumblefoot interviews, as well as happenings around the concert itself, some of the Axl interview will get cut from the show. If so, I hope they're kind enough to release an uncut version of the whole thing on the web.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

It's great that Dizzy got in there lol

It’s not – does anybody else recall his practical destruction of the Abu Dhabi promo? Keep him voiceless.

It's great that Dizzy got in there lol

It’s not – does anybody else recall his practical destruction of the Abu Dhabi promo? Keep him voiceless.

This. Not too mention his 2005 interview where he basically said nothing on the status or the process of the record...

I can't wait for this interview. This is history in the making! I mean how long has it been since Axl Rose has given an interview to anyone in the past 10 years or so?

I think this is going to be as good as the concert.

I really hope Axl talks about important things like the tour and what he's been up to and if there will ever be another GNR record.

I really hope Eddie doesn't ask him about a GNR reunion, but I bet he was talked to about the no no questions. Most bands have certain things they won't talk about. I"m sure they also have their lawyers present too.

I can't wait for this interview. This is history in the making! I mean how long has it been since Axl Rose has given an interview to anyone in the past 10 years or so?

I really hope Axl talks about important things like the tour and what he's been up to and if there will ever be another GNR record.

I really hope Eddie doesn't ask him about a GNR reunion, but I bet he was talked to about the no no questions. Most bands have certain things they won't talk about. I"m sure they also have their lawyers present too.

From Eddie's twitter, it seems like they covered a lot of stuff. When it comes to the reunion question, I'm sure they touched it when talking about the RNR HOF.

From Eddie's twitter, it seems like they covered a lot of stuff. When it comes to the reunion question, I'm sure they touched it when talking about the RNR HOF.

Actually, I would love to hear Axl's answer to a reunion question. This way we would finally truly know if there's a chance? Duff says he can see it and Steven too. Slash of course wants apoligies from Axl and unless Axl's gets dementia and forgets why he hates Slash, I don't see that happening. I say never say never, since a lot of bands have gotten back together that have hated each other too, so you never know?

I"ve given up and as long as Axl is leading GNR, that's fine with me.

Actually, I would love to hear Axl's answer to a reunion question. This way we would finally truly know if there's a chance? Duff says he can see it and Steven too. Slash of course wants apoligies from Axl and unless Axl's gets dementia and forgets why he hates Slash, I don't see that happening. I say never say never, since a lot of bands have gotten back together that have hated each other too, so you never know?

I"ve given up and as long as Axl is leading GNR, that's fine with me.

I keep hearing that ''Slash wants an apology'', if that was true then he also would've made a big deal out of the cancer comment. But he said he UNDERSTANDS where it's coming from and that he doesn't blame Axl calling him that.

:shrugs:

I don't even want a reunion anymore. I've seen GN'R a few times between 2006-2010, I've seen Loaded and Slash with Myles.

The energy that GN'R has on stage shits on the other 2 band, no matter how good they play.

I want the show to be fun and energetic.

Edited by UcudBmineCD

willtobeweird

@eddietrunk can we get an unedited version of the axl interview, like THE FULL HOUR with no interuptions/breaks etc sometime?

EddieTrunk

@willtobeweird VH1 owns the show and makes all decisions! Once I'm done with the shoot it's all in their hands.

Hmm... if a lot of it is edited away, looks like we'll have to direct our petition towards VH1.

Well, the episode isn't even out yet, so we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure most of it will be the Axl/Dj interview anyway.

Edited by spirit83

Well, the episode isn't even out yet, so we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure most of it will be the Axl/Dj interview anyway.

Yes, sure, right after they spend 12 minutes debating who to put first between Geezer Butler and Steve Harris in the "Top 5 Most Evil Bassist Ever" list.

:rolleyes:

That wait aside, this is amazing news. Who did Axl's last real on camera interview, Kurt Loder in 91 outside his house? Has there been one since the infamous 'couch interview" on UYI tour, also by Loder? I mean this is really great and amazing stuff folks.

Yes, sure, right after they spend 12 minutes debating who to put first between Geezer Butler and Steve Harris in the "Top 5 Most Evil Bassist Ever" list.

I have a feeling this episode will be stripped of the usual segments. The interview wasn't done with a studio audience, so I don't think they'll do the Top 5 for instance.. The audience sort of plays a big part in it. Stump the Trunk would be impossible...

It'll be a TMS "on the road" sort of thing I think.

I have a feeling this episode will be stripped of the usual segments. The interview wasn't done with a studio audience, so I don't think they'll do the Top 5 for instance.. The audience sort of plays a big part in it. Stump the Trunk would be impossible...

It'll be a TMS "on the road" sort of thing I think.

I agree, actually, and based on the fact it looked like a makeshift set at the arena, no audience is also a safe bet. (The occasional chuckling cameramen and roadie aside) It's basically going to be an hour of Axl, and what else would ya do with Axl on.

This is the pinnacle for Trunk and the show. No one is more illusive and camera shy than Axl, and absolutely impossible to book for such an event. I mean the one thought we all had when we saw TMS was "yeah, one day Axl might go on, ... yeah right!". Once this is over who can top this? Jimmy Page is all that is coming to mind, and that's as unlikely as.... AXL!