Axl and Dj on That Metal Show

Spirit

I've never liked Patience live simply because I hate the way he changes, "But I can't speed up the time." It's always bothered me.

The rest of the song is great live, but that part can sometimes bother me so much that I can't enjoy the song.

Eh? It's supposed to be "I can't speed all the time" isn't it? Are you saying he changes it to what you said? Can't say I've ever noticed.

Ugh another misheard Patience lyric? xD I'm 99% sure it's speed UP the time. All the time doesn't make sense.

But anyway, to clarify my post, I don't like the way he sings that line. I prefer the laid back approach in the studio. ;)

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never liked Patience live simply because I hate the way he changes, "But I can't speed up the time." It's always bothered me.

The rest of the song is great live, but that part can sometimes bother me so much that I can't enjoy the song.

Same with me and "lights are shinin' bright" to "lights they shine soooo briyiyiiiiight"...sometimes I love that but usually it gets to me

And what's the deal with the whole "Whuh uh whuh oh yeah yeah now take mehh down uh to the paradise city" thing Axl started doing on Paradise City this year? Anyone else know what I'm talkin' about?

Yes! I thought it was out of place and it just sounds ....... weak.

Same with me and "lights are shinin' bright" to "lights they shine soooo briyiyiiiiight"...sometimes I love that but usually it gets to me

Ugh that part bothers me, too. I LOVE the studio version of it (one of my favorite moments in the song), but live...

He uses this same voice in the studio version of Bad Obsession, yet he abandoned it live. This is why live Bad Obsession > studio Bad Obsession.

And what's the deal with the whole "Whuh uh whuh oh yeah yeah now take mehh down uh to the paradise city" thing Axl started doing on Paradise City this year? Anyone else know what I'm talkin' about?

He started doing it at some point at the beginning of the 2010 tour...I like it...his vocal gimmicks are always fun...my favorites are the ones he's added to heaven's door...it sounds stupid when you write it but it's when he goes wo-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-yea-yeah...and then yea-yea-yea-yeah....with the rasp n' all those are amazing...I really enjoy the audience participation part of Heaven's door..it's one of those thing I listen to on a daily basis...my favorite performances are probably from the end of the European tour in '10...Prague, Paris, Arhem, London...those are all vocally awesome shows

Eh? It's supposed to be "I can't speed all the time" isn't it? Are you saying he changes it to what you said? Can't say I've ever noticed.

Ugh another misheard Patience lyric? xD I'm 99% sure it's speed UP the time. All the time doesn't make sense.

But anyway, to clarify my post, I don't like the way he sings that line. I prefer the laid back approach in the studio. ;)

Technically, 'I can't speed ALL the time' could make sense...but it's not the right line.

Technically, 'I can't speed ALL the time' could make sense...but it's not the right line.

or 'I can't do speed all the time..' duff would've liked it since he came up with the initial lyrics which were like...I sit here doing drugs, reading a book about slugs, all I need is a little patience.... he said that he's happy that that lyric didn't make out of that room...and I agree

It makes sense as a standalone lyric, but not in context with the song...

TMS host Eddie Trunk reports that during the interview, which included guitarist DJ Ashba, he asked Axl about the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame situation (band is eligible and nominated; we’ll know mid-December whether or not they get in); new music, his lateness, this lineup, playing with Duff McKagan (Axl said Loaded will open some shows), and more.

http://www.hennemusic.com/2011/10/axl-rose-tapes-hour-long-interview-with.html

He started doing it at some point at the beginning of the 2010 tour...I like it...his vocal gimmicks are always fun...my favorites are the ones he's added to heaven's door...it sounds stupid when you write it but it's when he goes wo-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-yea-yeah...and then yea-yea-yea-yeah....with the rasp n' all those are amazing...I really enjoy the audience participation part of Heaven's door..it's one of those thing I listen to on a daily basis...my favorite performances are probably from the end of the European tour in '10...Prague, Paris, Arhem, London...those are all vocally awesome shows

I don't know when he started doing it, but he also did it in 2002.

TMS host Eddie Trunk reports that during the interview, which included guitarist DJ Ashba, he asked Axl about the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame situation (band is eligible and nominated; we’ll know mid-December whether or not they get in); new music, his lateness, this lineup, playing with Duff McKagan (Axl said Loaded will open some shows), and more.

That's great. Duff and Axl getting together! That's all I fuckin' care about!

That's great. Duff and Axl getting together! That's all I fuckin' care about!

You know they did last year, right?

Axl isn't going to announce something major on this show. It'll just be a little interview with some information and clarity on some issues that we all are wondering about. Don't expect it to be insane.

It'd be insane if Axl talked about tofu the whole time.

Axl isn't going to announce something major on this show. It'll just be a little interview with some information and clarity on some issues that we all are wondering about. Don't expect it to be insane.

It'd be insane if Axl talked about tofu the whole time.

"I just can't stress that enough .. I truly, dearly, love tofu.. and that's something that's never gonna change"

What's with all these fans who don't even know the lyrics to the songs?

This show will air at night on 11/11, it's actually on at 12AM though. Why the hell is this show on so late? I mean I'll be up, but it seems like a show that should be on at like 5 or 8. The guide information does say "Axl Rose" though.

:thumbsup: