A three-hour tour

GnR Chris

Pearl Jam have done 4 hour shows at times. Great thing aboot them is that their setlist is different every night.

Fuck yes! Each show I've seen was 2,5 hours or more, plus it wasa whole lot different every night. Aaaand, no solo spots inbetween songs. :shrugs:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every band I've seen has played between 80 to 90 minutes. That runs the gamut from (a few off the top of my head) Bon Jovi, Poison, Death Cab, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Scorpions and many more.

People complain about the high ticket prices (and I did too), but you know what? I paid $100 to see U2 in 2005 and they only played for probably around 90 minutes. Even at the $50 I paid to see Bon Jovi, they played 90 minutes. That's around half as long as Gn'R for half the price.

You must've been unlucky. U2, and Bon Jovi all play well over 2 hours every show, with Bon Jovi topping them playing well over 2,5 hours on their last European tour. And that's without 15 guitar/drum/piano/banjo/bongo solo's. Whether you like Bon Jovi or not is out of the question here, they do deliver, as do U2. As for other acts that play close to 3 hours on a tour...McCartney, Rush, Dream Theater, Pearl Jam...

My parents saw Bon Jovi this summer and my dad was impressed by the fact that they played a 3 hour show. (exactly 3 hours btw)

I just have to voice the obvious yet not said opinion here;

3 hour rock shows just don't work.

Even though you might make yourself believe they do. the fact of the matter is that it really doesn't matter if you are pub band out on your first 10 shows or you are GNR, everything after the first 35 minutes, which in and of themselves should be great through and through, begs for an actual justification.

It requires a truely masterful showmanship and great songs to carry a show to an old albums length of 45 minutes. Very rarely have I seen shows that have been really good through and through that have lasted longer than that. 60 minutes is an absolute maximum from one troupe for me, usually. Maybe with my utmost favorites I can stomach a 90 minute thing, but that is really stretching it.

3 hours. it just screams "no!!!!" to me.

Meh meh meh I'm to old to stand up for more than 20 minutes and I have to take a piss everytime I take a sip of my tea.

Sorry gramps.

RADOMSKO, Poland -- Alex Carlin performed 500 songs, including the entire Beatles catalogue, in a 32 hours-long show took place at the Pub Bourbon Street - setting the new world record for the Longest Concert by a Solo Artist :rofl-lol:

Source: http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/arts/longest_concert_by_a_solo_artist_world_record_set_by_Alex_Carlin_101600.htm

Even at the $50 I paid to see Bon Jovi, they played 90 minutes. That's around half as long as Gn'R for half the price.

You PAID to see Bon Jovi?! :shocked:

Hahaha ... just messing with you!

Bon Jovi normally do a 2.5/3 hour show. Ive seen them 8 times now, and the last two times which was at madison square garden and hyde park they played for over 3 hours. As someone else said, even if you dont like them..they do deliver.

What? You paid to see Bon Jovi 8 times!!! :shocked:

HAHHAHA ... just messing with you.

Almost every band I've seen has played between 80 to 90 minutes. That runs the gamut from (a few off the top of my head) Bon Jovi, Poison, Death Cab, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Scorpions and many more.

People complain about the high ticket prices (and I did too), but you know what? I paid $100 to see U2 in 2005 and they only played for probably around 90 minutes. Even at the $50 I paid to see Bon Jovi, they played 90 minutes. That's around half as long as Gn'R for half the price.

You must've been unlucky. U2, and Bon Jovi all play well over 2 hours every show, with Bon Jovi topping them playing well over 2,5 hours on their last European tour. And that's without 15 guitar/drum/piano/banjo/bongo solo's. Whether you like Bon Jovi or not is out of the question here, they do deliver, as do U2. As for other acts that play close to 3 hours on a tour...McCartney, Rush, Dream Theater, Pearl Jam...

I'm not sure if it's changed over here but I'd rather get a 2 hour show without the solo's than a 3 hour show without any flow whatsoever, no matter how good the quality of the solo's is. I see a show for the songs, I'm not there to see a guy prove what technical skills he has.

Perhaps unlucky, but I've seen Bon Jovi twice and both times they only played around 90 minutes. Now U2 did play Soldier Field (outdoors where the Chicago Bears play) and I believe that was a longer set. Same with Bon Jovi.