Slipknot

star

Back when Slipknot showed up, I viewed them as a gimmick, all boiler suites and masks. I did buy their first album, found it heavy, with some great songs, Wait and Bleed being the best. That was that.. I never picked up any of their music again..

Skuzz has been playing a lot of Slipknot lately, and Dead Memories is kinda good.

This London gig sounds great - Liberate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgmHP19jVQ

Edited by star

There one of the very few current AND popular bands I like. I've only got All Hope Is Gone, but I borrowed the first two albums from a friend and loved everything that I've heard. I also downloaded the demo Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. which is phenomenal and really cool for someone who can stand experimentation, which I think most of us GNR fans can live with :) Anyway, great band, with great energy, I hope that they can continue on to a recording and large scale touring extent in the future though, it's going to be hard as hell to replace Paul Grey, may he rest in peace.

I've been a fan since Iowa, but since I was so young at the time I only really knew 'Wait and Bleed' 'Eyeless' 'Spit it Out' 'My Plague' and a few other songs, then when Vol. 3 came out I went back and listened to everything. Saw them live on the 10th anniversary tour, was definitely glad they played 'Snuff', and the crazy test was one of the best things I've experienced at any concert, ever.

One of their best songs never really got a proper release until the 10th anniversary edition of the S/T album came out; Purity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SnpOeGwv7U

It (and it's real intro) was originally on the first album, but only on the first pressing I think, but they were sued by some crime website because that's where Corey read the story, and the song was replaced with 'Me Inside'.