Jack fucking White

Kid A

Which Jack White group do you prefer?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 year later...

I thought he was great in "this might get loud." Held his own with Page and completly made Edge seem irrellavant.

So... has anyone else shopped on the Rolling Record Store? I'm guessing no?

Never heard of it, but since I live in Michigan perhaps I should. Please enlighten me.

Here's an article on it:

http://pitchfork.com/news/41824-jack-whites-latest-crazy-awesome-innovation-the-third-man-rolling-record-store/

They were at UHF in Royal Oak last Saturday as part of their fall tour. My buddy picked up the Conan O'Brien Live at Third Man LP while we were there and it's freaking fantastic.

Its too bad The White Stripes are his most popular. They are very good, but nothing compared to the Raconteurs. His best rock outfit of the three. I didn't even have the patience for the Dead Weather. I wish he'd commit as much time to the Raconteurs as he did to the Stripes.

People tell me this all the time. I really need to just buy the Raconteurs LPs and dig into them.

I like very much of his solo album, Blunderbuss

I adore Blunderbuss. I dig every single song on it.

Never really got into his stuff past White Stripes, Raconteurs were pretty good. I'm all about The White Stripes though. Elephant and Get Behind Me Satan are great.

I think Satan is way under rated because it's sandwiched between Elephant and Icky Thump, but it's a great record.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Why don't you have to be a good singer in music today?

Because the parameters have been broadened and the emphasis is on expression as opposed to strange arbitrary rules.

Its too bad The White Stripes are his most popular. They are very good, but nothing compared to the Raconteurs. His best rock outfit of the three. I didn't even have the patience for the Dead Weather. I wish he'd commit as much time to the Raconteurs as he did to the Stripes.

People tell me this all the time. I really need to just buy the Raconteurs LPs and dig into them.

Their first album is great, but their second album is a stone cold classic. Everyone I know thought Consolers Of The Lonely was incredible the second they heard it all the way through for the first time.

Awesome. I fucking love that tone!

That's a great version too. Have you seen the whole movie?

Great fucking movie!!! When they all play in my time of dying, its freaking amazing!!! But my favorite part of the show is when Page shows them how to play whole lotta love. You can tell both Edge and Jack are like holy shit Jimmy's teaching us fucking whole lotta love.

Never really got into his stuff past White Stripes, Raconteurs were pretty good. I'm all about The White Stripes though. Elephant and Get Behind Me Satan are great.

I think Satan is way under rated because it's sandwiched between Elephant and Icky Thump, but it's a great record.

Little Ghost is top notch. Icky Thump is good too.

Edited by J Dog

Awesome. I fucking love that tone!

That's a great version too. Have you seen the whole movie?

Great fucking movie!!! When they all play in my time of dying, its freaking amazing!!! But my favorite part of the show is when Page shows them how to play whole lotta love. You can tell both Edge and Jack are like holy shit Jimmy's teaching us fucking whole lotta love.

I haven't watched it in a while, but I remember loving it too. One of my favorite parts was watching Jimmy Page put on the 45 for Link Wray. The look that comes over his face is the same one I get when I listen to music that I love. Then he starts playing air guitar to it. When I saw that, I thought "Look at this guy! Jimmy Page launched a billion air guitarists and now look at him doing the same thing!"

Why don't you have to be a good singer in music today?

Because the parameters have been broadened and the emphasis is on expression as opposed to strange arbitrary rules.

Yeah, I know. In itself it shouldn't be a bad change. Dylan was the catalyst. But still, I enjoy his singing, while I think Jack White is fucking awful. I guess its subjective. Just like how most of White's music bores the shit out of me. I bought one of his records and it just doesn't carry, although I liked some cuts. The Dead Weather and Raconteurs haven't really inspired me enough to hear more.

I've been called a Blues purist, which is total bullshit. I love what the Stones, Led Zeppelin, Elvis, etc. did with it. There is a Blues-based tradition in Rock that has yielded a lot of great music. Jack White and The Black Keys, however, to me are just very uninteresting. And it isn't that I dislike the messy/minimalist approach, I actually love it in an artist like Junior Kimbrough. It makes me especially sad because you'd think I would like to see heavily Blues-based music being this popular, but I just don't like it.

I can see how/why someone wouldn't like Jack's music. Funny that you mentioned the Keys too, I love a lot of Jack's stuff but I don't like anything the Keys have done.

I love his solo album, and I think "A Martyr for My Love" is the best White Stripes song.

He also plays a very good piano.

I saw him in concert last year and he did Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground with the whole band but he was on piano instead of guitar. It was an awesome and completely different take on the song.

Jack White is brilliant. He was boss on that awards show performance last year but it was overshadowed by trash.

He really was the highlight of the Grammy's hands down last year. A lot of people sent me texts right after his performance saying they were blown away and it was easily the best of the night.