Screenshot of topics from a few weeks ago..

TurboSupra

Well, to be fair, RIR was one of the worst vocal performance I've ever heard by any singer so...

Considering the anticipation by most fans for this show, considering the incredible missed opportunity it was, and considering how bad the show was, it's only normal that you'd get these reactions...

Personally I thought it was an insult for his bandmates.

I thought it was a huge missed opportunity on his part but I know what he's capable of and been doing for months through 2010, axl's always been unpredictable like that and sometimes you get the wrong end of the stick, but there was the various factors of the show and he didn't seem in a happy frame of mind but I still enjoyed it, if he'd been on that form for an extended amount of time i'd be a bit pissed but it's in reality one show where he's obviously not in the best shape, I can take it or leave it though. I wasn't there so I can't be whining about anything, and if i WERE there i'd have a great time regardless and hope I catch a better performance next time, it's like sport though, it's form and circumstance.

To say Axl needs replacing though is just a hilarious over-reaction :lol:

Edited by RandallFlagg

Well, to be fair, RIR was one of the worst vocal performance I've ever heard by any singer so...

Considering the anticipation by most fans for this show, considering the incredible missed opportunity it was, and considering how bad the show was, it's only normal that you'd get these reactions...

Sly Stone at Coachella, Vince Neil has plenty of off shows. Billy and Elton had some crappy nights. I can list plenty. There's plenty of people who shouldn't be singing anymore.

I blame the You Tube mix even though it was a rusty as hell show (calling it "Rusty In Rio 2011" from now on) to begin with. It wasn't a firing on all cylinders show, but it only matters to the people who were there at the show, not the people watching at home, whether or not it was worth the wait to see them.

Edited by dalsh327

I still think other than November Rain he was better vocally than 90% of the bootlegs from 2002.

I still think other than November Rain he was better vocally than 90% of the bootlegs from 2002.

I second that.

2s9679x.jpg

To the haters, shame on you. To fellow true fans, I'll be having a blast tomorrow in Hartford and on Wednesday in Albany!

Save it (which I guess you did in hopes of proving something later on).

People were justified in their concerns after a pretty awful Rio performance, which was their first show in nearly a year.

Axl's voice was bad, he didn't know the words to any of his songs, he was out of shape, and the rain plus late start definitely made things worse.

Fan doesn't mean blind worshipper.

Edited by GnR Chris