Bumblefoot pain and drugs

bumblecool

First of all, I've never had a twitter account. Why? If I have something to say about my life, it's not going public, much less the world. I'll talk to my friends or family if I have something to talk about. End of story. Secondly, anyone that does 'tweet', or follow anyone on such media, needs to get a life. Why? That person apparently has TOO MUCH TIME on their hands and isn't productive enough in their own lives to even consider something like 'Twitter' a mere afterthought.

The folks who 'tweet' crap like this apparently are in need of attention. 90% of the time, whatever they're 'tweeting', isn't even necessarily true. It's just a matter of trying to get attention.

In Bumble's case, he's doing just that. Trying to get attention. Why? MARKETING 101.

The more of you idiots that profess profound sympathy for the dude, the more of a chance Rolling Stone or some outlet like that, with credibility, picks up on the story and reports it. Which, ultimately, provides an outlet for the person 'tweeting', to get publicity and thus, promote the brand. In this case, the brand is 'BUMBLEFOOT'.

I love the guy, but the teenaged 'tweets' about being in pain or whatever are merely reaching for publicity.

Ron Thal isn't going anywhere. The payday he's getting being a part of GNR is a hundred fold over anything he'd be doing on his own.

If anyone can prove otherwise, please respond in kind.

Otherwise, stop being so naive.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I think Ron is fucking around too. He has a warped sense of humor. I'm sure he's in pain, but there is no way he is contemplating suicide. I don't agree with Sunny (As usual.) that his heart isn't in it though, he wouldn't have lasted this long without being dedicated.

First of all, I've never had a twitter account. Why? If I have something to say about my life, it's not going public, much less the world. I'll talk to my friends or family if I have something to talk about. End of story. Secondly, anyone that does 'tweet', or follow anyone on such media, needs to get a life. Why? That person apparently has TOO MUCH TIME on their hands and isn't productive enough in their own lives to even consider something like 'Twitter' a mere afterthought.

Umm,are you fucking serious? If people weren't responding to tweets or facebook posts,social networks in general wouldn't exist.Oh,and isn't this a "forum"?? Yeah,thought so.Keep your lame ass opinions to yourself. End Of Story.

The folks who 'tweet' crap like this apparently are in need of attention. 90% of the time, whatever they're 'tweeting', isn't even necessarily true. It's just a matter of trying to get attention.

In Bumble's case, he's doing just that. Trying to get attention. Why? MARKETING 101.

The more of you idiots that profess profound sympathy for the dude, the more of a chance Rolling Stone or some outlet like that, with credibility, picks up on the story and reports it. Which, ultimately, provides an outlet for the person 'tweeting', to get publicity and thus, promote the brand. In this case, the brand is 'BUMBLEFOOT'.

I love the guy, but the teenaged 'tweets' about being in pain or whatever are merely reaching for publicity.

Ron Thal isn't going anywhere. The payday he's getting being a part of GNR is a hundred fold over anything he'd be doing on his own.

Bumblefoot is not Matt Hardy.

This is without a doubt one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

Considering the people who post here...that is one dumb fucking post.

Bumblefoot is not Matt Hardy.

Matt Hardy, good one! :tongue2:

Joking about ending it all isn't a joke, it's immature.

He didn't say he was going to end it all, it's all been taken out of context.

Soon he will be on stage & playing as always, hope he manages the pain well 'cos he will hurt more after 3hrs of being onstage :unsure:

Joking about ending it all isn't a joke, it's immature.

It could be a side effect of the medication mixed with the pain. Unfortunately it is not uncommon for people who are in alot of chronic pain to become addicted to painkillers. Most prescription pain meds include Norco which is a narcotic, the body can easily develop a tolerance and dependence. Alot of my criticallly patients get physically addicted to the painkillers and antianxiety drugs that we give to them to keep them from fighting the life support measures like ventilators and such. After 7-10 days a physiological dependence occurs and when they recover they have to be on methadone and ativan to get off the morphine and versed. I wish Ron well and I hope that Beta and the band check in with him. We love you Ron. I don't have twitter so please somebody send him a get better wish from me. Thankyou.

If he is taking drugs like Vicodin, Percocet, Tylenol# 3 (w/Codeine) or another pain killer for this tour (months). In my opinion, he should consider go to rehab or to a health professional. Seriously I'm PharmD and I know what I'm talking about.

Edited by gunnerpr

If he is taking drugs like Vicodin, Percocet, Tylenol# 3 (w/Codeine) or another pain killer for this tour (months). In my opinion, he should consider go to rehab or to a health professional. Seriously I'm PharmD and I know what I'm talking about.

It won't hurt to take them for the pain for a short while though, he is a grown man after all and can make his own decisions.

If things were that bad he wouldn't be going on stage shortly, I'm sure if he hurts too much he will see a Dr.

Judging by the band's past experience with drug use, Bumblefoot taking prescribed medicine is pretty damn mild. It sounds to me he just wants to avoid taking them all the time because it makes him feel funky. Tour doesn't have that long to go. Hope he hangs in there. Unless they can get Bucket to play a show or two I don't think he will get a break.

Guys some of your messages are a bit much about meds.

Ron is taking Advil for pain, that is ok.

He is not on the other meds you described, not sure why maybe like me he does not like them?

He is depressed, someone with intense daily pain gets depressed, it is normal yet scary for the ones who love you. It is also scary for the victim, because they are trying to be the person they once were. I went through similier feelings in my life after my injuries, I still do from time to time. It makes it hard to enjoy what you used to enjoy, that is where depression grabs you.

You all think he is some big rock star that is one side, rock stars like you and I fell pain, and feel depressed the very same way.

Don't assume you know what he is doing or taking, he is depressed and is talking about it, I think that is a good thing.

He is NOT on stage for the $$$ as some of you think, he is up there for YOU

Edited by gunsguy

Guest ben9785

Some of the comments about medication may be a bit too serious, but aside from that I don't see anything wrong with people posting concerns and sending encouragement to Ron, regardless of how the message was interpreted, or intended.

Edited by ben9785

Guys some of your messages are a bit much about meds.

Ron is taking Advil for pain, that is ok.

He is not on the other meds you described, not sure why maybe like me he does not like them?

He is depressed, someone with intense daily pain gets depressed, it is normal yet scary for the ones who love you. It is also scary for the victim, because they are trying to be the person they once were. I went through similier feelings in my life after my injuries, I still do from time to time. It makes it hard to enjoy what you used to enjoy, that is where depression grabs you.

You all think he is some big rock star that is one side, rock stars like you and I fell pain, and feel depressed the very same way.

Don't assume you know what he is doing or taking, he is depressed and is talking about it, I think that is a good thing.

He is NOT on stage for the $$$ as some of you think, he is up there for YOU

Well said.

For the record, Advil works wonders.

Some of the comments about medication may be a bit too deep but aside from that I don't see anything wrong with people posting concerns and sending encouragement to Ron, regardless of the context understood or intended.

Absolutly I think reaching out to him is a good thing. Just let's not pretend we know what he is taking :)

Guest ben9785

Some of the comments about medication may be a bit too deep but aside from that I don't see anything wrong with people posting concerns and sending encouragement to Ron, regardless of the context understood or intended.

Absolutly I think reaching out to him is a good thing. Just let's not pretend we know what he is taking :)

Yeah, well that's his personal business. Even if I had studied medicine and the like, I wouldn't talk about it.