Bumblefoot pain and drugs

bumblecool

First of all, I've never had a twitter account. Why? If I have something to say about my life, it's not going public, much less the world. I'll talk to my friends or family if I have something to talk about. End of story. Secondly, anyone that does 'tweet', or follow anyone on such media, needs to get a life. Why? That person apparently has TOO MUCH TIME on their hands and isn't productive enough in their own lives to even consider something like 'Twitter' a mere afterthought.

The folks who 'tweet' crap like this apparently are in need of attention. 90% of the time, whatever they're 'tweeting', isn't even necessarily true. It's just a matter of trying to get attention.

In Bumble's case, he's doing just that. Trying to get attention. Why? MARKETING 101.

The more of you idiots that profess profound sympathy for the dude, the more of a chance Rolling Stone or some outlet like that, with credibility, picks up on the story and reports it. Which, ultimately, provides an outlet for the person 'tweeting', to get publicity and thus, promote the brand. In this case, the brand is 'BUMBLEFOOT'.

I love the guy, but the teenaged 'tweets' about being in pain or whatever are merely reaching for publicity.

Ron Thal isn't going anywhere. The payday he's getting being a part of GNR is a hundred fold over anything he'd be doing on his own.

If anyone can prove otherwise, please respond in kind.

Otherwise, stop being so naive.

I'm sorry but you are officially MYGNR's biggest MORON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY MESSED UP VIEWS. Maybe you have been cheated on in life so makes you so very bitter and mislead

Not a moron dude, just telling you how it is. When people reach out for attention via means of Facebook and Twitter, especially seeking sympathy, it's pretty pathetic. Especially a dude that should just suck it up or bail if it's that bad. It's VERY obvious it's a grab at attention and publicity.

And don't dilute your brain into thinking that the majority of the guys in GNR right now are there for any other reason than a payday. They're all session musicians, basically, and GNR is the best thing going for them all. I like to think a few of them are actually in it now to prove a point and honestly put out an original album with some mainstream success. Might be their only shot at relevance in the entertainment business with sustainable royalties so they can retire nicely.

My opinion might make me a moron in your book, but it sounds like your brain makes you naive.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I've never had a twitter account. Why? If I have something to say about my life, it's not going public, much less the world. I'll talk to my friends or family if I have something to talk about. End of story. Secondly, anyone that does 'tweet', or follow anyone on such media, needs to get a life. Why? That person apparently has TOO MUCH TIME on their hands and isn't productive enough in their own lives to even consider something like 'Twitter' a mere afterthought.

The folks who 'tweet' crap like this apparently are in need of attention. 90% of the time, whatever they're 'tweeting', isn't even necessarily true. It's just a matter of trying to get attention.

In Bumble's case, he's doing just that. Trying to get attention. Why? MARKETING 101.

The more of you idiots that profess profound sympathy for the dude, the more of a chance Rolling Stone or some outlet like that, with credibility, picks up on the story and reports it. Which, ultimately, provides an outlet for the person 'tweeting', to get publicity and thus, promote the brand. In this case, the brand is 'BUMBLEFOOT'.

I love the guy, but the teenaged 'tweets' about being in pain or whatever are merely reaching for publicity.

Ron Thal isn't going anywhere. The payday he's getting being a part of GNR is a hundred fold over anything he'd be doing on his own.

I'm sorry but you are officially MYGNR's biggest MORON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY MESSED UP VIEWS. Maybe you have been cheated on in life so makes you so very bitter and mislead

Not a moron dude, just telling you how it is. When people reach out for attention via means of Facebook and Twitter, especially seeking sympathy, it's pretty pathetic. Especially a dude that should just suck it up or bail if it's that bad. It's VERY obvious it's a grab at attention and publicity.

And don't dilute your brain into thinking that the majority of the guys in GNR right now are there for any other reason than a payday. They're all session musicians, basically, and GNR is the best thing going for them all. I like to think a few of them are actually in it now to prove a point and honestly put out an original album with some mainstream success. Might be their only shot at relevance in the entertainment business with sustainable royalties so they can retire nicely.

My opinion might make me a moron in your book, but it sounds like your brain makes you naive.

You're an idiot. And not just because of what you said about Ron - who, Im sure, you dont even know at all - but your general point about everything regarding social media. All of this while you're posting in a message board, which is nothinh but another kind of social network.

Dont try to act like your misconceptions are facts. Youre the one trying to get attention acting like you need to tell us "how it is".

he has a sense of humor, would not surprise me if he is talking about cutting his beard when he talks about "quitting this" "alone contemplating" "Was gonna finally do it and the stuff I need is missing from my luggage."

Ron does not seem like the type that would kill himself, or announce it on facebook

this

Twitter is one of the best and most popular methods of communication used by musicians, athletes, celebrities, etc to distribute information and interact with fans. It enables them to bypass the media, which is a damn good thing. You are extremely naive to believe Twitter's sole purpose is for the average joe to reveal personal information about themself. I've never had a Facebook or MySpace account, and I probably never will. But I have a Twitter account, and if anything it SAVES me time - it doesn't waste my time.

As for Bumble, it's not up to us to "prove" that he isn't faking anything. YOU are the one making accusations, therefore the burden of proof is on YOU. That's how it works in this great country, innocent until proven guilty. One thing you need to learn in life is that when you make accusations you damn well better have something solid to back it up, otherwise keep your baseless speculation to yourself. I would never, ever accuse anyone of faking injury or illness. I've said this many times before, the best word to describe Bumble is genuine. If he's seeking our support that means he needs it, only a hater would refuse to give it to him. Your comment about "loving the guy" is anything but genuine.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Bumblefoot isn’t some moron with 25 councillors, spiritual advisers and psychologists – what’s the problem with a sincere and genuine person expressing their thoughts and worries to the fans (who are supposed to care)?

Bumblefoot isn’t a complainer; when’s he expressing concerns it’s safe to assume serious problem.

For goodness sake be very quiet !!!!!!!!! you are a real bore :sleeper:

Can't begin to express on how ridiculous you are.

I have known Ron for the last ten years and I think some of you have very big misconceptions about him.

He's the kind of guy that constantly reaches out because he CARES, not because he has something to sell...

Back in 2004 I was in a very dark place and his forum was a very cool place at the time. It wasn't an impersonal thing invaded by GnR fans harrassing him. Most members knew each other very well.

He took the time to write me something about my situation ( depression ), since he had just been in the same place before, something very personal. He didn't have to but he just did because he actually cares.

When I first met him in 2002 during his French tour, he was touring with a very heavy flu and was on the verge of ODing on medication every night. He still gave us a two hours show, and took the time to hang with the audience anyway.

He's the guy who sent me a link to download some, at the time, unreleased Outkast cover album of his just because I had sent him a Merry Christmas message...

I don't think we're naive...If anything HE'S naive for thinking he can still behave like he used to now that he's in GnR but I love him for that. He's always been a class act to me and if you think he's faking that shit, sorry but he isn't.

He has considered quitting music for good in the past, back in 2002 ( I don't know how much it had to do with 9.11 but he was starting to feel like being a musician was pointless, he went into a depression, had to take medication etc... ) and now it's the same thing for different reasons.

You guys should support him because he's a very genuine person. Maybe you think he's goofy and sometimes inappropriate but at least he isn't pretending to be someone he's not.

Bumblefoot is the man! That's cool to hear from the perspective of someone who knew him/knew his stuff long before Guns.

I really don't know what to make of the Tweets/Facebook stuff. I just hope it was a general bad day and he finds a way to get past it, even if ultimately it means taking time off. It's amazing he's made it this far in the tour. What was Rio, October 2nd? That's nearly two months of being on the road and he's done it. He deserves endless amounts of credit just for that - this guy really cares. He's out on the road with Guns because he cares about the fans. I imagine most people in his situation would have either quit the band or just sat out for the tour to heal up. Instead, he goes and does it anyways. He's a crazy guy, but that's why we love him. Rock on, Mr. Bumblefoot, and get well soon! :thumbsup:

I've had my fair share of morphine and pethidine for medical reasons, and I can tell you that stuff really messes you up.

When I saw the TMS footage I immediatly saw he was on painkillers. They're terrific for the pain, but just crap for your way of life.

I wish the guy all the best, hope he recovers sooner than later. From what I've seen on the screen he seems like a genuine guy, and I respect him because of that.

Just to be clear...

I don't "KNOW" him personally. I've met him back in 2002, and we used to exchange some mails from 2002 to 2005.

I figured that's what you meant. It's still cool to hear that stuff from someone who was a fan and knew of him long before Guns happened.

I have known Ron for the last ten years and I think some of you have very big misconceptions about him.

He's the kind of guy that constantly reaches out because he CARES, not because he has something to sell...

Back in 2004 I was in a very dark place and his forum was a very cool place at the time. It wasn't an impersonal thing invaded by GnR fans harrassing him. Most members knew each other very well.

He took the time to write me something about my situation ( depression ), since he had just been in the same place before, something very personal. He didn't have to but he just did because he actually cares.

When I first met him in 2002 during his French tour, he was touring with a very heavy flu and was on the verge of ODing on medication every night. He still gave us a two hours show, and took the time to hang with the audience anyway.

He's the guy who sent me a link to download some, at the time, unreleased Outkast cover album of his just because I had sent him a Merry Christmas message...

I don't think we're naive...If anything HE'S naive for thinking he can still behave like he used to now that he's in GnR but I love him for that. He's always been a class act to me and if you think he's faking that shit, sorry but he isn't.

He has considered quitting music for good in the past, back in 2002 ( I don't know how much it had to do with 9.11 but he was starting to feel like being a musician was pointless, he went into a depression, had to take medication etc... ) and now it's the same thing for different reasons.

You guys should support him because he's a very genuine person. Maybe you think he's goofy and sometimes inappropriate but at least he isn't pretending to be someone he's not.

Bumblefoot is the man! That's cool to hear from the perspective of someone who knew him/knew his stuff long before Guns.

I really don't know what to make of the Tweets/Facebook stuff. I just hope it was a general bad day and he finds a way to get past it, even if ultimately it means taking time off. It's amazing he's made it this far in the tour. What was Rio, October 2nd? That's nearly two months of being on the road and he's done it. He deserves endless amounts of credit just for that - this guy really cares. He's out on the road with Guns because he cares about the fans. I imagine most people in his situation would have either quit the band or just sat out for the tour to heal up. Instead, he goes and does it anyways. He's a crazy guy, but that's why we love him. Rock on, Mr. Bumblefoot, and get well soon! :thumbsup:

You also have to take into consideration, in order for him to afford doctors, surgeries, rehab, maybe Musicians Union or Universal hooked him up with some health benefits, but most musicians have to go for out of pocket or to a free clinic if they're not getting a steady flow of income in. I'm sure most of the guys in GNR would say they're financially comfortable (but not set for life like the former of members of GNR are, from all the years of endorsements, touring, and licensing) as long as they keep playing, and get royalties here and there. You have to remember that time off can put people in debt regardless of how much money they made, more so if there's little to no residuals coming in.