Albany cancelled

k12

That shirt is awesome, yes Toronto was the plan but something changed last minute, which sucks for the fans in Hamilton buying shirts I guess...

Edit: Why is the albany show not listed on the shirt??? Was that show added later or am I missing something here?

Added late. If I recall, Albany was only announced about a week before Florida.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do people know there were poor ticket sales?

trust me I checked alot, they did not even sell the upper level for that show, and the lower levels were sold in about 1/2 of the sections

Yeah, but do you or anyone else know a number for tickets sold? Perhaps more importantly, how this show sold compared to other shows that proceeded as planned?

Ali

I do not know a number, but I would be willing to bet less tickets sold for this show then any other show

my job involves selling tickets, so I often check to see what is available and how much

I would be willing to bet less tickets sold for this show then any other show by a huge margin

So, you don't know.

Ali

I was at the 2002 Albany show on the same date (day before Thanksgiving), and the turnout was decent as I recall. What better way to party with family/friends than a GNR show?! The Times Union is under new ownership since the 2002 show, and word is they don't allow the pyro setup GNR wanted to use.

Hello again you newbies,

Can you enlighten' me about Ron. Whats wrong with him? He looks and talks totally different than he did before. But actually he look way more Rock N Roll these days, but I hope he is well.

He signed my CD LP and wrote Oh My God on it. He said that he would gladly play it, this was during the last European tour.

Local radio station PYX 106 said the concert was not cancellled due to low ticket sales. They would have made enough to not take a bath on it. They also said that Axl is at 74 State Street Hotel which is right around the corner from Times Union Center and they are thinking about going down there to find out why it's cancelled. A handfull of people called in and said they saw them there and they even asked one of them how to get to a laundromat. They also said they knew they were going to cancel the show on Tuesday night. Totally sucks! I am devistated.

Well, maybe it is that pyro thing! However it is kind of hard to believe that nobody checks out before booking a venue... Perhaps we will never know the reason!

Really don't "need" to know the reason.The information about it being cancelled,and the tickets being refunded is sufficient. <_<

Terrible date for a show. The day after Thanksgiving?

Please I once went to see Emerson Lake and Palmer on Thanksgiving night at Madison Square Garden in NYC and that place was sold out!

If it was poor ticket sales, then the people in Albany have missed one kick ass show!

Yeah, it said refund for your tickets, so I doubt they'll reschedule the show, which is sad. I would be so disappointed if I didn't get to see this tour. I was sad back in 2002, but this tour meant so much more because my family and I got to see them.

Yeah, of course Axl will get the blame no matter what the reason is, like always, but honestly, if people take the time to see how well this tour is going and how amazing Axl and GNR are playing 3 hour shows, they should cut him and the band some slack and believe that it's a good reason for the cancellation.

I hope Axl and GNR and all you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

Maybe the Second Coming of Christ will appear in the Vegas Show and sing Paradise City along with Axl.

lol Thanks for my first laugh of the day! Yeah, like that's going to happen. Although, I think Jesus would like rockin with Axl instead of dealing with all the crazy shit the world is going through right now.

Maybe Jesus could create a new Paradise City after the show.

Anyway, if I were Jesus I would cancel my second coming. No one in their right mind would want to deal with the shape of the world today! And anyway, would anyone really believe he was Jesus?

Please I once went to see Emerson Lake and Palmer on Thanksgiving night at Madison Square Garden in NYC and that place was sold out!

If it was poor ticket sales, then the people in Albany have missed one kick ass show!

Yeah, it said refund for your tickets, so I doubt they'll reschedule the show, which is sad. I would be so disappointed if I didn't get to see this tour. I was sad back in 2002, but this tour meant so much more because my family and I got to see them.

Yeah, of course Axl will get the blame no matter what the reason is, like always, but honestly, if people take the time to see how well this tour is going and how amazing Axl and GNR are playing 3 hour shows, they should cut him and the band some slack and believe that it's a good reason for the cancellation.

Maybe the Second Coming of Christ will appear in the Vegas Show and sing Paradise City along with Axl.

lol Thanks for my first laugh of the day! Yeah, like that's going to happen. Although, I think Jesus would like rockin with Axl instead of dealing with all the crazy shit the world is going through right now.

Anyway, if I were Jesus I would cancel my second coming. No one in their right mind would want to deal with the shape of the world today! And anyway, would anyone really believe he was Jesus?

If Jesus showed up and did the NYE gig with GNR,there would still be people complaining about the setlist,and griping that GNR had a guy in a dress added to the lineup.He could hand out free wine,and there would still be complaints.

If Jesus showed up and did the NYE gig with GNR,there would still be people complaining about the setlist,and griping that GNR had a guy in a dress added to the lineup.He could hand out free wine,and there would still be complaints.

Not if it was THIS Jesus

Robin.jpg

Not if it was THIS Jesus

Robin.jpg

Ha!! All these years I never knew Jesus had a Trapeze in his backyard :tongue2:

When All Is Said and Done.. to coin a phrase ;P - Robin Finck was the ideal one to see GN'R into it's new era, an industrial direction. With the current 2011 line up, I sense that direction is no longer. Axl's backtracked. AC/DC tunes are being covered. Other than Chris Pittman, how can Silk worms ever fit in ?

Edited by vaida

When All Is Said and Done.. to coin a phrase ;P - Robin Finck was the ideal one to see GN'R into it's new era, an industrial direction. With the current 2011 line up, I sense that direction is no longer. Axl's backtracked. AC/DC tunes are being covered. Other than Chris Pittman, how can Silk worms ever fit in ?

The current lineup is doing well,sounding tight,and has chemistry.They are doing close to three hour marathon shows,and have gotten some distictly positive reviews.

Finck left, some things end so others can begin,And yes Pitman is an asset to GNR,as is Ron,DJ,Frank and Richard.

If you have been to a Gig in 2011 you can clearly see that GNR is owning those AC/DC covers.No backtracking involved.

I don't see the direction as purely industrial,there are many styles incorporated in Chinese Democracy.