Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon as easy as it could be to show up and perform a couple of tunes with classic line-up, it would undo all the work he's done since they broke up. Everything! So on those grounds alone i dont see Axl doing it.

If they played at Hall of Fame, anybody buying a ticket for gigs afterwards would expect Classic Line-Up. "i saw Guns n Roses perform at HoF, but when I bought tix to see them months later was a different band!"

I personally dont see owt happening unless they could work out a way of celebrating the past yet promoting current line-up, where everyone from all eras was happy...which is an

Extremely tall order

I doubt in my opinion we'll see a performance. if we do (which all the "new"guys have Said would be cool with them) im sure there would be some waivers or other paperwork involved for everyone. Doing something of this magnatude has a ton of consequences good and bad for everyone involved. as a huge fan of all the members id love to see it happen as a one of type deal and get the new guys back in studio to finish another album sooner than later. Its a huge pot to be stirred and a tough decision to make if your named Axl even if you know it would make millions of fan boys/girls wet there pants

Would people just completely fucking lose their minds if the CURRENT line-up of GNR plays at the ceremony?! Hahaha I hope it happens!!!

Seriously what would really be nice would be if everyone involved played - at least the "original/classic" line-up, Matt & Gilby and the current line-up + Robin and Brain maybe. I doubt Buckethead would be interested.

I think two drummers would b a bit redic. I think if they do a cpl songs they'll b Appetite cuts with Stevie behind the kit. I certainly wouldn't mind Sorum getting in tho.

They don't have to all be playing at the same time :rofl-lo: Different line-ups for different songs (Axl in all though obviously).

Tbh though for me when I actually think about it I would rather Axl not appear. He seemed very sincere about his thoughts on a reunion during the forum chats and I don't think he should backtrack. Also it's just another way to make the current band look even less like a real band and another excuse for people on here to go go crazy and start posting reunion threads every 15 seconds!...

Edited by MJG

Would people just completely fucking lose their minds if the CURRENT line-up of GNR plays at the ceremony?! Hahaha I hope it happens!!!

Seriously what would really be nice would be if everyone involved played - at least the "original/classic" line-up, Matt & Gilby and the current line-up + Robin and Brain maybe. I doubt Buckethead would be interested.

So wait.. you want 4 drummers on to play on stage? Plus 2 bassists? And around 10 guitars?

I'm not really bothered if the original line up do or don't perform, i don't think i'd be able to stand the REUNION LOL talk even though Axl has been through hell and back for the next evolution of this band. It'd be a nice nostalgic trip but the ones saying that Axl is a cash grabber and this isn't a guns n roses band etc etc are probably the same who moan about a reunion even though a world tour with the original band would be more fake than anything since they all moved in their own artistic and personal directions.

Doesn't name the people but it says Steven remains skeptical singer axl rose will perform with THE ORIGINAL BAND.

That sentence certainly doesn't rule out Dizzy or Matt in any way.

That sentence is pure bullshit since there is no way the ORIGINAL BAND will perform.

Unless sb resurrects Ole Beich, ORIGINAL bass player, who drowned in a lake in 1991.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Beich

How many times do people need to read this to stop writing about reuniting the ORIGINAL BAND?

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven are the CLASSIC line-up, the AFD line-up, or the BEST line-up or whatever the fuck you want to call them... but NOT the ORIGINAL line-up

because the fact is the ORIGINAL BAND was:

Axl, Izzy, Tracii Guns (guitar), Ole Beich (bass), Rob Gardner (drums)

First performance on March 26, 1985

http://gnrontour.com/sets1985/19850326flyer.jpg

Learn it by heart for fuck's sake !

Edited by DrDrei

Adler is different than Sorum. Though neither wrote songs (even if Adler was credited equally), Adler was an important part of the sound due to his instantly recognizable drumming.

I stand by what I said. And since someone brought up Arkeen... He contributed more to Guns than Dizzy or Sorum ever did.

So wait.. you want 4 drummers on to play on stage? Plus 2 bassists? And around 10 guitars?

I'll repeat:

They don't have to all be playing at the same time :rofl-lo: Different line-ups for different songs (Axl in all though obviously).

Axl wont perfrom with Slash. Period. He's even gone on record as saying one of them will be dead before any reuinion, of any sort.

The wounds are far too deep on Axl's part. Most people forgive and forget. Axl forgets but doesn't forgive.

And all you people that think the new band should be inducted need your heads examined. Would the band have been inducted had there been no Chinese Democracy? Of course they would.

Imagine you were an architect, and you designed your own home for you and your family. You live in it for a few years, then divorce your wife - who lives in the marital home with her new husband. Many years later, you gain wide recognition for your design of the home and win an industry award.

Would you want some mutherfucker sharing the stage with you, just because he was screwing your ex-wife and lived in your old home?........

LA

Doesn't name the people but it says Steven remains skeptical singer axl rose will perform with THE ORIGINAL BAND.

That sentence certainly doesn't rule out Dizzy or Matt in any way.

That sentence is pure bullshit since there is no way the ORIGINAL BAND will perform.

Unless sb resurrects Ole Beich, ORIGINAL bass player, who drowned in a lake in 1991.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Beich

How many times do people need to read this to stop writing about reuniting the ORIGINAL BAND?

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven are the CLASSIC line-up, the AFD line-up, or the BEST line-up or whatever the fuck you want to call them... but NOT the ORIGINAL line-up

because the fact is the ORIGINAL BAND was:

Axl, Izzy, Tracii Guns (guitar), Ole Beich (bass), Rob Gardner (drums)

First performance on March 26, 1985

http://gnrontour.com/sets1985/19850326flyer.jpg

Learn it by heart for fuck's sake !

Oh please. Why would they even consider a "band" that existed for like a month and didn't write together and probably didn't even draw the smallest crowd.