Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

I swear, for all the crybabies crying for a reunion, I hope they reunite for a song or two, and I hope they suck ass so that chapter will be closed. It's 20 year old history, get over it. Please. They're not together anymore, and if they did get back together, there's no way in hell they would be as good today as the current band is.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck the HOF. End of discussion. I will have more respect for Axl if he blows the whole thing off.

I feel the EXACT same way.

Axl has the most to gain by the induction. He owns the name! The name will be out there because of this getting plenty of publicity. The Classic 5 will get the GNR name more media coverage than anything NU GNR will ever be able to do. Plus if handled right by Mr. Rose it will all be positive publicity. And the added plus is Axl will not have to pay anything for it. And as far as you guys losing respect give me break Axl could shit in your faces and everyone of you would go please Axl do it again. What are all of you scared of anyway?

What does he have to gain? They will just disrespect the hard work he's did for almost 20 years. They will go "Oh, CD was great and all, but wouldn't it be great if we just honor the original five and leave it at that?" He spent millions to get where he is today. Has three albums worth of material waiting to be released and all they can ever focus on is what he did back in the 1980's. If anything they are just scheming to get him back together with Slash so they can have a reunion tour and make $$$. That/s all they can see anyway. They don't give a shit about the music, just the cash. He just wants to focus on Guns N' Roses now, not the past.

The bottom line is Axl chose to keep the name. When he did that he tied himself to the past. I really cannot say weather it is right or wrong but that is just the way it is. And Axl can release his material anytime he wants. Who are "they"?

"They" being all the music industry people, reporters, all those involve in the HOF. Who else? I use "they" so I can shorten my post.

Axl chose to keep the name so he can move on and write new stuff. He realizes the current band has to play old songs to keep the concert goers happy. Guns N' Roses has a stable lineup for the first time in a long time and they are trying to screw that up. I am sorry but the current band plays the old shit a lot better. Slash has his Myles, Duff as Loaded, Axl still has Guns N' Roses. If the haters and Slasholes have a problem with that, then :fuckyou: to them. Fuckheads.

A reunion will never happen, and even if it did it will end quickly because those two will never get along.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Fuck the HOF. End of discussion. I will have more respect for Axl if he blows the whole thing off.

Axl has the most to gain by the induction. He owns the name! The name will be out there because of this getting plenty of publicity. The Classic 5 will get the GNR name more media coverage than anything NU GNR will ever be able to do. Plus if handled right by Mr. Rose it will all be positive publicity. And the added plus is Axl will not have to pay anything for it. And as far as you guys losing respect give me break Axl could shit in your faces and everyone of you would go please Axl do it again. What are all of you scared of anyway?

What does he have to gain? They will just disrespect the hard work he's did for almost 20 years. They will go "Oh, CD was great and all, but wouldn't it be great if we just honor the original five and leave it at that?" He spent millions to get where he is today. Has three albums worth of material waiting to be released and all they can ever focus on is what he did back in the 1980's. If anything they are just scheming to get him back together with Slash so they can have a reunion tour and make $$$. That/s all they can see anyway. They don't give a shit about the music, just the cash. He just wants to focus on Guns N' Roses now, not the past.

The bottom line is Axl chose to keep the name. When he did that he tied himself to the past. I really cannot say weather it is right or wrong but that is just the way it is. And Axl can release his material anytime he wants. Who are "they"?

"They" being all the music industry people, reporters, all those involve in the HOF. Who else? I use "they" so I can shorten my post.

Axl chose to keep the name so he can move on and write new stuff. He realizes the current band has to play old songs to keep the concert goers happy. Guns N' Roses has a stable lineup for the first time in a long time and they are trying to screw that up. I am sorry but the current band plays the old shit a lot better. Slash has his Myles, Duff as Loaded, Axl still has Guns N' Roses. If the haters and Slasholes have a problem with that, then :fuckyou: to them. Fuckheads.

A reunion will never happen, and even if it did it will end quickly because those two will never get along.

I happen to be a "Slashite" and the last thing I want is for him to have anything to do with Axl. That would be a major step backwards for Slash. And the new band cannot even touch the old band but that really isn't the point here. When Axl chose to keep the name he forever tied himself to the old band. Axl has no one to blame but himself. I really do not think anyone is trying to screw up the new band. The old band will be inducted into the HOF! My point is since Axl does own the name he has more to gain than any of the old band members. For example that music you say he has. An excellent time to release some of it would be in April 2012.

Edited by sleeper

Awesome news! GNR deserve it big time. They changed the face of music back in the late 80's. Their music is very much revelant today as it was back then.

I really hope Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven and Izzy show up. It would be awesome to see them all together again and hopefully they will perform a song. It would be sad if Axl didn't show up and GNR didn't get to sing a song or if they have another singer sing. That would suck big time.

Maybe Eddie can get to talk to Axl again and see if he intends on showing up? We know Duff, Slash and Steven will be there because they've said it already. Don't know about Izzy either? Maybe he and Axl and come on his new tour bus! lol

Anyway, maybe this time the Rock and Rol Hall of Fame guys actually got it right!

Congratulations to one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time!

Is it even a question who should be inducted? It is utterly ridiculous to suggest that anyone from the new band should have anything to do with the night at all. I like the new band but let's call it how it is. The new band is a bunch of professional musicians who are filling a spot, that numerous professional musicians have filled before them. Nothing they have done (or could do) would change the GNR legacy. They are just there to tour and take orders. They are irrelevant in the broad spectrum of things. Of course GNR have an interesting bunch of fans who cling to whoever comes into the band and whoever comes in will "always be better then the old band". That is fine, but it isn't reality. Reality is that the new band is completely irrelevant in the music industry. Rio only strengthened that. They may play the songs well, in fact there are a lot of cover bands that do, but at the end of the day they will never be the GNR that people care about. Like I said, I like the new band, but I'm stating facts.

The inductees should be:

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy

Steven

Matt

Edited by *YOOSH*

I hope they do it the right way, IMO nobody but the original 5 deserve to be up there, Acknowledgements to Matt, Gilby and Dizzy and leave it at that..

It will be entirely focused on AFD, LIES and UYI, I can not imagine the induction including all current and former members, Why should it?

I like the new band, I like the former members of the new band, I like the old band, But seriously What are we celebrating? 25 years since AFD!

I think the running list of current and former members must top at least 30 musicians who id prefer not to see crowding the stage...

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven... Thats who it is for...

How is this official if he heard it from a source. Your thread title is invalid.

This exact scenario has happened 3 years in row the day before the actual announcement, and it's always been true. Not legitimizing the "official" part, but they're getting inducted for sure.

He wouldn't say it unless he knew people involved in the voting, and it must have been a high percentage for him to be pretty sure about it. They're a mix of people in the industry and musicians. He has no pull, otherwise there would be more hard rock and metal acts getting in, and I can picture him going "I love those guys but you couldn't get KISS, Rush, Scorpions or UFO in"?

Anyone else think that maybe this is the reason they brought back Civil War? I think it might have something to do with it....

On topic, anyone saying the new guys don't deserve it can fuck off. They are part of Guns N' Roses whether you like it or not, they've put in the time and effort and their contributions have added to the legacy of the band. Tommy has been in the band almost 14 years. Richard's been around for 9. Bumble and Pitman are all over CD. Everyone deserves to get in.

I hope they do it the right way, IMO nobody but the original 5 deserve to be up there, Acknowledgements to Matt, Gilby and Dizzy and leave it at that..

It will be entirely focused on AFD, LIES and UYI, I can not imagine the induction including all current and former members, Why should it?

I like the new band, I like the former members of the new band, I like the old band, But seriously What are we celebrating? 25 years since AFD!

I think the running list of current and former members must top at least 30 musicians who id prefer not to see crowding the stage...

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven... Thats who it is for...

But then you get a case where Dave Mustaine wasn't inducted into Metallica but Robert Trujillo was. If that's the case, everyone on ChiDem should be included. And I'm pretty sure this was debated... do we induct them to increase the odds of Axl coming, or do we keep it limited to the original lineup and UYI? A f-ing award cost 10-20 bucks to make. Cure is also on the list, and same question is going to come up, there's as many members in that band as there are GNR... they're going to induct the original trio? The 5 man lineup? Rober Smith's going to come up and accept the award on his own?

Congrats to them, I guess. I do worry that this'll damage where the band is trying to go, we've got the strongest line-up the band has had in a very long time doing a positive, pro-active US tour promoting post Slash-era material... which I'm much more interested in than a reunion of any kind. Even to see those guys together would divert attention away from that.

DO THE RIGHT THING AXL. ONE NIGHT. PUT THE DIFFERENCES ASIDE FOR THE FANS.

FOR ONE NIGHT, REUNITE!!!!

ORIGINAL 5.

FOR THE FANS.

ONE NIGHT!!!!

+1. He really could do that for the fans. It wouldn't take much of him.

I wish that it could happen. But probably not. Axl didn't give a fuck for most of the fans opinions till 2009, and he hates talking about reunions, TMS has shown that. Probably the new band will receive the prize, maybe will could have Sebastian there also, no more than that, probably.

He'll go if Elton inducts him.

I think they've been going with people already in - Brian May, Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Lars Ulrich, or Elton.

Rob Zombie did Alice Cooper this year. Generally, artists are inducted by other artists who were inspired by the artist getting inducted.

How is this official if he heard it from a source. Your thread title is invalid.

This exact scenario has happened 3 years in row the day before the actual announcement, and it's always been true. Not legitimizing the "official" part, but they're getting inducted for sure.

Just wondering, but have the names of the other inductees come out?

I happen to be a "Slashite" and the last thing I want is for him to have anything to do with Axl. That would be a major step backwards for Slash. And the new band cannot even touch the old band but that really isn't the point here. When Axl chose to keep the name he forever tied himself to the old band. Axl has no one to blame but himself. I really do not think anyone is trying to screw up the new band. The old band will be inducted into the HOF! My point is since Axl does own the name he has more to gain than any of the old band members. For example that music you say he has. An excellent time to release some of it would be in April 2012.

He won't give in to pressure. ALL HE GOT IS PRECIOUS TIME! :krider:

So Dj would induct Slash and Myles will induct Axl.

I think they've been going with people already in - Brian May, Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Lars Ulrich, or Elton.

Rob Zombie did Alice Cooper this year. Generally, artists are inducted by other artists who were inspired by the artist getting inducted.

dj and slash can wear each other hats :P

So Dj would induct Slash and Myles will induct Axl.

As far as the Hall of Fame goes and who should be inducted, the new band is to GNR what Gary Cherone was to Van Halen.

That's the kind of asinine and moronic comparison only a new band hater would make.

Ali

That is a stupid comparison. You are exactly right Ali.

Congrats to them, I guess. I do worry that this'll damage where the band is trying to go, we've got the strongest line-up the band has had in a very long time doing a positive, pro-active US tour promoting post Slash-era material... which I'm much more interested in than a reunion of any kind. Even to see those guys together would divert attention away from that.

Yeah touring the globe on that "post-Slash material". Street of Dreams really putting the butts in seats eh?

Just wondering, but have the names of the other inductees come out?

Not that I've seen, but it's usually only one or two bands that get leaked early per year. I'll admit, I haven't exactly looking to see if anyone else has leaked out, since no one else this year particularly interests me...

Yeah touring the globe on that "post-Slash material". Street of Dreams really putting the butts in seats eh?

Outside of the US, it sure is :thumbsup:

Seems to be doing so... :). Long may it continue!

As far as the Hall of Fame goes and who should be inducted, the new band is to GNR what Gary Cherone was to Van Halen.

That's the kind of asinine and moronic comparison only a new band hater would make.

Ali

That is a stupid comparison. You are exactly right Ali.

Outside this message board though, that's generally how they are seen.