Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

Guns isn't getting inducted because of Chinese Democracy, they're getting inducted because of Appetite, UYI and Lies.

this needs to be pinned.

Get a hotel you two and do the do while listening to pretty tied up :rofl-lol:

GNR is getting inducted for being GNR. End of story (this needs to be pinned)

I'd also like to mention i don't realy give a fuck about the HOF.

exactly guns n roses is a band not an album.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns isn't getting inducted because of Chinese Democracy, they're getting inducted because of Appetite, UYI and Lies.

this needs to be pinned.

Get a hotel you two and do the do while listening to pretty tied up :rofl-lol:

GNR is getting inducted for being GNR. End of story (this needs to be pinned)

I'd also like to mention i don't realy give a fuck about the HOF.

exactly guns n roses is a band not an album.

This needs to be pinned (you like that MB?)

Edited by volcano62

The RNR Hall of Fame is banking on an original line-up appearance. The RnR HOF is well aware of their reputation and how people have been slamming them over the past years as some of you have been doing in this very thread. Think of what it will do for the HOF if they were to make HISTORY and have the original members of GnR reunited at their induction ceremony.

the HOF is in a win/win situation they could be trying to get a reunion maybe just for one night to make a splsh, or its about the news they are going to make with the whos going to show up, whos not, is the current gnr going to play and the original lineup not, they get big publicity either way, just like when van halen got it in all the time i put on the radio they were talking about this.

That is if Axl doesn't come out and say that THERE WILL BE NO REUNION prior to it. We'll have to see how the next few months play out.

BTW...........it wouldn't surprise me if it is accepted by the original band, but they aren't present. They accept it and give their speech via satellite and the TV screen is split with Slash and Duff on one half of the screen and Axl's in his living room on the other side of the screen.

That would be lame....but I could see it happening. :rolleyes:

Really... they are defeating the purpose of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame name. Isn't there a Hip Hop Hall of Fame or Disco Hall of Fame others could qualify for? :rolleyes:

What the f*ck are you talking about?

I am talking about LL Cool J and Donna Summer that bran brought up in the post before mine. They are a waste of a nomination for the RRHOF. They should be in the Hip Hop or Disco Hall of Fame or some shit like that.

The RNR Hall of Fame is banking on an original line-up appearance. The RnR HOF is well aware of their reputation and how people have been slamming them over the past years as some of you have been doing in this very thread. Think of what it will do for the HOF if they were to make HISTORY and have the original members of GnR reunited at their induction ceremony.

the HOF is in a win/win situation they could be trying to get a reunion maybe just for one night to make a splsh, or its about the news they are going to make with the whos going to show up, whos not, is the current gnr going to play and the original lineup not, they get big publicity either way, just like when van halen got it in all the time i put on the radio they were talking about this.

That is if Axl doesn't come out and say that THERE WILL BE NO REUNION prior to it. We'll have to see how the next few months play out.

BTW...........it wouldn't surprise me if it is accepted by the original band, but they aren't present. They accept it and give their speech via satellite and the TV screen is split with Slash and Duff on one half of the screen and Axl's in his living room on the other side of the screen.

Slash and Steven have already said they will be there if nominated and pretty sure Duff said he would be as well...just up to Izzy and Axl if they want to participate or not............... :shrugs:

Slash and Steven have already said they will be there if nominated and pretty sure Duff said he would be as well...just up to Izzy and Axl if they want to participate or not............... :shrugs:

Still, Axl could send a pre-recorded thank you speech video while the rest of the band is present and it would not surpise me a bit.

But that's not the rules is it? I am sure there are a lot of bands that are in that did not reach their biggest heights with their first album, or even really broke with it. UYI era was significant to say the least. GN'R draw 7 million to their tour, people lined up at midnight for their new album, they were primetime news everywhere and they were the shit on every school in the world in 1991 and some time after that.

Damn right, and make that 91,92 and 93. Even 94.

If any of the new guys gets inducted it's a joke. Damn I hate the new band atm. CD were good, but nowhere near any of the first 4. The shows are great, but only because Axl is there, singing over a static correct sounding band. Well well, the light in the end of the tunnel is at least a new record with Slash and Myles.

Slash and Miles. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Have fun with that joke.

I've also seen better performances of slash and myles.

Honestly, I've never seen fans bash the members who ACTUALLY contributed to the material that fans love so much.

I think the current nu lineup should be present in the audience at best, but they certainly shouldn't be inducted.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Dizzy should be the only ones getting inducted, as they contributed to what GNR will forever be known for. They're rock n roll historians, and made significant pieces of art. Whether or not you consider Chinese Democracy good or bad is all subjective. But it wasn't significant, and it's not acknowledged as a big part of rock n roll history. And there's current members that contributed little to absolutely nothing to THAT album anyways. That's just fact.

Edited by Bobbo

How about a fair comparison? GNR vs GNR

haha get wrecked old gnr wins!

I disagree. New Guns does every solo better.

I've also seen better performances of slash and myles.

Honestly, I've never seen fans bash the members who ACTUALLY contributed to the material that fans love so much.

I think the current nu lineup should be present in the audience at best, but they certainly shouldn't be inducted.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Dizzy should be the only ones getting inducted, as they contributed to what GNR will forever be known for. They're rock n roll historians, and made significant pieces of art. Whether or not you consider Chinese Democracy good or bad is all subjective. But it wasn't significant, and it's not acknowledged as a big part of rock n roll history. That's just fact.

Slash hasn't contributed anything in 20 years and everything he's done since is pathetic. It's quite easy to bash him. If he had shown any of the ability that he had in GN'R since then, I would still be a fan. It's sad to see what he's become though.

I liked the post that compared it to the CCR induction. You would think that grown men could peacefully co-exist on the same stage for a few minutes. Even if they don't play they should accept the award together. It'd be pretty hard to imagine them all being there and NOT playing, though.

Does the induction concert still turn into a big hodge podge of people playing with different people? Like Axl and Springsteen back in the 90's? I think it does. If that's the case then Paradise City should be the whole show finale with the stage full of all the performers there. Guns should play Jungle, SCOM, and maybe November Rain.

Pretty cool news regardless of who shows up. Congrats to those guys

of course old GNR is better, Axl is younger and his voice is better plus the band had played it before then and on the album, this last show was the first live performance for years. Give it time it will improve even more, like Estranged.

That will only mean that this band has improved on becoming a better cover band. Let's see them write classics like the Old Gnr did.

of course old GNR is better, Axl is younger and his voice is better plus the band had played it before then and on the album, this last show was the first live performance for years. Give it time it will improve even more, like Estranged.

That will only mean that this band has improved on becoming a better cover band. Let's see them write classics like the Old Gnr did.

Talk to Axl. Most of us are waiting for that.