Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

I'm sorry, but if you haven't been a part of the band for twenty plus years you don't deserve shit. Slash shouldn't be rewarded for being a little cuntrag and walking out on GNR.

When the GNR reunion happens, CD will need to be stricken from the record and never spoken of again. What an embarrassment to the name. A big LOL to anyone who thinks this charade AKA nuguns deserves even a mention at the HOF...not gonna happen..the REAL gunners created Guns N' Roses and all the timeless classics. No matter how many times nugnr fans want to pretend otherwise.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole place going absolutely nuts!!!

Its funny that I see that as the least likely to happen at the Hall. Its a bunch of old farts that sit on their money and really don't care about anything.

But yeah, thats a nice dream I'd like to see come true. Although now all this talk has me really hoping for a Slash and Axl hug and I'll probably be disappointed when it doesn't happen lol.

Oh buddy, it's on.

Put the tape in your VCR!

GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES

Slash and Axl on stage together, it's gonna happen. I'm sure we'll get some legendary pictures and videos out of this whole shindig and probably lots of funny, spiteful, gleeful quotes from the various originals prior to the event. Do you think guys like DJ and Tommy are worried they might lose their jobs if all goes perfectly? I really like Tommy but having Duff back really would be amazing... same for all the other old guys. If I was Gilby I'd hope to get in but would know really I wouldn't. Slash and Axl embracing eachother after years of hate and distance... it's going to be great. Then, reunion tour, new studio album recorded in a few months without bombastic cheesy production, then touring off that as the biggest classic rock band touring and get all their credibility back before retirement.

You may find yourself laughing at what I think is going to happen. You may find yourself in my fantasy world. You'll enjoy it, we have cookies.

LOL

You take wayyyy to much crack man.

Never gonna happen, I take the bet!

Obviously I'd love a reunion, I just don't think thats in the cards. None of them seem that enthusiastic about it. Of course, things could change, but I find it hard to believe that. I don't think its that hard to believe that they could all be there at the induction, or especially Slash and Axl. Slash will so the ball is completely in Axl's court. I'm just saying that when you say stuff like "at this induction its going to lead to a reunion, etc, etc." it just sounds exactly like what all the press will say. I think the reunion talk annoys all of them. If they wanted to do it, they'd do it. Doesn't seem like any of them are in a big hurry for it. And yes, I believe when all you care about out of the induction is that they'll get back together, it negates their work since the breakup. Ozzy and Sabbath decided together they'd get back to the old grind, and they've been pretty friendly over the years so I don't think thats a fair comparison. With members of GNR, press and interviewers most of the time seem to like just asking GNR questions. And thats fine to a point, but at times its like "come on, I've done a lot of stuff since then. A reunion would be cool, but move on." And I say that as someone that has enjoyed Slash's Snakepit, Chinese Democracy, new Adler's Appetite material, Izzy solo material, and Velvet Revolver since the breakup. A reunion of GNR would be amazing, but its not all that has to be talked about when there's so much other great stuff they've done since then.

They're all being realistic about it. It started off as being a long shot possibility, then they made the list, and now it's about who's actually being nominated. It's a one time event, and they can't live their lives around a nonprofit dinner, a few songs on stage and words of appreciation.

Reunion talk never goes away. It never will. Even if the forums go away, it's always going to come up.

I don't think the blood's THAT bad between Axl and Slash that they can't be in the same room for an hour. He's prob. not going to rehearse with them... and just decide that night whether or not to sing with them. He could just as easily just show up for the award, say one word, and leave.

It could turn out like the CCR induction, they all went up to accept the award, but Fogerty chose the house band because there was still a lot of bad blood at the time. The Blondie induction was embarrassing - former bandmates that sued them, in the middle of accepting the award, asked her if they could play with her and she shot them down big time. And we all know the VH performance shouldn't have been left up to VR. They would've been better off having Steel Panther that night.

They're just former business partners at this point in their lives, and Axl's real good at putting people on ignore that he doesn't want to talk to. He's not there to talk business and creative directions with them.

I don't think the blood is that bad anymore. The current band is doing well, 3 of them have said their piece about their time in GNR in the books. The fact that they're in the lineup when a lot of their influences aren't, prob. upsets them more... they passed a lot of great bands, too.

As a fan of all lineups I would hope everyone gets some sort of recognition. The problem is the sheer amount of people in question. Where does one draw the line. I mean are we talking Bucket/Robin, Josh/Tobias, Teddy/Teacy&Roberta? This could get out of hand. I think my dream would be for everyone to be adults and let the appetite line-up get their proper due. Then maybe Axl can thank those that he wishes and there can be a big playing on stage. I don't so much care about a reunion as I do an amicable meeting between Axl and Slash. That would be a start.

I'm sorry, but if you haven't been a part of the band for twenty plus years you don't deserve shit. Slash shouldn't be rewarded for being a little cuntrag and walking out on GNR.

When the GNR reunion happens, CD will need to be stricken from the record and never spoken of again. What an embarrassment to the name. A big LOL to anyone who thinks this charade AKA nuguns deserves even a mention at the HOF...not gonna happen..the REAL gunners created Guns N' Roses and all the timeless classics. No matter how many times nugnr fans want to pretend otherwise.

I LOL'ed.

Some people really think this gonna happen...

CoolFace.png

I couldn't give a fuck less about the hall of fame the reason this is a big deal is because the premise forces Slash and Axl into the same room if they both go.

Of course it's silly Deep Purple and Kiss (as much as I think they're lame, Kiss I mean) aren't in but again, it's only due to the situation with guns that most of us care.

I'd guess at least one of the original members will comment within the week. Should be interesting watching what they have to say over the next few months, who confirms they're in, etc.

Let me first say that Bumblefoot is my favourite musician of all time and the main reason I even follow "Guns n' Roses" at all.

Buckethead, Finck, and Brain are also noteable reasons as to why I love Chinese Democracy.

That being said : do I feel they deserve to be inducted along the original five + Dizzy and Matt ?

FUCK NO.

Why ? Because what have they done to deserve that ? Is Chinese an influential record ? No. Does their playing will be remembered outside of Primus and NIN fans or guitar freaks in general ? No.

You may think Slash is a one dimensional guitarist. You may think he's washed up. You may think he's a media whore. Fine, he's probably a bit of everything on that list.

He's also one of the most inflential guitarists on the planet. Sure Bumble and Bucket have managed to raise themselve a cult following and they may be very influential in the sphere of dedicated musicians but :

1) that sphere is nowhere near as big as the RnR listeners sphere

2) that's not what the RnR HOF is about, musicianship, shred, being innovative etc...It's about being TIMELESS and INFLUENTIAL. NuGnR is none of these things in the grand scheme of rock music.

Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are all featured on one of the most influential album of all time. They single handedly killed the shittiest era in rock music. 14 years after the breakup, people still mostly think of them when someone says Guns n' Roses. Bumble's Shackler's Revenge solo, as important as it may be for guitarists who are into the twisted side of guitar playing, will never have the same impact as most solos on AFD, because Shackler's is way too contemporary to be timeless and way to unusual to appeal to most RnR listeners.

I love Bumble and Bucket for doing what they do, exploring, and actually injecting some musical theory into their music instead of simply exposing their guts for everyone to see like everybody else, but that's not what the RnR HOF is about. If someday there's a Frank Zappa Award or something, then they should most definitely get it but AFD is what made this band famous and without AFD there wouldn't be CD, or any of the CD tours, and Bumblefoot would still be playing small clubs like he used to ( and I loved these French tours btw ).

Edited by The Glow Inc.

He fucking hates Slash and unless something monumental happens before April, they will not share the stage together.

Yep.

Is that why Slash just said he's actually been quite cool with Axl lately?

This is what Eddie Trunk said.......never heard that from Slash himself and besides it makes no fuckin' sense.

Of course GNR gets inducted. The people at the RNRHOF want the attention/drama of a potential reunion and/or fight between Axl and Slash.

If I were Axl, I wouldn't show unless I could some how represent and promote the current band and members.

Why do that, If I was Axl I would go there get the reward get inducted say hi, and go home. That´s it, the simplest way to do it, maybe if he feels like it he could sing a song. that´s it.

but it's GNR that's getting inducted. Let's not define it. GNR means different things to different people.

So how to avoid a debacle at this thing? My call is Duff. He's neutral. He's steps up dedicates the award to GNR fans and his a red bull at the bar with Matt.

It's about being TIMELESS and INFLUENTIAL. NuGnR is none of these things in the grand scheme of rock music.

See I disagree...there is no old/new GNR. GNR is GNR the band never broke up. Certain members chose to leave and that is fine.

That is all.

Drastically different musicians make drastically different music though.

If one goes by that logic : if for some reason Axl gave the name to Bumble, would Poc, Bumblefoot, Guthrie Govan, Les Claypool, and Brain still be Guns n' Roses ? If you consider the people in the band and the music itself does not matter as long as the name is still the same ?

If you consider the people in the band and the music itself does not matter as long as the name is still the same ?

The band did evolve for the better...you can disagre with this, just listen to Civil War and Estranged.

There are thousands of extremely skilled musicians in this world. I am sure we all had a really good music teacher some time growing up. They can always play famous songs really impressively, but that has nothing to do with being an artist and actually writing those songs.

Let me first say that Bumblefoot is my favourite musician of all time and the main reason I even follow "Guns n' Roses" at all.

Buckethead, Finck, and Brain are also noteable reasons as to why I love Chinese Democracy.

That being said : do I feel they deserve to be inducted along the original five + Dizzy and Matt ?

FUCK NO.

Why ? Because what have they done to deserve that ? Is Chinese an influential record ? No. Does their playing will be remembered outside of Primus and NIN fans or guitar freaks in general ? No.

You may think Slash is a one dimensional guitarist. You may think he's washed up. You may think he's a media whore. Fine, he's probably a bit of everything on that list.

He's also one of the most inflential guitarists on the planet. Sure Bumble and Bucket have managed to raise themselve a cult following and they may be very influential in the sphere of dedicated musicians but :

2) that's not what the RnR HOF is about, musicianship, shred, being innovative etc...It's about being TIMELESS and INFLUENTIAL. NuGnR is none of these things in the grand scheme of rock music.

Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are all featured on one of the most influential album of all time. They single handedly killed the shittiest era in rock music. 14 years after the breakup, people still mostly think of them when someone says Guns n' Roses. Bumble's Shackler's Revenge solo, as important as it may be for guitarists who are into the twisted side of guitar playing, will never have the same impact as most solos on AFD, because Shackler's is way too contemporary to be timeless and way to unusual to appeal to most RnR listeners.

I love Bumble and Bucket for doing what they do, exploring, and actually injecting some musical theory into their music instead of simply exposing their guts for everyone to see like everybody else, but that's not what the RnR HOF is about. If someday there's a Frank Zappa Award or something, then they should most definitely get it but AFD is what made this band famous and without AFD there wouldn't be CD, or any of the CD tours, and Bumblefoot would still be playing small clubs like he used to ( and I loved these French tours btw ).

This. As much as I love Chinese and the current line-up, the RRHOF induction has got to be about the Appetite line-up. Matt/Dizzy can be there, but the original AFD five are the ones who should get main recognition. Even Steven, if you listen to AFD and then listen to all the shit hair-metal from the time, you can see how Adler's unique style differentiated AFD from all the crap at the time.

FUCK NO.

This. As much as I love Chinese and the current line-up, the RRHOF induction has got to be about the Appetite line-up. Matt/Dizzy can be there, but the original AFD five are the ones who should get main recognition. Even Steven, if you listen to AFD and then listen to all the shit hair-metal from the time, you can see how Adler's unique style differentiated AFD from all the crap at the time.

How is Steven's playing different from Ratt, Cinderella or Dokken?

Sounds the same to me. Same 80's Hard Rock beats.

Not necessarily a bad thing though, I like it.