Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict nothing will made of it. Axl will either be on the road with Guns N' Roses, recording with Guns N' Roses or having dinner with Beta.

I don't know. Axl had the perfect opportunity to just put the whole thing to rest. He could have just said "No, all my intentions are about moving forward. Fuck the RNRHOF bullshit" on the Eddie Trunk interview. Instead he left it pretty open ended. Had that not happened, I wouldn't be holding my breath at all.

And we also got Eddie saying that Slash told him "Axl and I have been pretty cool lately". Or something among those lines. Now that, to me, either means the fueling hatred Axl has for Slash is slightly simmering down, or maybe they're on the road to patching shit up on a personal level. Yes, I agree it's probably more likely the first theory, but that alone might be enough for Axl to just stand on stage with the lineup that got him there. Either way, just the thought of seeing the 5-7 of them all on stage again would be fucking mind blowing to me.

Now, the fact that this event with the old lineup will more than likely get more attention and coverage than anything Axl has done with the name since 1996 might piss him off, and make him not wanna participate. All depends on what's going on behind the scenes.

Regardless, I can't help but get excited for this.

/thread. Seriously. Post of the whole topic. The whole time i'm reading it I can feel my smile getting bigger and bigger. I really hope this plays out in the way were hoping. The legacy of this band has really been dragged thru the mud. Redeem it a bit, ya know? Swallow your pride and accept the award with the band that got you where you got. Then go back to doing your own thing. Everybody would have huge respect if axl were to go that route.(basically because everybody will expect him not to show up)

Edited by drtydane

I can see it turning into a fist fight.

I don't mean to praise him, but Slash wouldn't do that. Axl might but I don't think Slash cares enough to engage in it. If anything, that happening would just make Axl look worse because its not like anyone is going to start that fight by hitting Axl. The fight would start by Axl hitting someone else.

I predict nothing will made of it. Axl will either be on the road with Guns N' Roses, recording with Guns N' Roses or having dinner with Beta.

I don't know. Axl had the perfect opportunity to just put the whole thing to rest. He could have just said "No, all my intentions are about moving forward. Fuck the RNRHOF bullshit" on the Eddie Trunk interview. Instead he left it pretty open ended. Had that not happened, I wouldn't be holding my breath at all.

And we also got Eddie saying that Slash told him "Axl and I have been pretty cool lately". Or something among those lines. Now that, to me, either means the fueling hatred Axl has for Slash is slightly simmering down, or maybe they're on the road to patching shit up on a personal level. Yes, I agree it's probably more likely the first theory, but that alone might be enough for Axl to just stand on stage with the lineup that got him there. Either way, just the thought of seeing the 5-7 of them all on stage again would be fucking mind blowing to me.

Now, the fact that this event with the old lineup will more than likely get more attention and coverage than anything Axl has done with the name since 1996 might piss him off, and make him not wanna participate. All depends on what's going on behind the scenes.

Regardless, I can't help but get excited for this.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Axl and Slash, both of them should take this opportunity to put the whole thing to rest, forever. No one is expecting a reunion tour, or some "we're getting back together! yey!", but yes, I do think they should shake hands, forget about the past and go fuckin' home. Axl will continue his work with new Gn'R and Slash will continue with his new solo album and probably with the next singer for VR in a near future. I don't care.

Edited by pi2loc

No one is expecting a reunion tour, or some "we're getting back together! yey!"

I find this hard to believe, sadly a lot of people are expecting one and obviously don't get what Axl has been through for this incarnation of Guns N' Roses. It'd be nice if they hung around and celebrated what the 80's/90's line up achieved as it was magnificent but times and bands can change, a vision changes and the components rearrange, I could understand if Axl didn't want to attend as I agree with him that these events aren't very important to the truth of music.

Edited by RandallFlagg

not saying it would look good for Axl but if Slash makes a comment or a gesture. I don't know them so it's more just a fear or worse case scenario.

I don't mean to praise him, but Slash wouldn't do that. Axl might but I don't think Slash cares enough to engage in it. If anything, that happening would just make Axl look worse because its not like anyone is going to start that fight by hitting Axl. The fight would start by Axl hitting someone else.

Who should be there? Axl (he probably won't go), Izzy (he probably won't go), $la$h (he will go), Duff (he will go), Steven (he will go), Matt (he will go), Dizzy (he will go), Gilby (he will go), Brain, Frank (more Frank than Brain because he toured more with the band), Chris, Tommy (he's been in the band longer than Duff, he's played and composed on Chinese democracy), Bumblefoot (he played on Chinese democracy and has toured with the band since 2006), Richard (he hasn't written for the band but he's played on Chinese democracy and he's been in the band since a long time and has toured with it since), Robin (he has written for the band, has toured with it, but he quit it and it didn't make Axl happy), Buckethead (he has written for the band and toured with it, but he quit the band and it didn't make Axl happy too) and DJ (OK, he hasn't written anything on Chinese democracy and hasn't playeyd on it, but I like the guy and he has toured since 2009).

So, two old songs with the original line-up except Axl, I don't want to see him playing with $la$h. And since Izzy probably won't be there, maybe no old song, or two old songs with two replacements for Axl and Izzy.

And two new songs (Chinese democracy and Sorry would be cool) with the actual band.

No one is expecting a reunion tour, or some "we're getting back together! yey!"

I find this hard to believe, sadly a lot of people are expecting one and obviously don't get what Axl has been through for this incarnation of Guns N' Roses.

But I really think it's impossible. The new members are doing great and 'new material' is supposed to be 'around the corner'. Slash is doing great with his own stuff, he got a lot of plans for the upcoming couple of years plus VR. I wanted a reunion in 2001, it's fuckin' 2011 :shrugs:

Who should be there? Axl (he probably won't go), Izzy (he probably won't go), $la$h (he will go), Duff (he will go), Steven (he will go), Matt (he will go), Dizzy (he will go), Gilby (he will go), Brain, Frank (more Frank than Brain because he toured more with the band), Chris, Tommy (he's been in the band longer than Duff, he's played and composed on Chinese democracy), Bumblefoot (he played on Chinese democracy and has toured with the band since 2006), Richard (he hasn't written for the band but he's played on Chinese democracy and he's been in the band since a long time and has toured with it since), Robin (he has written for the band, has toured with it, but he quit it and it didn't make Axl happy), Buckethead (he has written for the band and toured with it, but he quit the band and it didn't make Axl happy too) and DJ (OK, he hasn't written anything on Chinese democracy and hasn't playeyd on it, but I like the guy and he has toured since 2009).

So, two old songs with the original line-up except Axl, I don't want to see him playing with $la$h. And since Izzy probably won't be there, maybe no old song, or two old songs with two replacements for Axl and Izzy.

And two new songs (Chinese democracy and Sorry would be cool) with the actual band.

Oh god damn it we've already been through this like 10 times. Nu Guns guys Paul and Gilby onwards should get an honorable mention and an invite to be there, but its the original band plus Matt and Dizzy who should be inducted. And fuck, I know a lot of people are bigger fans of the new band than the old, I myself...kind of am, but what makes you think they should be getting top billing in the induction?

wishful thinking?

Axl on that ass belting out Whole Lotta Rosie, Slash getting sucked off and playing the November Rain solos, now that's a show. And about as likely as Axl starting a brawl with Slash.

Edited by Flayer

not saying it would look good for Axl but if Slash makes a comment or a gesture. I don't know them so it's more just a fear or worse case scenario.

True, but if Axl were to show up, Slash would act accordingly. He knows Axl just like we all do. If they got him there, he wouldn't jeopardize an opportunity even with a gesture. He'd be careful.

I don't think so. This won't be 'Slash and Axl' ceremony, don't forget about Duff, Izzy and Steven, they would talk about this way before it happens. I believe the three of them will confirm or deny -behind closed doors- Axl's appearance and from that point they'll see what to do. I don't know, I like to speculate a lot :tongue2: but a fight? No way.

What's this Dizzy and Matt were employees bullshit? They recorded music on GnR albums, they played GnR shows on a stage with the rest of the band, fuck all the stupid semantics, they are/were effectively members of the band, respectively.

You could say the same about Paul Huge, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Brain, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, and Frank Ferrer.

The Hall of Fame is honoring the classic Guns era linups

Oh really? When did they say that?

Izzy will be there. Want to bet?

What's this Dizzy and Matt were employees bullshit? They recorded music on GnR albums, they played GnR shows on a stage with the rest of the band, fuck all the stupid semantics, they are/were effectively members of the band, respectively.

You could say the same about Paul Huge, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Brain, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, and Frank Ferrer.

They don't have to. I don't mean to insult you, but anyone with a brain knows who they're honoring.

They don't have to. I don't mean to insult you, but anyone with a brain knows who they're honoring.

Oh, okay. You are right, sorry :)

head-in-the-sand.jpg

You understand the rest of the world doesn't think like you? I love New GnR too, I think they deserve recognition too, but this is not their time or award. They'd be riding the coattails of the old band.

EDIT: Just saw your new post, think I read your "Oh really?" in the wrong tone. Don't take me too seriously anyway I've been without sleep for 2 days again.

Edited by Flayer

I hope Axl and Slash hug it out on stage and then the original band does a set together. Why? I think it would be a cool social experiment. I've always wondered what the GNR fanbase, pro old and pro nu, would do if it happened. Would the nu fans all of a sudden praise Slash? Would they bash Axl for selling out? Would the old fans all of a sudden praise Axl? Would they bash Slash for selling out?

It would be extremely interesting because for the first time since 1990, the entire GNR universe would be in complete harmony. I'm not sure GNR's fanbase could handle that lol.

Edited by Nintari