Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason they're getting inducted is because of Appetite end of! If you want to count the Illusion lineups then let's do this again in in 2016 and if you want the CD guys up there I'll see you in 2033. Sorry but the only guys that should be recognised here are the original 5 with maybe a nod to Dizzy and Matt. That said I would love the new guys to turn up and jam on a couple songs with the old band.

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Guest Len B'stard

i've come to a point where this whole drama/soap opera has become funny to me and that i just want the thing that'll piss the most people off to happen, ergo, i'd like Axl to accept the thing but perform with the current line up, just to watch everyone get their knickers in a twist. Cuz like, looking at it, Guns n Roses never technically broke up, did they? So, in fact, the current band are well within their rights to accept the award there with Axl and perform. Or does it not work like that, i'm not really sure, i'm not into the rock n roll hall of fame, i think it's all a bit of a self congratulatory cock-suck. But yeah, that'd be funny "oh no, sacrelige, they didn't write the songs, how dare they!" :lol:

How have other bands done it in the past, do you have to get original line ups back as a rule or is it just something thats done as good practise?

Edited by sugaraylen

If you consider the people in the band and the music itself does not matter as long as the name is still the same ?

The band did evolve for the better...you can disagre with this, just listen to Civil War and Estranged.

There are thousands of extremely skilled musicians in this world. I am sure we all had a really good music teacher some time growing up. They can always play famous songs really impressively, but that has nothing to do with being an artist and actually writing those songs.

exactly, being able to cover the old material without failing, is not grounds for HOF induction.

The people that wrote the songs, and made the albums that got GNR to the top of the music world are getting in.

Edited by moreblack

you know what will be funny if the induction will go like this

First band to induct tonight in the RRHOF Is Guns N' Roses! inducted for this band are: Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin!

second band is Guns N' Roses! inducted for this band are: Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke and Dizzy Reed!

third is Guns N' Roses! inducted for this band are: Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Paul Tobias, Tommy Stinson, Josh Freese, Brain, Richard Fortus and Chris Pitman!

fourth and last is.... Guns N' Roses inducted for this band are: Axl Rose, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Bumblefoot, Dj Ashba and Frank Ferrer!

and then they play one big Guns N' Roses Medley, where every member drops in and drops out with different songs!

I personally think everyone who was/is in Guns should be inducted! they all kept the dream alive! we all fell in love with original Guns(i guess), but if it wasn't for all of they above guys, Guns wouldn't be alive to today and I think not so populair any more and maybe not inducted!

Edited by OptimusPrimeNL

The reason they're getting inducted is because of Appetite end of! If you want to count the Illusion lineups then let's do this again in in 2016 and if you want the CD guys up there I'll see you in 2033. Sorry but the only guys that should be recognised here are the original 5 with maybe a nod to Dizzy and Matt. That said I would love the new guys to turn up and jam on a couple songs with the old band.

But that's not the rules is it? I am sure there are a lot of bands that are in that did not reach their biggest heights with their first album, or even really broke with it. UYI era was significant to say the least. GN'R draw 7 million to their tour, people lined up at midnight for their new album, they were primetime news everywhere and they were the shit on every school in the world in 1991 and some time after that.

But that's not the rules is it? I am sure there are a lot of bands that are in that did not reach their biggest heights with their first album, or even really broke with it. UYI era was significant to say the least. GN'R draw 7 million to their tour, people lined up at midnight for their new album, they were primetime news everywhere and they were the shit on every school in the world in 1991 and some time after that.

Damn right, and make that 91,92 and 93. Even 94.

If any of the new guys gets inducted it's a joke. Damn I hate the new band atm. CD were good, but nowhere near any of the first 4. The shows are great, but only because Axl is there, singing over a static correct sounding band. Well well, the light in the end of the tunnel is at least a new record with Slash and Myles.

Could all work in Axl's favour. All he has to do is be civil with Slash for 1-night only.

Huge media attention, increased album sales, free promo....

Then you also have a situation where the old members (that actually legitimised the band in the first place) add to the buzz and inadvertently generate huge interest in GNR and any nu-GNR tour/album that is in the pipeline.....

Axl Ro$e......

LA

Axl will never share the same stage or place with Slash, firstly cause he hates the guy, secondly cause it'd fuel reunion mania all over again, and that's a bad thing for both of them. Most probably Axl will send a letter thanking the indction through someone, maybe Dell James.

An even wierder thought - what if Axl did a Marlon Brando and sent up a Chinese dissident on his behalf to make a statement?

It would kill a lot of birds with one stone and really stir up a hornets nest.

Edited by The Archer

If any of the new guys gets inducted it's a joke. Damn I hate the new band atm. CD were good, but nowhere near any of the first 4. The shows are great, but only because Axl is there, singing over a static correct sounding band. Well well, the light in the end of the tunnel is at least a new record with Slash and Myles.

Oh fuck off tool :violin:

I hope Axl and Slash hug it out on stage and then the original band does a set together. Why? I think it would be a cool social experiment. I've always wondered what the GNR fanbase, pro old and pro nu, would do if it happened. Would the nu fans all of a sudden praise Slash? Would they bash Axl for selling out? Would the old fans all of a sudden praise Axl? Would they bash Slash for selling out?

It would be extremely interesting because for the first time since 1990, the entire GNR universe would be in complete harmony. I'm not sure GNR's fanbase could handle that lol.

As much as I love Nu GnR, I'd hope they play Jungle & SCOM with Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven together and then play KOHD with the new band alltogether.

Then forget about the old band. Bury it for good.

release CD II and go on the road kicking ass for 3 hours straight.

Civil War/SCOM with the old band and WTTJ/Chinese with the new lineup would be sweet.

Unless there's some super secret, super unlikely reunion in the works and New Guns suddenly implodes, I really don't see Axl doing this without acknowledging the new band in some form. Going up there with only the 5 original Appetite era members really goes against what he's trying to do with the new line up.

Edited by The Archer

I'm sorry, but if you haven't been a part of the band for twenty plus years you don't deserve shit. Slash shouldn't be rewarded for being a little cuntrag and walking out on GNR.

When the GNR reunion happens, CD will need to be stricken from the record and never spoken of again. What an embarrassment to the name. A big LOL to anyone who thinks this charade AKA nuguns deserves even a mention at the HOF...not gonna happen..the REAL gunners created Guns N' Roses and all the timeless classics. No matter how many times nugnr fans want to pretend otherwise.

I LOL'ed.

Some people really think this gonna happen...

Yeah, I pity them.

Tommy, Chris and Dizzy have been in the band longer than anyone besides Axl. Why honor only the quitters?

Oh fuck off tool :violin:

I prefer to fuck. I'll happily let you do the fuck off part though :lol:

I don't see how Slash quit and Axl didn't. You're simply going by the name GUNS N ROSES. Axl quit from the other guys just as much as they quit from him the only difference are two and a half words, nothing that goes along with those words either, those simple words are "guns n roses".

If the name had have been split evenly the band would have broken up rather than members quitting. The fact that some of you don't think Slash should get in because he "quit" is amazing and worthy of a mental study by top scientists.

Axl will never share the same stage or place with Slash, firstly cause he hates the guy, secondly cause it'd fuel reunion mania all over again, and that's a bad thing for both of them. Most probably Axl will send a letter thanking the indction through someone, maybe Dell James.

I don't think he hates him at all. We know what he said, and as far as a reunion tour goes, is highly unlikely. But a one off here and there is always a possibility. It's pretty simple - get together and play, no middlemen, no lawyers. That's Robert Plant's attitude about Led Zep. He could make hundreds of millions getting back with them, or feels more comfortable living in the present, doing the songs he feels like doing. Pink Floyd could get together tomorrow but they're all near 70 and that time's passed, plus they lost an important band member, even though they can get anyone in the world to play keyboards, including Roger's son.

A tour is a whole other animal. He has the entire winter to think about the ceremony, odds are he'll think about it today, hear about it here and there, then we'll find out around the time of the induction whether he's going or not. I'm pretty sure he's not going to say "thanks but I'm not going" today.

He seemed to be happy at the thought of being inducted, and with no winter tour being planned, can't say he's busy that night. It's a night with ex-wives there, but he'd have Beta & prob. DJ with him, maybe Sebastian, and if he saw Slash, would just give each other a bro hug and not talk to each other. Slash and Duff would have their kids with them anyway.

But what would be funny is if Izzy was the one that didn't show up..

Who knows how it will pan out. But it would be cool as fuck to see Axl and Slash together again.. Those two were magic.

This.

There is a format, rules and procedure we don't know who's member is named to the Hall. AFD line-up deserves it.

Reference to Fleetwood Mac (15 line-ups), Bob Welch (6th-9th line-up) who anchored the band for several years and three albums was not named to the Hall because he was in a "Bridge Era" and still a controversy while Danny Kirwan (3rd to 6th line-up) got named to the hall and new members Buckingham & Stevie Nicks ( from 10th line-up to 14th -year of induction) were named.

That said, the Hall of Fame is that the nomination process is controlled by a few individuals, let's keep our fingers crossed that GNR will get inducted for the R&R Hall when officially announced this Wednesday.

Given the fucked up lineup situation they should bring everyone who ever played under the banner.

Axl, Slash and Duff are just the most famous members but where would they be without the others?

No Gilby no UYI tour as we know it.

No Robin no Chinese Democracy as we know it.

Thing is everyone is replaceable and on the other hand no one is ever replaceable, but the "as we know it" factor is due to the very people who were there at the time.

If they go there, they should do it with dignity and invite everyone to represent Guns N' Roses as what it is and always was: a work in progress.