Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

that Izzy finally gets recognized for his more than substantial contributions.

Nighttrain

Patience

Don't Cry

YCBM

Brownstone

thats really the end of the argument right there. When they needed a new album and hit he gave us patience. when the band was ready to release the UYI albums we got YCBM.

I won't even get started on Dont cry.

YCBM was an Appetite outtake last I checked....

You know you're in a hell of a band when THAT is an outtake lol

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Axl and Slash hug it out on stage and then the original band does a set together. Why? I think it would be a cool social experiment. I've always wondered what the GNR fanbase, pro old and pro nu, would do if it happened. Would the nu fans all of a sudden praise Slash? Would they bash Axl for selling out? Would the old fans all of a sudden praise Axl? Would they bash Slash for selling out?

It would be extremely interesting because for the first time since 1990, the entire GNR universe would be in complete harmony. I'm not sure GNR's fanbase could handle that lol.

As much as I love Nu GnR, I'd hope they play Jungle & SCOM with Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven together and then play KOHD with the new band alltogether.

Then forget about the old band. Bury it for good.

release CD II and go on the road kicking ass for 3 hours straight.

Axl will never share the same stage or place with Slash, firstly cause he hates the guy, secondly cause it'd fuel reunion mania all over again, and that's a bad thing for both of them. Most probably Axl will send a letter thanking the indction through someone, maybe Dell James.

I hope Axl and Slash hug it out on stage and then the original band does a set together. Why? I think it would be a cool social experiment. I've always wondered what the GNR fanbase, pro old and pro nu, would do if it happened. Would the nu fans all of a sudden praise Slash? Would they bash Axl for selling out? Would the old fans all of a sudden praise Axl? Would they bash Slash for selling out?

It would be extremely interesting because for the first time since 1990, the entire GNR universe would be in complete harmony. I'm not sure GNR's fanbase could handle that lol.

My hands are tied.... rock1

Axl will never share the same stage or place with Slash, firstly cause he hates the guy, secondly cause it'd fuel reunion mania all over again, and that's a bad thing for both of them. Most probably Axl will send a letter thanking the indction through someone, maybe Dell James.

That's true. Good point.

I like CD a little more than AFD (although AFD is my go-to CD whenever I'm about to hit the stage), and a lot of people on this board have this opinion.

But AFD is definitely greater and far more popular.

But again, which is better comes down to opinion. No album is factually better than the other. Otherwise, I'd get egged for thinking Skunkworks is the best album ever. :lol:

I do think 'Chinese Democracy' is better than 'The Spaghetti Incident'. :thumbsup:

You must really hate CD. I respect your opinion and would appreciate it if you respected mine. I think Chinese Democracy is a brilliant album and flowed well. I can sit through it in one listen. The Spaghetti Incident? Would have been better if the lyrics were original.

Here's my ranking

Appetite For Destruction

Chinese Democracy

Use Your Illusion II

GN'R Lies/Use Your Illusion I

The Spaghetti Incident?

If you don't like it too bad.

I think all members who worked on CD plus DJ as he will do future albums should be inducted. If not, then it would be a huge slap in the face and Axl will disown it. The Hall of Fame is a joke anyway. Why do these musicians need a Hall of Fame anyway? Just patting themselves on the back like the fucking Oscars. A goddamn meat parade.

I respect your opinion but I can't do anything if that makes me laugh. I don't think I'm being disrespectful for that. I haven't called you any names or anything. And for the record, I don't hate CD, I kind of like TWAT along with other few songs :)

As far as the RRHOF is concerned, I don't give a flying fuck. Like you said, is shit, but I think it will be legendary for the controversy about Slash and Axl and the little chance of seeing the five former members together since 1990. Tell me you are not a little bit excited about it.

Sure the new members (and now ex-members?) wrote Chinese Democracy, the album you think is better than the Illusions, but they haven't changed rock history, 'Appetite For Destruction' did and that was Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven.

I just think the whole thing will be a disappointment for everyone. Axl won't show up, because he doesn't care about the Hall of Fame

I never said CD was better than UYI, I just ranked it higher because the album flowed better. The Illusions, though filled with bad ass songs, were a mess.

You don't have to resort to name calling to be disrespectful. Laughing at my opinion is even more disrespectful.

:question: Okay bro, I apologize then :thumbsup:

One would like to think that Axl would fully accept and appreciate who this induction is in honour of, and share a stage with his old bandmates for 1 night only. Don't even have to perform, just go up there and accept the induction with the people that deserve it.

Any extra 'hangers-on' would just be a slap in the face and cheapen the whole sense of achievement

LA

I'd actually love to hear Slash take on Chinese Democracy, it'd be cool to see how he'd handle it.

I'd love it as well, and Slash says he likes the song. Unfortunately, I can't imagine them performing it at a ceremony where the old GNR is being honored but it would be so cool. And it would mend a ton of bad blood if Slash were to say "Hey, I think you should show up at the ceremony, and we could play Welcome To The Jungle, Chinese Democracy, and Paradise City. I know how much that album means to you." LOL

I'd actually love to hear Slash take on Chinese Democracy, it'd be cool to see how he'd handle it.

I'd love it as well, and Slash says he likes the song. Unfortunately, I can't imagine them performing it at a ceremony where the old GNR is being honored but it would be so cool. And it would mend a ton of bad blood if Slash were to say "Hey, I think you should show up at the ceremony, and we could play Welcome To The Jungle, Chinese Democracy, and Paradise City. I know how much that album means to you." LOL

They should play 'Welcome To The Jungle', 'Sorry' and 'Crucify The Dead' :tongue2:

Anybody else thinking Jungle and actually Patience would be the perfect song choices?

Sweet Child O' Mine is their signature song, the only one to make it to the top of Billboard. If there is a performance, it has to be included.

I still think Jungle is more of the epitome of Guns than SCOM, and Patience is just so beautiful and intimate and I think all the members have strong feelings about it.

Anybody else thinking Jungle and actually Patience would be the perfect song choices?

Sweet Child O' Mine is their signature song, the only one to make it to the top of Billboard. If there is a performance, it has to be included.

I still think Jungle is more of the epitome of Guns than SCOM, and Patience is just so beautiful and intimate and I think all the members have strong feelings about it.

SCOM, WTTJ, and Paradise City must be played.

The bands are usually alotted about 3 songs. So all of those could get played. Although they all love Paradise City also so I think that has to be included in there. But I agree that SCOM would be included if they were to perform. Although John Mellencamp performed at the Hall Of Fame and didn't play Jack And Diane, which some would argue is his signature song. I know its a weird analogy, but it might apply here. They could easily play WTTJ, Patience, and end with Paradise City.

SCOM, WTTJ, and Paradise City must be played.

That's just too much of the same. Patience would fit in great with two of the other songs and be a real highlight. SCOM isn't that great live anyway, and PC is not one of their best.