Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

Judging from interviews none of the band members are that fussed from it. It doesn't really mean anything, it just a made up awards for fans...

I hope it won't happen to GNR as Sex Pistols, inducted in 2006 refused to attend the ceremony, calling the museum "a piss stain".

Edited by axlrod

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how Slash quit and Axl didn't. You're simply going by the name GUNS N ROSES. Axl quit from the other guys just as much as they quit from him the only difference are two and a half words, nothing that goes along with those words either, those simple words are "guns n roses".

If the name had have been split evenly the band would have broken up rather than members quitting. The fact that some of you don't think Slash should get in because he "quit" is amazing and worthy of a mental study by top scientists.

How did Axl quit? He kept going when everyone else left. He never quit Guns N' Roses. He just looked for other dudes to fill in the ranks.

I am not saying not honor Slash for quitting, I am just saying honor those who stuck with the band for more than 10 years. Honor Dizzy, Tommy and Chris as they've been in the band longer than anyone besides Axl. Honor Buckethead and those who recorded Chinese Democracy. If Slash, Duff and Izzy want to include them it would show they have respect for the new band.

Given the fucked up lineup situation they should bring everyone who ever played under the banner.

Axl, Slash and Duff are just the most famous members but where would they be without the others?

No Gilby no UYI tour as we know it.

No Robin no Chinese Democracy as we know it.

Thing is everyone is replaceable and on the other hand no one is ever replaceable, but the "as we know it" factor is due to the very people who were there at the time.

If they go there, they should do it with dignity and invite everyone to represent Guns N' Roses as what it is and always was: a work in progress.

They should honor everyone who contributed and kept the band going. Honor them all.

and plus 1 to Volcano, Paul was very important to the post Illusions band.

Edited by BirdCatcher

I think Slash and Duff are most likely to show up, I hope they will have respect for Axl carrying on the name without them.

I'm expecting Slash, Duff, Adler, possibly Izzy to show up.

Axl might just show up, via video link. After what Axl said about Slash, I don't like Axl has the balls to appear on the same stage as Slash ever again.

Then again, water under the bridge and all that - maybe Axl will show, or be too busy touring :shrugs:

Edited by vaida

Slash kept going musically too he just wasn't allowed to call Snakepit Guns N Roses. Same with Duff, they all got other musicians to play with Axl just called his project Guns N roses while the other had Izzy Stradlin solo, Snakepit, Loaded, etc.

I don't see the difference other than name alone. They all quit each other.

I don't see how Slash quit and Axl didn't. You're simply going by the name GUNS N ROSES. Axl quit from the other guys just as much as they quit from him the only difference are two and a half words, nothing that goes along with those words either, those simple words are "guns n roses".

If the name had have been split evenly the band would have broken up rather than members quitting. The fact that some of you don't think Slash should get in because he "quit" is amazing and worthy of a mental study by top scientists.

How did Axl quit? He kept going when everyone else left. He never quit Guns N' Roses. He just looked for other dudes to fill in the ranks.

I am not saying not honor Slash for quitting, I am just saying honor those who stuck with the band for more than 10 years. Honor Dizzy, Tommy and Chris as they've been in the band longer than anyone besides Axl. Honor Buckethead and those who recorded Chinese Democracy. If Slash, Duff and Izzy want to include them it would show they have respect for the new band.

It's still amazing how some people are dumb as fuck. The new guys never kept anything going. Axl is the reason for that. Nothing happens if Axl doesn't want to anyway.

The new guys are just stand-ins in once the greatest band in the world. They are still a very good band, but nothing compared to what was back in the day. The sole reason for that is that there are nothing left of the band except the voice. No soul, and there never will be again. But at least the HOF might give us a glimpse of what made GNR a name everyone know, if they get the old guys reunited. I would rather have a crappy gig with the old guys, than a regular gig with the current band. One gig would at least let fans of the old band see them once again. Fans of the band that actually mattered.

I'm sorry, but if you haven't been a part of the band for twenty plus years you don't deserve shit. Slash shouldn't be rewarded for being a little cuntrag and walking out on GNR.

+1

Well unfortunately for you guys it isn't about "who has been a contributing member of the most recent lineups" or "who does volcano hate the most". Its about who truly deserves it and who contributed to the most significant GNR material that has had the biggest influence (hence the "hall of fame" part). Slash is getting in with GNR and he deserves it

Guys, even if all members agree to show up, we're forgetting one vital thing: will Axl show up ON TIME?

I know you're probably just joking around, but it seems Axl always seems to be on time for awards shows. The VMAs (in 2002 of course, then in 2006 when he presented The Killers) as well as other various things. Obviously his watch works differently for awards shows/events than his own concerts. ;)

Guys, even if all members agree to show up, we're forgetting one vital thing: will Axl show up ON TIME?

I know you're probably just joking around, but it seems Axl always seems to be on time for awards shows. The VMAs (in 2002 of course, then in 2006 when he presented The Killers) as well as other various things. Obviously his watch works differently for awards shows/events than his own concerts. ;)

You have made a very valid point :)

very funny all these chances of a reunion.

Slash playing the chinese songs? c'mon!

despite the indication, the cure deserves it much more than gnr, for what he has...hits, discography, consistency, etc ...

Edited by auad

despite the indication, the cure deserves it much more than gnr, for what he has...hits, discography, consistency, etc ...

Yeah, The Cure, RHCP and The Small Faces need to get in. As well as Deep Purple, KISS, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy and shitload more.

Slash wouldn't play shit he can't write. Nor can he play what Buckethead wrote. He doesn't have the skill.

Showing up for 10 minutes is a lot different than getting ready to sing your ass off for over 3 hours in front of assholes.

Not sure if that was directed at me, but I don't disagree. 'Twas only a joke about his watch. ;)

On topic here, from the way Axl talked on TMS about the possibility, I can at the very least see him showing up. It doesn't mean him and Slash have to become best friends again, but they can stand there and accept the award together. Maybe even a hand shake just to say "let's move on" and go from there. If Axl wants to perform a song or two, great, if not, well that's his choice. The important part is the guys actually being there together to accept the award. That in itself is good press.

Yeah, The Cure, RHCP and The Small Faces need to get in. As well as Deep Purple, KISS, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy and shitload more.

Slash wouldn't play shit he can't write. Nor can he play what Buckethead wrote. He doesn't have the skill.

Bird, I Agree with u...

Slash doesn't have the skill to play the songs, not even to compose something like it.

And Yes, RHCP need to get in too, but in my opinion The Cure deserves it more.

See Ya...

04ROCK-ss-slide-CDMT-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Edited by auad

Deep Purple, Maiden and Lizzy truly...and Judas Priest too???

another twitter from Trunk:

Kiss, Purple, Rush, Priest, Maiden, Dio, Def Lep, Journey, Mötley & tons more eligible for years & ignored, but they put Guns 1st time? Wow!

LOL, i'm sorry but GNR was a WAAAAAAAAAY bigger band than all of those combined. GNR ruled the fucking world for a few years there.

Kiss, Purple, Rush, Priest, Maiden, Dio, Def Lep, Journey, Mötley & tons more eligible for years & ignored, but they put Guns 1st time? Wow!

LOL, i'm sorry but GNR was a WAAAAAAAAAY bigger band than all of those combined. GNR ruled the fucking world for a few years there.

Bigger is not necessarily better. In the case of Guns, though, they accidentally stumbled into being a hugely popular band even though they were street rats who played and acted like a punk rock band more than a mainstream rock act. Bands like Def Leppard and Journey were trying way too hard to put out mainstream material.

No, Nambis, GNR it's not bigger than The Cure, in any sense.

The career of The Cure's much more consistent, more albums, great songs, historical shows, clips, not to mention that long before Axl have been drinking his first beer, the band was already a worldwide success. No offense ok? It's just the real thing.

Both are super bands.