Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

[quote name='BirdCatcher' timestamp='1323163219' p Axl won't show up, because he doesn't care about the Hall of Fame

What makes you say that? He mkes it seem like it was a huge deal inducting elton on TMS. I think axl will see this as recognition for his hard work and hell of a career. He knows what a frontman he is and how gnr is the last of a dying breed. If he doesn't show up for the fans, he owes it to himself. If he doesn't show up I can't help but think he will always regret it. But who knows. He really is one of a kind and very unpredictable. This is why I think he may suprise everybody and show up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I LOVE gnr......Rush and even Kiss are far more deserving at this date of time--IMHO

Couldn't agree me. And so many others to add to that list as well but I won't get into that. As the years go by, its sad that I just end up getting excited for anyone on the ballot that I actually listen to. So its extremely disrespectful that Rush and KISS aren't even nominated, I find its pointless to dwell on it and its more worth my time to hope for GNR to get in over Donna Summers.

What's this Dizzy and Matt were employees bullshit? They recorded music on GnR albums, they played GnR shows on a stage with the rest of the band, fuck all the stupid semantics, they are/were effectively members of the band, respectively.

If he doesn't show up I can't help but think he will always regret it.

Obviously I want him to show but I won't be that mad if he doesn't just because I expect he won't. However, if he doesn't show then says later on that he regrets it, thats just such a retarded thing for him. He's being given what honestly seems like the only opportunity to join these guys and not have reunion surround them. It would just be to honor the moment, accept an award, and then it can be over. If he doesn't show, he shouldn't ever be allowed to talk about how he regrets it. I know you're not saying he will regret it if he doesn't show, but if that were to ever be the case I think that would be extremely childish of him. This decision, whether he knows it or cares about it, is pretty important.

What's this Dizzy and Matt were employees bullshit? They recorded music on GnR albums, they played GnR shows on a stage with the rest of the band, fuck all the stupid semantics, they are/were effectively members of the band, respectively.

Agreed. Its absolutely ridiculous how people are saying they won't obviously be up for the induction.

You could say the same about Paul Huge, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Brain, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, and Frank Ferrer.

They're not going to induct 15 people, this isn't King Crimson.

I love Chinese Democracy, I love the new lineup and all the guys in it, but the AFD and UYI eras of GNR are the ones that were influential and the ones that are being rewarded. All CD era members from Paul to DJ should get an honorable mention and an invitation to come be there, but those inducted should be the original five and then Matt and Dizzy.

This is going to be an awkward night if they do get inducted right away.

Axl will loose either way. If he shows up, it will kill whatever sort of credibility NuGnR has managed to build for themselves, if he doesn't he will appear like an old bitter man and it will turn into another Van Halen fiasco.

Or they induct every member of GnR who has ever recorded under that name but I don't think it's fair given how small NuGnR lineups are in terms of popularity compared to the AFD / UYI ones. :shrugs:

You could say the same about Paul Huge, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Brain, Buckethead, Robin Finck, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, and Frank Ferrer.

You could but, no offense, you'd be ridiculous to. They are absolutely two different bands. The Hall of Fame is honoring the classic Guns era linups, which does not include any of the names you mentioned.

I predict nothing will made of it. Axl will either be on the road with Guns N' Roses, recording with Guns N' Roses or having dinner with Beta.

I don't know. Axl had the perfect opportunity to just put the whole thing to rest. He could have just said "No, all my intentions are about moving forward. Fuck the RNRHOF bullshit" on the Eddie Trunk interview. Instead he left it pretty open ended. Had that not happened, I wouldn't be holding my breath at all.

And we also got Eddie saying that Slash told him "Axl and I have been pretty cool lately". Or something among those lines. Now that, to me, either means the fueling hatred Axl has for Slash is slightly simmering down, or maybe they're on the road to patching shit up on a personal level. Yes, I agree it's probably more likely the first theory, but that alone might be enough for Axl to just stand on stage with the lineup that got him there. Either way, just the thought of seeing the 5-7 of them all on stage again would be fucking mind blowing to me.

Now, the fact that this event with the old lineup will more than likely get more attention and coverage than anything Axl has done with the name since 1996 might piss him off, and make him not wanna participate. All depends on what's going on behind the scenes.

Regardless, I can't help but get excited for this.

This is going to be an awkward night if they do get inducted right away.

Axl will loose either way. If he shows up, it will kill whatever sort of credibility NuGnR has managed to build for themselves, if he doesn't he will appear like an old bitter man and it will turn into another Van Halen fiasco.

Or they induct every member of GnR who has ever recorded under that name but I don't think it's fair given how small NuGnR lineups are in terms of popularity compared to the AFD / UYI ones. :shrugs:

I think thats ridiculous. Its not like NuGNR didn't know this when they joined the band. They knew they were joining an already successful franchise and that they would probably never be fully accepted as influential members to it. Its a good gig for them and it seems like they enjoy themselves. But there is absolutely no reason they should have thought by joining they'll ever get recognition as influential.

Oh for Christ's sake. Axl's said over and over that the "hate" he has for Slash is hyped up by the media and fans, and that he doesn't even think about it most days.

True. But its still hard to picture the two onstage together. They probably don't hate each other as much as advertised, but theres still gotta be some crap between them. One example I could give is that Slash praised the song Chinese Democracy. Axl said absolutely nothing about Slash's solo album and saying something would have said alot.

Oh for Christ's sake. Axl's said over and over that the "hate" he has for Slash is hyped up by the media and fans, and that he doesn't even think about it most days.

True. But its still hard to picture the two onstage together. They probably don't hate each other as much as advertised, but theres still gotta be some crap between them. One example I could give is that Slash praised the song Chinese Democracy. Axl said absolutely nothing about Slash's solo album and saying something would have said alot.

In all fairness to Axl though, he barely talked about his own album that was 14 years in the making when it came out...

Edited by Bobbo

In all fairness to Axl though, he barely talked about his own album that was 14 years in the making when it came out...

Lol not a bad point. Everyone else was certainly pretty vocal though.

I also agree with whoever said that all the media is gonna be all over this. I would think they are absolutely 100% correct that thats gonna piss off Axl with all he's doing now. And honestly, probably rightfully so.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

He never says shit about anyhing so what's the difference? Nobody asked him what he thought of Slash's work. On the other hand, fucking everybody up to and including Hulk Hogan gets asked what they thought of Axl's.

Probably gonna be a little awkard. Axl will have his hat and shades on though to shield him, his lucky bracelets and rings to ward off the cancer, and let's face it, they're all pretty easy-going guys. As long as Slash doesn't start throwing bottles I think they'll be fine, and if not a song, we might at least get a group hug out of it.

Oh, and if Axl doesn't show, and Slash does, and someone asks where's Axl, this will be the perfect time for Slash to say, "He's in my ass, that's where Axl is."