Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

Doesn't name the people but it says Steven remains skeptical singer axl rose will perform with THE ORIGINAL BAND.

That sentence certainly doesn't rule out Dizzy or Matt in any way.

That sentence is pure bullshit since there is no way the ORIGINAL BAND will perform.

Unless sb resurrects Ole Beich, ORIGINAL bass player, who drowned in a lake in 1991.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Beich

How many times do people need to read this to stop writing about reuniting the ORIGINAL BAND?

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven are the CLASSIC line-up, the AFD line-up, or the BEST line-up or whatever the fuck you want to call them... but NOT the ORIGINAL line-up

because the fact is the ORIGINAL BAND was:

Axl, Izzy, Tracii Guns (guitar), Ole Beich (bass), Rob Gardner (drums)

First performance on March 26, 1985

http://gnrontour.com/sets1985/19850326flyer.jpg

Learn it by heart for fuck's sake !

Oh please. Why would they even consider a "band" that existed for like a month and didn't write together and probably didn't even draw the smallest crowd.

That's just your opinion. I stick to the facts.

ORIGINAL means FIRST

It was a band, the name is on the flyer and they did play concerts together.

It doesn't matter they didn't put up a record

ORIGINAL actually means unique! :) xD

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol who cares!

The night of induction the following will go in the HOF

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Steven

Members of the original as you put it did not even care enough to make a road trip. So much for their commitment.

There is a posibility you might be right but that line-up is not the original GNR. Fact.

Well it's the only line-up that matters for anything related to GNR.

I posted pictures expecting to end this ridiculous war based on "ZOMG AXL IS FAAAATTTT, NOT LIKE SLASH, LOLOLOLOL"

Let me understand this:

The guy replied to a comment with no purpose to bash Axl and then you completely misunderstood the comment and your stupidity made you look up immediately for pictures of Slash and post them here?

__

Okay, confirmed. You're embarrassing yourself and that's not all. Slash isn't fat anymore, Axl is. But the question is; DO-WE-FUCKIN'-CARE? :shrugs:

yeah, keep living in your dream world.

The guy mocks Axl about something untrue that he just made up, I just show him that his hero is not better at all.

Anyway, if you don't care don't cupcake about Axl's supposed weight or hair-loss.

Are you guys reading this? The amount of projection that goes on around here is amazing. By that I mean, saying someone else is something (living in a dream world) when in fact the person saying it is the person who is that something (living in a dream world).

The "guy who mocked Axl" is me who was simply saying an underhanded joke about Axl IN REPLY to someone did the exact same thing about Slash. That was the only reason I did that. I was the one in fact showing that his hero is no better at all. You just came in afterward and shit everywhere. The living in a dream world bit, if you think it's untrue about Axl's hair.... well then you clearly have not seen pictures of the man throughout the years or you're really living in a dream world. I didn't say shit about Axl's weight either how'd that get brought up? Oh, projection, again, because you think he is fat so you assume someone said that amidst all the arguing.

Oh, Sailaway, I missed the part where you wanted "proof" Slash looked good in 2011. Why even ask that question when you know the answer will prove you wrong?

slash1+1-29-2011+10-44-47+AM+2592x1944.JPG

slash.jpg

Slash-portrait-2011-Ture_320.jpg

That was just from a quick google search "slash 2011". Also, yes I realize by myself posting pictures I'm in a way stooping to this guys level, but he asked for evidence and there's plenty of it so there ya go.

Edited by Knife-Chase

Slash and Miles. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Have fun with that joke.

Damn right I will. All records Slash have turned out except VR have destroyed CD, no reason for that not to happen again.

And Miles is just as good singing GNRsongs, as Ashba is playing GNRsongs. Same shit, different wrappings.

But to me who actually like the old band, Slash sounds a lot more like the old band. GnR were never this massive non-dynamic wall of sound, they were rock n roll at

it's best. Even though you and alot of others who praise the new band comes through as clueless massive little pieces of shit, you still need to understand that GNR would never be around if it weren't for us who like the old band! The only reason for CD to happen is that the old band were popular. The only reason 90% of the people in here know who the fuck Tommy, DJ, and Pitman are is because of what Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven did.

If Tommy gets in the HOF, it would be a Joke. Then Gilby, Matt and Teddy ZigZag could get in as well.

Anyway, who cares except ut in this forum. Noone knows who Tommy Stinson is anyway.

This has to be the biggest pile of shit i have ever read on this forum.

Damn right I will. All records Slash have turned out except VR have destroyed CD, no reason for that not to happen again.

And Miles is just as good singing GNRsongs, as Ashba is playing GNRsongs. Same shit, different wrappings.

But to me who actually like the old band, Slash sounds a lot more like the old band. GnR were never this massive non-dynamic wall of sound, they were rock n roll at

it's best. Even though you and alot of others who praise the new band comes through as clueless massive little pieces of shit, you still need to understand that GNR would never be around if it weren't for us who like the old band! The only reason for CD to happen is that the old band were popular. The only reason 90% of the people in here know who the fuck Tommy, DJ, and Pitman are is because of what Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven did.

If Tommy gets in the HOF, it would be a Joke. Then Gilby, Matt and Teddy ZigZag could get in as well.

Anyway, who cares except ut in this forum. Noone knows who Tommy Stinson is anyway.

Indeed.

Indeed.

I think it makes a LOT of sense. Too much sense for some of your comprehensions.

Lol who cares!

The night of induction the following will go in the HOF

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Steven

Members of the original as you put it did not even care enough to make a road trip. So much for their commitment.

There is a posibility you might be right but that line-up is not the original GNR. Fact.

:thumbsup:

HTGTH is in total crisis mode right now. Jarmo is deleting posts right and left about this, and there are forum members making the case that without the new band GNR would not be inducted.....and there is tons of agreement.

Lol what did you expect. That place is a trip! Most of those people probably think that Snow White is a real person.

Jarmo aka PigVomit as the SOB called him is the Manuel Noriega of the HTGTH. How's that for a Chinese Democracy?

HTGTH is in total crisis mode right now. Jarmo is deleting posts right and left about this, and there are forum members making the case that without the new band GNR would not be inducted.....and there is tons of agreement.

That is heresy. Everyone knows people show up to concerts to hear the compositions of the the nu band. The sooner we forget about the original members the better. :thumbsup:

I hope guns n roses shows up. The former members, not so much....

I agree

DJ has put in two long years of touring all around the world, he plays the shit out of his bands songs, and even though he has not played on any GNR album yet he deserves to get in because Axl really does like him guys and if they do release another album it'll definitely be better than any of those old records. Chris Pittman too, that guy has been filling out the bands rock sound with keyboard drones for YEARS now, without him the band would probably still sound gritty and raw (not a perfect sound). Bumblefoot too, he played some of the solos on Chinese Democracy! He was also skilled enough to come in after the songs were basically done and replace what was already recorded and originally intended by the people who wrote the song (detractors who left the band). Tommy deserves to get in too, it's not his fault you can't hear the bass on almost all of Chi Dem! Richard most of all because we know he didn't write any of the songs on the bands newest album so their next album is bound to have lots of his songs (which should kick ass since he has had ten+ years to work on them since Axl decided not to include any on Chi Dem). Frank too because he learned Brains parts really well and you can't even pick out which drum parts are his and which are Brain's on the album! (Not a sign of no unique sound, a sign of skill!)

Edited by Knife-Chase

It's 2011 and a few idiots are still talking about Saul Hudson on a GNR forum (even though there is a former member section)

You guys are unbelievable...

I know right? Why would Sailaway mention him and then that other guy start by posting pics of him?

Weird...

Sorry for me posting pics Volcano, Sailaway asked for some. :)

Then explain to me why most people only care about Axl & Slash and do not give a fuck about Izzy (who wrote the band's best songs) for example?

I'll tell you : media!

bullshit.

izzy didn't write gnr's best songs. he only co-wrote them. it was a collaborative effort.

izzy isn't a great songwriter without slash and axl. just take a listen to his solo albums. they're mediocre.

and axl isn't a great songwriter without slash and izzy (cd sucks). and slash isn't a great songwriter without izzy and axl

they all need each other to make great music.

Not much people knows about Izzy, outside the hardcore GNR fans, my signature says it all.

Slash and Miles. Have fun with that joke.

As a Slash fan I really don't care if you like his music mate as I like it and that is all that matters to me .....Don't know why other fans get so insulted when someone insults Slash..why do you care what the haters think?

Same with Axl fans/ Nu Guns fans, why would you care if someone insults Axl and NuGuns? as long as you like what he and the NuGuns are doing why get all worked up over a haters insults?

Edited by classicrawker

I agree

DJ has put in two long years of touring all around the world, he plays the shit out of his bands songs, and even though he has not played on any GNR album yet he deserves to get in because Axl really does like him guys and if they do release another album it'll definitely be better than any of those old records. Chris Pittman too, that guy has been filling out the bands rock song with keyboard drones for YEARS now, without him the band would probably still sound gritty and raw (not a perfect sound). Bumblefoot too, he played some of the solos on Chinese Democracy! He was also skilled enough to come in after the songs were basically done and replace what was already recorded and originally intended by the people who wrote the song (detractors who left the band). Tommy deserves to get in too, it's not his fault you can't hear the bass on almost all of Chi Dem! Richard most of all because we know he didn't write any of the songs on the bands newest album so their next album is bound to have lots of his songs (which should kick ass since he has had ten+ years to work on them since Axl decided not to include any on Chi Dem). Frank too because he learned Brains parts really well and you can't even pick out which drum parts are his and which are Brain's on the album! (Not a sign of no unique sound, a sign of skill!)

The fact that my opinion bothered you so much makes me laugh.

Edited by ohmygod

Look, they're being inducted for the back catalog and what it meant for music, not because of being a sporadic touring force since 2001.

No

They're gonna be inducted because RnRHall Of Fame could sell more tickets, took more money from HBO... that's the reason, they don't give a shit about music ;)

I agree

DJ has put in two long years of touring all around the world, he plays the shit out of his bands songs, and even though he has not played on any GNR album yet he deserves to get in because Axl really does like him guys and if they do release another album it'll definitely be better than any of those old records. Chris Pittman too, that guy has been filling out the bands rock song with keyboard drones for YEARS now, without him the band would probably still sound gritty and raw (not a perfect sound). Bumblefoot too, he played some of the solos on Chinese Democracy! He was also skilled enough to come in after the songs were basically done and replace what was already recorded and originally intended by the people who wrote the song (detractors who left the band). Tommy deserves to get in too, it's not his fault you can't hear the bass on almost all of Chi Dem! Richard most of all because we know he didn't write any of the songs on the bands newest album so their next album is bound to have lots of his songs (which should kick ass since he has had ten+ years to work on them since Axl decided not to include any on Chi Dem). Frank too because he learned Brains parts really well and you can't even pick out which drum parts are his and which are Brain's on the album! (Not a sign of no unique sound, a sign of skill!)

The fact that my opinion bothered you so much makes me laugh.

:kiss: