Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the fuck happens, one thing is certain: you fuckers will find something to bitch and moan about.

This.

Ain't it the truth? I've never seen so much whining, complaining, exaggerating, posturing, and generalized hysterical retardation of any fan base. Van Halen's and Deep Purple's fans don't act like this.

I hope guns n roses shows up. The former members, not so much....

hope all you want :rofl-lol:

Will do moreblack, if I wanted to see a few former members I'd YouTube black eyed peas, or put on celebrity rehab.

Edited by ohmygod

Whatever the fuck happens, one thing is certain: you fuckers will find something to bitch and moan about.

I think if the original band reunites for this, the bitchers and moaners would be in the minority though.

If they ever do it will just be for that show. They will go their separate ways. The bitching and moaning will continue.

Will do moreblack, if I wanted to see a few former members I'd YouTube black eyed peas, or put on celebrity rehab.

C'mon man I don't know why you feel spreading immature insults regarding Slash is going to make a point. Its just proof to not take you seriously

I'm sincere when I say that I want this to be another demented and hilarious farcical chapter in the story of this group. Hopefully it's as disorganised and horrible as it can possibly be

I'm sincere when I say that I want this to be another demented and hilarious farcical chapter in the story of this group. Hopefully it's as disorganised and horrible as it can possibly be

Slash and Axl should play a practical joke on everyone, go up on stage, shoot eachother with fake-but-real-looking paint guns, filled with blood-red paint, while both of them wearing shirts that say "No HE'S the asshole."

Slash and Axl should play a practical joke on everyone, go up on stage, shoot eachother with fake-but-real-looking paint guns, filled with blood-red paint, while both of them wearing shirts that say "No HE'S the asshole."

That would be awesome. Maybe Slash should wear a shirt that says "Bring back Buckethead"

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a show together but they will never work together. They are on two different wave lengths.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Guns N' Roses are the only group to be inducted on their first year of eligibility. - fuckin' beautiful. well done guys, old and new, i can hear the chants from the early 90's - Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses, Guns N' Roses.

Peace out

C'mon man I don't know why you feel spreading immature insults regarding Slash is going to make a point. Its just proof to not take you seriously

What about immature disses against the current line up?

Exactly.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Anything Goes in this instance. Literally every option is a possibility.

I’m hoping for Axl to push New GN’R as much as possible (i.e. at least one track or separate acceptance to the former members).

What about immature disses against the current line up?

Exactly.

Exactly.

I still don't get what "wrote the song" means. He was the drummer and made up his drum parts, just like a guitar player makes up their guitar parts. They're all part of a song and each shine at different times and any part of a song can be a highlight even if it's not part of the original idea. Is the person who "writes" the song the person who writes the lyrics? The chords? The melody? Whatever the most prominent part, vocal, or instrument on a song is? Whatever part is thought of first for a song? When you all write together I don't get this who writes thing, they all wrote it. Steven says it was him and Slash playing together the first time slash was doodling with SCOM and Steven was the one who first convinced him it was good. Who knows, maybe if Steven had not have done that Slash may not have played it around Axl or Axl may not have felt as strongly about it before Slash and Steven developed it a bit.

People saying Steven didn't write anything, I don't get. Did you listen to AFD? There's drums on every song! Who played those drums and wrote most of those drum beats?

have you ever played in a band?

I'm not hating on Adler, but how was his drumming on AFD that particular?

Cinderella, Ratt or even Pretty Maids used the EXACT SAME drums patterns.

he only used basic drums beats...

Anybody could have written that.

And as fars as SCOM goes, this is AXL who convinced Slash in playing it, not Adler.

I think what Knife is referring to is the opening riff on SCOM. Adler said Slash was screwing around on the guitar one day and played what he called a "circus theme". Adler said wait a minute play that again because he liked it, and it went from there.

have you ever played in a band?

I'm not hating on Adler, but how was his drumming on AFD that particular?

Cinderella, Ratt or even Pretty Maids used the EXACT SAME drums patterns.

he only used basic drums beats...

Whatever your opinion on the drumming might be, it doesn't change the fact that Steven Adler played the EXACT RIGHT thing he needed, to take those songs over the top. Anything more, or anything less, and they wouldn't have worked as well as they did. He is a big big reason why AFD/Lies work so well.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl will want to perform if Slash attempts to perform with the others. Slash will want to perform if Axl attempts to perform with his others.