tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jungle is the obvious choice, if we expand it to 3:

Jungle (classic lineup)

Sweet Child (classic lineup)

November Rain or You Could Be Mine (Matt instead of Adler)

I think if 3 songs is the option than no matter what songs they pick 2 with Adler, 1 with Sorum. If it's 4 songs 2 and 2, 5 songs 3 and 2 (for Adler), 2 songs 1 and 1, 1 song just Adler.

From the RNR hof site...

"The band took a long break starting in 1994, but in the new millennium Axl Rose brought a brand new line-up of Guns N’ Roses on the road and in 2008 they released their long-awaited album Chinese Democracy. In recent years, Rose has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage - but he remains committed to the new lineup and they remain a touring juggernaut."

Interesting that they officially recognize the current line up. I think who gets inducted is a mixture of a decision between the band and the hall. As history has shown in the past with the hall, there is no formula as to criteria of who does and doesn't get in.

It's obviously impossible to ignore how great GNR is and how much they evolved over the years.

WOOO! Congrats GnR! I hope it doesn't turn into a mess, but it would still be pretty interesting if it did!

Also congrats to RHCP and The Beastie Boys, when I saw the nominees, these two were the only ones who I thought were truly deserving as well.

The Cure are arguably more influential than everyone else nominated though. How many depressive bands came out between 1990-2005 (or so) that were influenced by them? A ton!

How awesome would it be if they did this;

SCOM, WTTJ or PC with Axl, Duff, Steven, Slash and Izzy

November Rain or YCBM with Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Matt and Dizzy

Better or something with Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Ron, DJ, Richard, Chris and Frank

Could be an option if they got to play 3 songs.

I guess I didn't fully realize the shitstorm this was going to cause among the fanbase, lol. Just try to keep it respectful, people. The original guys are what made the band famous, the chemistry, the songs, the performances, the drama. You can love the new band, and still show respect for the guys who made Appetite and the Illusions (rather than making an ass of yourself). At the same time, the new guys are awesome, great performers with undeniable chemistry. You can love the old band without constantly whining and mocking the current group which is a rock n' roll juggernaut itself (and making an ass of yourself).

I am not interested in a reunion, on the one hand sure it would be cool to see but I am more than fine with the current group. (I just wish they actually released new music. That, however, is not their fault). That being said, I do hope Axl does at least one song with the Appetite lineup. I could care less about Steven Adler, but tend to feel some sympathy for the guy nowadays. I think almost everyone can admit this would be epic.

Couple of other things:

- Don't try to compare Tommy Stinson to Rob Gardner if you are over the age of 12.

- Real cool to see the Beasties get in there, and also Small Faces (great band!) I'm not much of a Chili Peppers fan, but they deserve it as well.

- Last but not least, congratulations to Guns n' Roses for the recognition!

If this were to happen, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for the 4 guys (assuming Izzy would do it) to get together the night before and run through the song(s) a couple of times. Axl's on tour singing these songs right now anyway so although it would be cool, he wouldn't really have to be at the rehearsal.

I'm a NuGnR fan mainly but even I don't feel like the post 97 members deserve to be inducted along the original five + Dizzy and Matt.

However...if you read the article on the RnR HOF it says :

"The band took a long break starting in 1994, but in the new millennium Axl Rose brought a brand new line-up of Guns N’ Roses on the road and in 2008 they released their long-awaited album Chinese Democracy. In recent years, Rose has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage - but he remains committed to the new lineup and they remain a touring juggernaut."

and the Guns n' Roses selected discography on the RnR HOF website features Chinese Democracy...

http://rockhall.com/inductees/guns-n-roses/

Which means they will at least acknowledge them. Not sure if they will get inducted along the others but they will clearly be mentionned in the museum as they are already mentionned on the inductees list on the official website...

:shrugs: sorry...