Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

You know what's pathetic?

It's that every current members of GN'R and Axl are acting cool about it and are saying congrats to all past and current members of the band.

The only people fightings about it are little boys behind their computer screen.

You are absolutely on the mark! I'm a bit giddy because I'm heading to the YT gig,but I wish ALL linups the very best,and I'm thankful for all the music that has been provided over the years,life would be a great deal duller without GNRs!!

I truly hope all that haven't seen GNR will make arrangements to do so,even if you have to go solo like I'm doing!!

Prayers,Positivity ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that every current members of GN'R and Axl are acting cool about it and are saying congrats to all past and current members of the band.

The only people fightings about it are little boys behind their computer screen.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

It sucks that it's like this. I respect the former members contributions immensely. Yet what is upsetting is that their are current members of this band who have been apart of gnr faithfully for ten plus years, and some fans just can't accept it. Although they may not have written wttj, they have kept those songs alive and well all while adding something new and exciting to the band in the form of music, performance, and dedication, and thus they as well should take part in at least feeling as though they are apart of this acceptance to the hof.

Yet what is upsetting is that their are current members of this band who have been apart of gnr faithfully for ten plus years, and some fans just can't accept it. Although they may not have written wttj, they have kept those songs alive and well all while adding something new and exciting to the band in the form of music, performance, and dedication, and thus they as well should take part in at least feeling as though they are apart of this acceptance to the hof.

I definitely understand where you are coming from regarding the current band and the HOF and I agree that the new guys do at least deserve an honorable mention

But I think that the inductee questions are hard to answer because the HOF does not have any clear rules regarding replacements and lineup changes - which is why we are all debating this issue in the first place

The main argument right now is: Should the new guys get inducted (as well as Matt and all of the other former replacements) when they were not the contributing factor to the music that escalated them from rags to riches and beyond?

I certainty feel that the inductees should be limited to at least the AFD lineup and at most include Matt. IMO even Dizzy would be a stretch but Matt was brought in as a permanent member to the band to help change, write, and arrange drum parts to the Illusion records which were two huge albums followed by the UYI tour that solidified GNR as the biggest band in the world.

Because of that do I feel that the post-96 lineup members should be inducted? No, but they do deserve an honorable mention and respect from everyone. There is no need to be hostile to any current or former GNR band member

Edited by WhazUp

I'm going to be pissed if Paul Tobias isn't there.

I'll be pissed if Teddy isn't there!

True heart and soul of guns. You can't deny it. Even in the new lineup, his spirit will always guide the bands sound with that heavenly harmonica echoing in the minds of all GNR members past present future.

Edited by Knife-Chase

"GNR gets in first ballot because they're one of the few bands the voters have heard/heard of. The place has no historical value or significance to the actual people that listen to music and BUY Rock records." - Scott Ian

Eh, more like they got in because they deserve it. Kind of a strange comment coming from a guy who sucked Axl's dick on Trunk's radio show a few years ago.

"GNR gets in first ballot because they're one of the few bands the voters have heard/heard of. The place has no historical value or significance to the actual people that listen to music and BUY Rock records." - Scott Ian

Scoot ian is delusional. GNR were inducted for a couple of reasons. Only a handful of bands have ever acheived what the orginal band did. The beattles, Stones, Zeppelin, U2,Pink Flloyd and maybe Metallica. To be a global phenomenom has only happen to these bands and the hall/voters could not deny the fact that GNR had that type of impact. And the hall does do some good. There has not been another GNR or U2 since , no band has ascended to the that level since, so that in itself is a testament to GNR. People can think whatever they want about the hall, but a first ballot induction for GNR is an honor and validates the band in someway I would think.

You know what? Fair enough I agree that R&RHOF committee is a cosmic joke in itself, and have continually ignored some of the biggest contributors to rock. But do these people really have to shit on Gn'R because they are bitter. Reading these sorts of comments really gets me down when I'm trying to be happy for my favorite band <_<

I say fuck them, they can carry out their 'rock-political protest' some other time! :fuckyou:

I mean really... shouldn't there be like a couple of days 'grace period' before the bitching so the fans can take it in and be HAPPY?!

If anyone is interested Howard Stern mentioned the Axl / Slash feud and the RRHOF on today's show here is the link to the clip:

He mentions an article an the end that says Axl has little money left does anyone know what he is talking about??

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q4BMLX58

Edited by WhazUp

Guns is getting inducted because the Hall wants the attention and drama of a possible reunion/fight.

I doubt they give a shit about the music and fans.

I hoping this doesn't effect the momentum new GnR has. Hopefully they will get recognition for helping the band continue on. Some of these guys (Tommy) have been with the band longer than the orignal members were.

Edited by packersnroses

Some of you people are an embarrassment.

Why would anyone say they hope the current Guns N' Roses shows up and not the classic lineup?

That makes zero sense considering the Hall of Fame is honoring the trailblazers.

If you're not a fan of the AfD Guns N' Roses, I gotta wonder who exactly you're a fan of. But then, it's fairly obvious. People worship Axl. Because the current lineup, while awesome live, have really not done jack shit worthy of mention for a music hall of fame. Let's be honest with ourselves, people, and stop bickering back and forth.

The reason I know who Bumblefoot or Stinson or Fortus or DJ is, is because I grew up a fan of Gn'R and continue to follow the AfD lineup through their various bands and solo projects. Those guys are living off the name Slash, Duff, Izzy, Adler and Axl created. That is FACT.

So go ahead and hate the AfD lineup, but you just embarrass yourselves with that nonsense. If and until the current lineup comes out with anything on record, we really don't know what they're made of (besides the aforementioned amazing live performances of Slash's, Izzy's and Duff's songs).

Why would anyone say they hope the current Guns N' Roses shows up and not the classic lineup?

That makes zero sense considering the Hall of Fame is honoring the trailblazers.

If you're not a fan of the AfD Guns N' Roses, I gotta wonder who exactly you're a fan of. But then, it's fairly obvious. People worship Axl. Because the current lineup, while awesome live, have really not done jack shit worthy of mention for a music hall of fame. Let's be honest with ourselves, people, and stop bickering back and forth.

The reason I know who Bumblefoot or Stinson or Fortus or DJ is, is because I grew up a fan of Gn'R and continue to follow the AfD lineup through their various bands and solo projects. Those guys are living off the name Slash, Duff, Izzy, Adler and Axl created. That is FACT.

So go ahead and hate the AfD lineup, but you just embarrass yourselves with that nonsense. If and until the current lineup comes out with anything on record, we really don't know what they're made of (besides the aforementioned amazing live performances of Slash's, Izzy's and Duff's songs).

Who's saying they "hate" the AFD lineup? Plenty of people on here prefer the current band, but that doesn't mean we hate the old guys...

Let me add:

Axl did himself a disservice by ostracizing the rest of the band members and continuing on with the name Guns N' Roses. That's why so many people quickly dismiss the band. "If it doesn't have Slash, it isn't worth it." I think people would have been more open-minded had he released Chinese Democracy under AXL ROSE.

That said, he will do himself another disservice if he refuses to show up for the Hall of Fame or take the same stage as Slash. I think what's best for his current band is if he makes peace with the past. If people see that Axl is OK with the classic members, particularly Slash, and that they are OK with the current lineup, it will go a long way toward easing the perception among many that Axl is an asshole. People might be more willing to accept his current version of Gn'R.

The reunion rumors will never go away. I'm sure that bothers and will bother Axl. But this is a great opportunity for him to promote his new band. Why miss out on that for some petty shit?None of us know precisely what went down, but as Adler (crazy as he can be) has said, no one did some deep dark shit against the other. They don't have to be friends. They don't have to ever play together.

I guess I just can't understand how someone can carry a grudge for that long. It just isn't healthy.

Who's saying they "hate" the AFD lineup? Plenty of people on here prefer the current band, but that doesn't mean we hate the old guys...

Well that is my point. How in the hell can anyone prefer the current band when they haven't done anything? They play other people's songs. And they do it well. Fortus plays his fucking ass off. But how can you prefer that over the guys who created the music. It makes me think some people must have not been alive in Gn'R's heyday? And don't get me wrong, it all comes down to opinion. Yet again, these guys have done NOTHING. They have released exactly zero records. OK, some of them helped write CD. But a lot of that shit on CD was written, re-written and had a million credits.

Eh, more like they got in because they deserve it. Kind of a strange comment coming from a guy who sucked Axl's dick on Trunk's radio show a few years ago.

Anthrax don't deserve it? They do more so than almost any other metal band I can think of...

Not that I particularly agree with Scott in this case either though.

Let me add:

Axl did himself a disservice by ostracizing the rest of the band members and continuing on with the name Guns N' Roses. That's why so many people quickly dismiss the band. "If it doesn't have Slash, it isn't worth it." I think people would have been more open-minded had he released Chinese Democracy under AXL ROSE.

That said, he will do himself another disservice if he refuses to show up for the Hall of Fame or take the same stage as Slash. I think what's best for his current band is if he makes peace with the past. If people see that Axl is OK with the classic members, particularly Slash, and that they are OK with the current lineup, it will go a long way toward easing the perception among many that Axl is an asshole. People might be more willing to accept his current version of Gn'R.

The reunion rumors will never go away. I'm sure that bothers and will bother Axl. But this is a great opportunity for him to promote his new band. Why miss out on that for some petty shit?None of us know precisely what went down, but as Adler (crazy as he can be) has said, no one did some deep dark shit against the other. They don't have to be friends. They don't have to ever play together.

I guess I just can't understand how someone can carry a grudge for that long. It just isn't healthy.

Well that is my point. How in the hell can anyone prefer the current band when they haven't done anything? They play other people's songs. And they do it well. Fortus plays his fucking ass off. But how can you prefer that over the guys who created the music. It makes me think some people must have not been alive in Gn'R's heyday? And don't get me wrong, it all comes down to opinion. Yet again, these guys have done NOTHING. They have released exactly zero records. OK, some of them helped write CD. But a lot of that shit on CD was written, re-written and had a million credits.

Guns N' Roses will be inducted. The new band (whoever is in it this week) can wait outside in Axl's 1 million dollar tour bus and watch a live feed. They won't be missed by anyone. Oh except some crazed South American fans, who say ridiculous things like DJ is better and more deserving to be inducted then Slash (see HTGTH for reference) :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Edited by *YOOSH*

Anthrax don't deserve it? They do more so than almost any other metal band I can think of...

Not that I particularly agree with Scott in this case either though.

Where did I say Anthrax doesn't deserve it? I simply don't like people taking a crap on GN'R because they're bitter about other bands getting snubbed in the past. Just because Maiden, Priest, KISS, Rush, Purple, and so forth got screwed over does NOT mean GN'R should also get fucked. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I will see Axl's band every chance I get. They were AWESOME in Chicago a few weeks ago.

But anyone who says they wouldn't want to see the real Guns N' Roses reunite is not really a Guns N' Roses fan at all. They are an Axl Rose fan.

It would be a different story if this current lineup had a couple records under their belt. Then I can completely see someone saying, "Hey, I love old Gn'R, but the material the new lineup is coming out with his fucking ridiculous good. I wouldn't want that to go away."

Even if Axl releases more music, I doubt it'll be anything "new." It'll probably be re-worked songs from the CD sessions with current members playing over Buckethead (which would be unfortunate, really, but oh well).