Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

Yeah they suck so bad that's why hundreds of pro musicians stated kiss changed their life. Including Frank. Anyway it's no use. You may not like their music but to deny their influence is just retarded.

Ok, maybe I was just in a "vent" mood. Yes, a bunch of other musicians were influenced by Kiss, but there are other bands that deserve it far more than Kiss, such as, Rush, Maiden and Deep Purple.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have no idea why there is such an outcry over Rush all the time. i think they belong in, but they aren't as good as people imply all the time. ALmost all of their songs sound similar to each other. And kiss deosn't deserve to be anywhere near the HOF. I suppose if you just consider the "fame" part then maybe, but music-wise they have like 2 good songs.

I don't know if you've seen Rush live or not, but if you have you would understand the "outcry"

Greatest drummer/Bassist alive and Alex isn't half bad either.

I have seen them live 3 times and my mind was blown all three times

It definitely is a big outcry and rightly so Rush is amazing!

The one time I saw them live was absolutely stunning. Best concert I've ever been to. It's disgusting how they're not in the RNRHOF.

Yeah they suck so bad that's why hundreds of pro musicians stated kiss changed their life. Including Frank. Anyway it's no use. You may not like their music but to deny their influence is just retarded.

Ok, maybe I was just in a "vent" mood. Yes, a bunch of other musicians were influenced by Kiss, but there are other bands that deserve it far more than Kiss, such as, Rush, Maiden and Deep Purple.

All those bands deserve to be in. I'm not going to be pissy and say "this band deserves it more".

I am definitely not a big kiss fan. They've got some okay tunes, never liked paul stanley's vocals much and gene simmons is one of the most annoying douchetards on this planet. That being said, I have heard many musicians talk about their influence in the 70's (second only to black sabbath). When you factor in the many hits, album sales, and affect on the spectacle of arena concerts, they should probably be in.

Douchetard? I think I might steal that word. :lol:

Fair post too! I can see why people don't like Gene, but personality stuff aside, again, like you said, there's the prominent hits, album sales, and so on.

Rush is another band who should be in there for the same reason. Progressive rock might not be everybody's cup of tea but I can't tell you how many musicians list the guys from Rush as an influence. Add in the album tales, successful tours, and the fact that they've had the same line-up for 30+ years, they deserve it too.

None of this discredits Guns though. They deserve it based on the crazy amount of success they achieved in just a few years. It's really cool that they got in the first time, and the announcement certainly got people talking. I agree with the above post that no band "deserves it more" - there's plenty of great bands who should be in there.

Edited by Paul Stanley

I am definitely not a big kiss fan. They've got some okay tunes, never liked paul stanley's vocals much and gene simmons is one of the most annoying douchetards on this planet. That being said, I have heard many musicians talk about their influence in the 70's (second only to black sabbath). When you factor in the many hits, album sales, and affect on the spectacle of arena concerts, they should probably be in.

Fair post too! I can see why people don't like Gene, but personality stuff aside, again, like you said, there's the prominent hits, album sales, and so on.

Rush is another band who should be in there for the same reason. Progressive rock might not be everybody's cup of tea but I can't tell you how many musicians list the guys from Rush as an influence. Add in the album tales, successful tours, and the fact that they've had the same line-up for 30+ years, they deserve it too.

None of this discredits Guns though. They deserve it based on the crazy amount of success they achieved in just a few years. It's really cool that they got in the first time, and the announcement certainly got people talking. I agree with the above post that no band "deserves it more" - there's plenty of great bands who should be in there.

There's no question Guns deserve it. What they did in the 87-93 period is legendary. Very good/objective post by that guy too.

To say Kiss doesn't belong in the hall of fame is idiocy. Kiss are easily one of the most influential bands ever

Any serious musician will tell you even if they aren't crazy about Kiss that they are easily one of the bands who should be in the hall of shame.

Beastie Boys over Kiss? Gotta be kidding me...

That's your opinion, but I'm not an idiot and many others can't stand them either. :P I like almost all types of music too and like a few of their songs, but none are really "great" and nothing in particular whether it be vocals or any instrument sounds great either in my opinion.

I still have no idea why there is such an outcry over Rush all the time. i think they belong in, but they aren't as good as people imply all the time. ALmost all of their songs sound similar to each other. And kiss deosn't deserve to be anywhere near the HOF. I suppose if you just consider the "fame" part then maybe, but music-wise they have like 2 good songs.

I don't know if you've seen Rush live or not, but if you have you would understand the "outcry"

Greatest drummer/Bassist alive and Alex isn't half bad either.

I have seen them live 3 times and my mind was blown all three times

It definitely is a big outcry and rightly so Rush is amazing!

The one time I saw them live was absolutely stunning. Best concert I've ever been to. It's disgusting how they're not in the RNRHOF.

They seem to have it against bands that are progressive rock or power metal. The only prog band I can think of in the HOF is Pink Floyd. There's still Yes, King Crimson, ELP, all these bands with phenominal musicians writing magnum opuses. I mean has anyone ever heard Steve Howe and Robert Fripp? I guess they felt prog is too classical for rock and roll, yet they are letting in pop and rap acts. Prog is just as much of a subgenre of rock and roll if not more than rap and pop.

yeah fuck slash, his solos and riffs suck , o wait, wouldnt that mean appetite sucks?

I say he sucked after he quit GN'R. He hasn't done anything memorable since he left. Slash's Snakepit was basically an unfinished Guns N' Roses album. All it needed was finishing touches by Guns N' Roses members.

All those bands deserve to be in. I'm not going to be pissy and say "this band deserves it more".

Are you Eddie Trunk by any chance? Anyways. Whatever lineup of GN'R performs or whatever members/former members of GN'R play they should do at least three of the following songs.

Perfect Crime

So Fine

Chinese Democracy

The Garden

Obviously, We will hear at least two of these songs, Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child, November Rain, Paradise City, Estranged, Brownstone, Nightrain or It's So Easy, if not all of them

Edited by Death Star

To me, what matters is if the band had an affect on people, it could be one song or a body of work.

Case in point of an overlooked band: Axl said he wanted AFD to do as well as Boston's debut album did. All you need is one solid album.

i havent follow the hof much over the years, iv been reading articles that are saying "Guns N' Roses have become the first and only group to be inducted into the Hall of Fame on their first year of eligibility" is this true? I know enough to know that if any have done this it has not been many that get nominated on their first year of eligibility and for that matter picked to go in, so if this is true this is even more epic.

yeah fuck slash, his solos and riffs suck , o wait, wouldnt that mean appetite sucks?

I say he sucked after he quit GN'R. He hasn't done anything memorable since he left. Slash's Snakepit was basically an unfinished Guns N' Roses album. All it needed was finishing touches by Guns N' Roses members.

But Slash isn't getting inducted for his solo work lol. He's getting inducted for his work in Guns N Roses.

I say he sucked after he quit GN'R. He hasn't done anything memorable since he left.

Axl hasn't done anything memorable since Slash left.

:yawn:

another Axl vs Slash war... great...

I know, right? That's why it'll be interesting if the two hug it out on stage. I mean, then what? lol

Edited by Nintari

I say he sucked after he quit GN'R. He hasn't done anything memorable since he left.

Axl hasn't done anything memorable since Slash left.

:yawn:

another Axl vs Slash war... great...

I know, right? That's why it'll be interesting if the two hug it out on stage. I mean, then what? lol

The Pro-Axl will bash Slash for doing it only for the media and to invalidate the current GnR line-up

The pro-Slash will bash Axl for not wanting a reunion, album and tour with the guy he still hates

this will never end