Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan Of NuGN'R, Fan of old GN'R. What happened to being a fan of just GN'R?

Is Gilby not gettIng a mention in the HOF induction?

Will Teddy get a mention? He also played on UYI.

I'm very much ok with each member of GN'R being inducted.

On the topic of the discography issue, their "selected discography" blurbs are a fucking joke. Look at Alice Cooper: they list Welcome To My Nightmare (An Alice solo album, when it was the band that was inducted), while they only list 4 of the 7 Alice Cooper Group albums (Love It To Death, Killer, School's Out, and Billion Dollar Babies).

Actually, their whole website is a joke. On Black Sabbath's timeline, it says Never Say Die! is the "last Black Sabbath album" :lol:

I guess I didn't fully realize the shitstorm this was going to cause among the fanbase, lol. Just try to keep it respectful, people. The original guys are what made the band famous, the chemistry, the songs, the performances, the drama. You can love the new band, and still show respect for the guys who made Appetite and the Illusions (rather than making an ass of yourself). At the same time, the new guys are awesome, great performers with undeniable chemistry. You can love the old band without constantly whining and mocking the current group which is a rock n' roll juggernaut itself (and making an ass of yourself).

I am not interested in a reunion, on the one hand sure it would be cool to see but I am more than fine with the current group. (I just wish they actually released new music. That, however, is not their fault). That being said, I do hope Axl does at least one song with the Appetite lineup. I could care less about Steven Adler, but tend to feel some sympathy for the guy nowadays. I think almost everyone can admit this would be epic.

Couple of other things:

- Don't try to compare Tommy Stinson to Rob Gardner if you are over the age of 12.

- Real cool to see the Beasties get in there, and also Small Faces (great band!) I'm not much of a Chili Peppers fan, but they deserve it as well.

- Last but not least, congratulations to Guns n' Roses for the recognition!

Brilliant brilliant post. Amen.

The only thing I'll say is that I'm really starting to feel that Axl cannot afford to actually take the stage with the alumni. As fun/nostalgic as it might be in the moment- it will make his life a living hell (he would be pestered with reunionism to the millionth degree of what he already deals with) and it will also completely undermine the positive vibe and momentum he's finally got going with new Guns. Some part of me would love to see it- but the rational part of me realizes that it's just not worth it. Especially- when folks put down their weapons here (whether pro-Axl, pro-Slash, pro-whatever) and really stop and think a moment- they should realize that any kind of "reunion" would implode within weeks... It's just not worth it. Send Stevie a check. Let Adler's Appetite open some dates... or whatever... but I just don't think Axl can afford to get up there with them. Be gracious and congratulatory- but get the F out of town before the performance portion...

Almost brings tears to my eyes. If axl can't swallow his pride for 45u min to do this he is a real immature asshole, seriously. 3 songs. Get the award and continue nugnr. Fucking simple as that

I don't see how him no-showing makes him an immature asshole. Selling his soul to play for a bunch of biased record executives.

Almost brings tears to my eyes. If axl can't swallow his pride for 45u min to do this he is a real immature asshole, seriously. 3 songs. Get the award and continue nugnr. Fucking simple as that

I don't see how him no-showing makes him an immature asshole. Selling his soul to play for a bunch of biased record executives.

its doing what the majority of fans want, I don't think that is selling his soul

Old at heart, but I'm only 28 (next year). Haha.

20 years of following the greatest Rock band in the world.

Perhaps I would feel old if I didn't see Axl running all over the stage like a 20-something when I saw him in concert last month. Likewise, Steven Adler played a really fun show with his band. And Duff looks better today than he did back in the day. Call me crazy, but just seeing how good the original guys look and seeing them still relevant today makes me feel okay. Granted, I probably look older than all of them, but it's cool that my 19 year-old niece loves GNR, so it's not like I have to hear "who?" when I bring them up.