Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

Yeah, this thread has really gotten away from itself.

In an effort to bring it back, I wonder if fellow former GNR players might think of trying to reach out to Axl/Slash to have some sort of an agreement for the show. This will likely be a big deal for all people involved so I would think that they might want to have a meeting beforehand to see where everyone stands.

If I were Izzy, who seems to be on friendly terms with everyone, I'd call up Axl and see if he could get him to agree to meet with Slash and work something out just for the one night. I'd think an effort to clear the air would benefit everyone involved. I'm more hoping this for their sake, rather than the fans (who really aren't invited into the show anyway).

I know Axl views the Live Era albums as his way of saying goodbye to the old band, but this event really would be a better forum to make his peace with Slash and continue on with his current band. The five guys who made AFD and the seven who were involved in making the Illusion albums (including Matt and Dizzy) made some legendary music. Animosity could be set aside for one night to respect the accomplishment. As much as Axl likely would rather be shot in the head than appear on the same stage as Slash, he'd likely feel better about it once it was done.

Here's hoping for their sake anyway.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope guns n roses shows up. The former members, not so much....

hope all you want :rofl-lol:

Will do moreblack, if I wanted to see a few former members I'd YouTube black eyed peas, or put on celebrity rehab.

C'mon man I don't know why you feel spreading immature insults regarding Slash is going to make a point. Its just proof to not take you seriously

What about immature disses against the current line up?

Exactly.

So essentially your defense for posting that is "well they started it first"? C'mon man

Will do moreblack, if I wanted to see a few former members I'd YouTube black eyed peas, or put on celebrity rehab.

C'mon man I don't know why you feel spreading immature insults regarding Slash is going to make a point. Its just proof to not take you seriously

Exactly.

So essentially your defense for posting that is "well they started it first"? C'mon man

Dude this is a GNR forum....GNR should not get dissed.

See the difference?

Exactly.

Dude this is a GNR forum....GNR should not get dissed.

See the difference?

So you retaliate by posting ridiculous things regarding Slash? That is just going to make everything worse and I am sure you know that by now

^^fakegnr fans are so upset today

definitely a bad day for them

lmao

glad you posted this.

Fake GNR fan = someone that supports a lineup that no longers exists since 1989.

Real GNR fan = someone that's always supported the band through good and bad after all these years.

Hope that clears things up for your confused mind.

Edited by volcano62

From the RNR hof site...

"The band took a long break starting in 1994, but in the new millennium Axl Rose brought a brand new line-up of Guns N’ Roses on the road and in 2008 they released their long-awaited album Chinese Democracy. In recent years, Rose has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage - but he remains committed to the new lineup and they remain a touring juggernaut."

Interesting that they officially recognize the current line up. I think who gets inducted is a mixture of a decision between the band and the hall. As history has shown in the past with the hall, there is no formula as to criteria of who does and doesn't get in.

Edited by ohmygod

WTTJ.

Definitely has to be Welcome to the Jungle. It's what started it all for GNR!

Sweet Child of Mine would be cool too, but Jungle has to be performed live. I know Steven and Duff and Slash will definitely be there, they have said it, but do you think Steven will actually play with the band? Can he still play the songs without any problems? I wonder if Matt will show up too?

I hope Axl shows up. Yeah, he deserves to be there to accept this, so whatever the problems that still exist, let them go for a night. Put Duff and Steven between Axl and Slash if they have to, but I really hope the whole band shows up.

This is a super honor for them and thank God all original members are still alive to accept it. Whatever comes of it after is something I'm not thinking about. I would just love to see Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven onstage together even if it is the last time.

Anyone think Izzy will show up? I hope so. All 5 original members should be there for us fans. This will go down in history as one of the greatest moments in rock.

Congratulations to the Original GNR members.

I'm sorry, but after seeing the new members of GNR, I wouldn't call these guys fake at all! It's just a different band of talented musicians that Axl has hand picked to be in his band.

Why isn't anyone bitching about Slash's many bands and Duff's and even Steven's other bands.

If you people who are claiming that this new GNR are fake, then you need to get out there and see them play. These guys are awesome and seeing Axl interact with a band he likes is a wonderful thing to see!

Band members come and go for many amazing bands, but I"ve never seen fans of the original GNR still holding on and complaining about new members when it's been over 20 years already.

Let it go!

Open your mind and enjoy Axl and these new amazing band members.