Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why? it's about celebrating the fact that GNR 86-93 is worthy of hall of fame status

Ummm I mentioned this before...GNR is getting inducted for being GNR.

They are not inducting indivduals or a specific album :shrugs:

As much as I love GnR as it is right now, I don't lie to myself pretending the induct the band on SOD single.

They induct the AFD/UYI line-up

Axl/Izzy/Slash/Duff/Steven/Matt/Dizzy

they will of course mention that NuGnR has an album out and is planning on releasing CD II... That's it!

As much as I like this "Nu Gnr" (I hate that term) and think that as a band in itself are amazing there is no way they should ever even think about being inducted. CD was mediocore at best and everyone knows that GnR are getting inducted based on AFD,UYI and lies. There should be 7 people accepting this award:

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Stephen

Matt

Dizzy

I personnaly think that the new band would not even want to go up there and except an award as they are not stupid. They know who should accept the award as many of them grw up listing to guns n roses and know where the roots came from. I dont think they would do that to themselves.

PS Congradulations to the Best Rock n Roll band this world has ever had the privlage of listing too!!! Guns deserves it :thumbsup:

As much as I like this "Nu Gnr" (I hate that term) and think that as a band in itself are amazing there is no way they should ever even think about being inducted. CD was mediocore at best and everyone knows that GnR are getting inducted based on AFD,UYI and lies. There should be 7 people accepting this award:

Axl

Slash

Izzy

Duff

Stephen

Matt

Dizzy

I personnaly think that the new band would not even want to go up there and except an award as they are not stupid. They know who should accept the award as many of them grw up listing to guns n roses and know where the roots came from. I dont think they would do that to themselves.

PS Congradulations to the Best Rock n Roll band this world has ever had the privlage of listing too!!! Guns deserves it :thumbsup:

Steven bro. :thumbsup:

why? it's about celebrating the fact that GNR 86-93 is worthy of hall of fame status

Ummm I mentioned this before...GNR is getting inducted for being GNR.

They are not inducting indivduals or a specific album :shrugs:

As much as I love GnR as it is right now, I don't lie to myself pretending the induct the band on SOD single.

They induct the AFD/UYI line-up

Axl/Izzy/Slash/Duff/Steven/Matt/Dizzy

they will of course mention that NuGnR has an album out and is planning on releasing CD II... That's it!

Which is actually a "perfect" weekend from a new Guns perspective IMHO. IF Dizzy gets inducted that's two guys going in (Axl and Dizzy) with connection to new Guns and they can get a little promo off it for CD or CD II (should we be so lucky)- but nothing that seems like they're overtly trying to steal classic Guns' thunder at a ceremony that should really be about them...

Now Axl taking the stage with some version of classic Guns (should that ever happen) makes things a lot trickier for new Guns moving forward though. A lot... I think that's why I now expect Axl to show-up, express some gratitude, maybe say something about how much he enjoyed playing with Izzy and Duff in recent years, drop a new Guns reference or two and exit fairly quickly...

Slash and Miles. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Have fun with that joke.

Damn right I will. All records Slash have turned out except VR have destroyed CD, no reason for that not to happen again.

And Miles is just as good singing GNRsongs, as Ashba is playing GNRsongs. Same shit, different wrappings.

But to me who actually like the old band, Slash sounds a lot more like the old band. GnR were never this massive non-dynamic wall of sound, they were rock n roll at

it's best. Even though you and alot of others who praise the new band comes through as clueless massive little pieces of shit, you still need to understand that GNR would never be around if it weren't for us who like the old band! The only reason for CD to happen is that the old band were popular. The only reason 90% of the people in here know who the fuck Tommy, DJ, and Pitman are is because of what Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven did.

If Tommy gets in the HOF, it would be a Joke. Then Gilby, Matt and Teddy ZigZag could get in as well.

Anyway, who cares except ut in this forum. Noone knows who Tommy Stinson is anyway.

Slash and Miles. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: Have fun with that joke.

Damn right I will. All records Slash have turned out except VR have destroyed CD, no reason for that not to happen again.

And Miles is just as good singing GNRsongs, as Ashba is playing GNRsongs. Same shit, different wrappings.

But to me who actually like the old band, Slash sounds a lot more like the old band. GnR were never this massive non-dynamic wall of sound, they were rock n roll at

it's best. Even though you and alot of others who praise the new band comes through as clueless massive little pieces of shit, you still need to understand that GNR would never be around if it weren't for us who like the old band! The only reason for CD to happen is that the old band were popular. The only reason 90% of the people in here know who the fuck Tommy, DJ, and Pitman are is because of what Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven did.

If Tommy gets in the HOF, it would be a Joke. Then Gilby, Matt and Teddy ZigZag could get in as well.

Anyway, who cares except ut in this forum. Noone knows who Tommy Stinson is anyway.

CoolFace.png

Doesn't name the people but it says Steven remains skeptical singer axl rose will perform with THE ORIGINAL BAND.

That sentence certainly doesn't rule out Dizzy or Matt in any way.

That sentence is pure bullshit since there is no way the ORIGINAL BAND will perform.

Unless sb resurrects Ole Beich, ORIGINAL bass player, who drowned in a lake in 1991.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Beich

How many times do people need to read this to stop writing about reuniting the ORIGINAL BAND?

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven are the CLASSIC line-up, the AFD line-up, or the BEST line-up or whatever the fuck you want to call them... but NOT the ORIGINAL line-up

because the fact is the ORIGINAL BAND was:

Axl, Izzy, Tracii Guns (guitar), Ole Beich (bass), Rob Gardner (drums)

First performance on March 26, 1985

http://gnrontour.com/sets1985/19850326flyer.jpg

Learn it by heart for fuck's sake !

Seriously... just.. shut the fuck up!

I’m curious about who will actually be inducting them. I’ve read here that some one heard that it was going to be Steven Tyler? Anybody got any source or follow-up to that?

Other than that, I really do hope that Axl shows up. It should mean a lot to him if you think about it because he got to induct HIS hero Elton John back in ’94. To be put up there along side your idols would be an amazing thing imo.

I did have a very weird but awesome dream last night though. I dreamt that all of the original line-up was up on the stage while their respective band’s members were in the audience cheering them on and suddenly Axl and Slash and the rest of the band are like “stop, Stop, STOP! STFU!!!”. Then Axl launches into a rant about how ‘great an honour’ and stuff with the rest of them chiming in here and there. But the Axl’s like “...but we can’t accept this award.”

:Silence in the crowed:

They go on about how all the great bands that they have been inspired by have been ignored by the R&RHOF for years and stuff and basically tell the system to go fuck themselves (in true Gn’R fashion) and walk off stage. Later they do a gig nearby somewhere to basically celebrate their awesomeness XD

How cool (and totally unrealistic) would it be if it actually went down like that?!

Doesn't name the people but it says Steven remains skeptical singer axl rose will perform with THE ORIGINAL BAND.

That sentence is pure bullshit since there is no way the ORIGINAL BAND will perform.

Unless sb resurrects Ole Beich, ORIGINAL bass player, who drowned in a lake in 1991.

How many times do people need to read this to stop writing about reuniting the ORIGINAL BAND?

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven are the CLASSIC line-up, the AFD line-up, or the BEST line-up or whatever the fuck you want to call them... but NOT the ORIGINAL line-up

http://gnrontour.com...850326flyer.jpg

Why "shut the fuck up" ...Cause it makes too much sense for you Slasholes? :shrugs:

The semantics about what's "original" GNR is so lame.

Look, they're being inducted for the back catalog and what it meant for music, not because of being a sporadic touring force since 2001.

Probably NOT going to have ANY performance, and iffy on any personal appearances from "all" of the old band.

That's all fantasy.

And it's SO LAME whenever people say "what do you mean by original? the original had...." - you know who they mean, the RNR HOF people know, and everyone on the Earth who listens to GNR knows. Your knowledge of the band doesn't impress anyone. Use some common sense.

It never ceases to amaze me how people bicker on here sometimes...or should I say most of the time. This back and forth thing with who is GNR is ridiculous. But at times fun to read. :lol:

GNR did start with Tracii Guns and friends, and Axl and Izzy. Hence the Guns in Guns n Roses. Were they the original GNR? If you go by the definition of original, then yes they were. Were they the members that originally gave GNR their fame? No.

Duff apparently responded to an ad that Axl put in a local paper for a bass player. Tracii and friend(s) dropping out right before the gigs that Duff set up,was the reason Duff contacted Slash and Steven who were in their own "band" with revolving members (If I remember right, and chances are I don't, they may have been called Road Crew). This lead to the hell tour which made them VERY close and believed they could do whatever they wanted. And they could...except for stay together. Slash said very early on that if ANY member were to leave the band it would never be the same for the four remaining members. GNR as we knew it was doomed when Steven left. Izzy leaving was the frosting on the cake.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven are the reasons GNR are on the map. Whoever came and went after that is not the reason of the RRHOF induction or their tremendous popularity. I believe, and this is only my opinion, that the ones who say that NuGNR is the reason they are still on the map either wasn't alive, are too young to remember, or just don't remember the influence the band had on the public back then. And not just because they were so enormously popular but because it was a different time...a different atmosphere, things were just different. The "feeling" was different than it is today. Rock n Roll was different.

Believe me I am not trying to take anything away from NuGNR. I'm sure they are as great as all you that have been to their concerts have said. I wouldn't know as mine was cancelled, but I still very much hope to see them some day soon and I do like CD. But they are not the reason for the RRHOF induction as the GNR name would still be hugely remembered even if Axl did not continue on with new members.

I honestly think Axl may go to the ceremony as he said it is more for the fans and I know he likes pleasing his fans. I also think Slash and maybe Izzy will be there. I'm sure Duff and Steven will be there. They have all said that the media and some fans have made the "bad blood" between Axl and Slash larger than it is to them. I don't think they will perform together as I imagine that would require rehearsing together prior to the ceremony and I just can't see happening.

I say induct everyone past and present. Even Teddy, Tracy, Roberta and the other horns. Let's have like 20+ people on stage rocking out to Paradise City!

I mentioned in another thread I can at the very least see Axl showing up to accept the award. I base that on him not totally ruling it out on TMS like most people (myself included) thought he would. Standing on the stage for ten minutes to accept the award doesn't mean he has to hug and kiss Slash for the whole world to see. It'd be nice to just see a hand shake, a way of saying "Forget it, it's time to finally move on" and then accept the award together. They don't even have to do that publicly. As long as they stand there together, that'll say something in itself. I'm sure whoever is inducted will play, it's just up in the air as to whether or not Axl will join to sing. To me, that's less important than showing up and accepting the award. If Axl is there, it's good press for him anyways since most people probably don't expect it.

Who knows. Axl seems pretty happy right now and also pretty spontaneous so it's hard to say just yet.

I believe Axl will be there. He seemed to be alright with it during the TMS interview. Gonna be a lot of pissed off people if he pisses on their dreams of a reunion. For the record, I hope he pulls a Kanye West, and pisses on everyone's dreams.

http://gnrontour.com...850326flyer.jpg

Why "shut the fuck up" ...Cause it makes too much sense for you Slasholes? :shrugs:

It makes more sense to you, that's for sure. Maybe because you can't stop kissing the hired hands asses? :shrugs:

Will say it one more time:

Legendary, original and former Guns N' Roses: Axl Rose, Slash, Duff Mckagan, Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler.