Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

The induction ceremony last year was on HBO and it was like 4 hours long. All the inductees got their respective awards and then at the end they all came back for a huge medley. Bruce Sprinstien I think was the big deal last year. Also , Congrats to Axl and Slash and Duff and Izzy and Steven and everyone who came after. Do you guys think that if Guns had broke up before they released another album after AFD that they still would be inducted? I mean everyone assumes that they were inducted based on the strength of Appetite, so if that was their only album, would they still of gotten in? If your saying that it's the rest of their catalog along with AFD then Chinese has to be included. But I don't think any members of the current band will get on stage.

Edited by uzi your illusion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do understand Axl's frustration in a way.

Gotta sucks knowing whether he attends the event or not, that the original band being there representing "Guns N Roses" will get more attention, positive publicity, and media coverage than Axl's gotten in the past 15 years with Nu Guns...

:sigh: Always have to find a way to discredit Axl and the current line-up.

Don't you have a hobby? Candy Lane? barbie dolls?

GNR has worked and deserve it undoubtedly,without any snarky remarks from some 14 year old,who has done nothing with his life except Bitch incessantly :xmasschef2:

Gotta sucks knowing whether he attends the event or not, that the original band being there representing "Guns N Roses" will get more attention, positive publicity, and media coverage than Axl's gotten in the past 15 years with Nu Guns...

GNR has worked and deserve it undoubtedly,without any snarky remarks from some 14 year old,who has done nothing with his life except Bitch incessantly :xmasschef2:

Makes me want to see the new band get inducted just to laugh at the reunionites. And I'm completely against anyone but the AFD crew getting in. I would make an exception for the laughs I would get over all of the whining though.

That wasn't even an attempt to discredit the nu band gramps. Adjust your reading glasses. Just fact, and how I can kinda feel Axl on his hesitation about attending. All this attention and publicity, and it wouldn't even be about who's currently in the band known as "Guns N Roses" besides Axl, and maybe Dizzy. And it will certainly be more attention and coverage than the Nu band has ever gotten throughout the years. That's probably gotta urk him a little.

Edited by Bobbo

The induction ceremony last year was on HBO and it was like 4 hours long. All the inductees got their respective awards and then at the end they all came back for a huge medley. Bruce Sprinstien I think was the big deal last year. Also , Congrats to Axl and Slash and Duff and Izzy and Steven and everyone who came after. Do you guys think that if Guns had broke up before they released another album after AFD that they still would be inducted? I mean everyone assumes that they were inducted based on the strength of Appetite, so if that was their only album, would they still of gotten in? If your saying that it's the rest of their catalog along with AFD then Chinese has to be included. But I don't think any members of the current band will get on stage.

That was the RRHOF 25th concert, not the induction, & was a 2 day concert at MSG. Bruce was inducted years ago, I think Billy Joel was inducted the same year.

Alice Cooper, Tom Waits, Ashba's other "boss" Neil Diamond (who defended Streisand's honor and came off real cranky but funny) were inducted earlier this year. They stopped airing it live on Fuse and cut it down to 2 hours.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

If Axl decides to perform with the 80s GN’R; New GN’R finishes. Axl won’t be able to sustain New GN’R with the massive calls for a full-blown tour post-reunion performance.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

That wasn't even an attempt to discredit the nu band gramps. Adjust your reading glasses. Just fact, and how I can kinda feel about Axl's hesitation about attending. All this attention and publicity, and it wouldn't even be about who's currently in the band known as "Guns N Roses" besides Axl. And it will certainly be more attention that the Nu band has ever gotten throughout the years. That's probably gotta urk him a little.

I don't see how you can possibly come to that conclusion when Axl has spent most of the last 20 years trying to avoid attention. I would be more surprised if he attended this induction than if he skips it and doesn't give it any attention at all.

Makes me want to see the new band get inducted just to laugh at the reunionites. And I'm completely against anyone but the AFD crew getting in. I would make an exception for the laughs I would get over all of the whining though.

Ha! I'm on the road,and getting 20 mile vision! Got the CDblasting Shackers! Yes Damn Straight,any eeky feelings about the new lineup get in,would compensate for me rolling on the floor on hysterics and pissing on myself like Slash :lol::lol:

If Axl decides to perform with the 80s GN’R; New GN’R finishes. Axl won’t be able to sustain New GN’R with the massive calls for a full-blown tour post-reunion performance.

Know him that well eh' :lol:

That wasn't even an attempt to discredit the nu band gramps. Adjust your reading glasses. Just fact, and how I can kinda feel about Axl's hesitation about attending. All this attention and publicity, and it wouldn't even be about who's currently in the band known as "Guns N Roses" besides Axl. And it will certainly be more attention that the Nu band has ever gotten throughout the years. That's probably gotta urk him a little.

I don't see how you can possibly come to that conclusion when Axl has spent most of the last 20 years trying to avoid attention. I would be more surprised if he attended this induction than if he skips it and doesn't give it any attention at all.

The 14 million dollars and countless years spent on CD and the ten year tour that followed meant Axl probably wanted the nu band to make an impression somehow.

And now all the attention for the first half of 2012 will specifically be focused on the classic band, and just on the possibility they'll play again. LOL.

Edited by Bobbo

Yes, they'd go in. I think there would be more universal acclaim toward the original line-up, as well as a greater appreciation for the new band.

And the Chinese Democracy line-up shouldn't be included. I love the new band and I respect them entirely, but they're not the reason GN'R is going in. It's the same band, but a different band. Doesn't make sense, but it's the truth. It's like EVH's son going into the Hall of Fame for playing bass with Van Halen. Great, but come on? And I don't mean to disgrace the new band by any means. Again, I have and love Chinese Democracy and I'm here on the forum every tour night because I love them.

The 14 million dollars and countless years spent on CD and the ten year tour that followed met Axl probably wanted the nu band to make an impression somehow.

And now all the attention for the first half of 2012 will specifically be focused on the classic band.

And all of the interviews and publicity Axl participated in during that whole time span led you to believe that Axl cared about the press? It must have been that bitchslap to that cameraman right? The 14 million dollars weren't his so I have no idea how that is relevant to anything. I really don't understand your logic whatsoever.

Guns N' Roses

YOUNGSTOWN O-HI-O! Covelli Centre's our jungle tonight! So close yet still far away from the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. Congratulations to all the 2012 inductees and our sincerest thanks to the Hall's organizers, committee members and voting delegates who supported the GN'R induction - it's a humbling honor to be recognized on this first ballot. While it's so easy to get hyped up on awards and recognition of the now, let's never forget the soldiers who fight for the freedom we enjoy. ESPECIALLY on this day 70 years ago at Pearl Harbor, the lagoon in Hawaii where the ultimate price was paid. REMEMBER December 7th is the day to commemorate the Japanese attack that drew the United States into World War II. TODAY is PEARL HARBOR DAY ☮

Will also be interesting to see if Frusciante shows with RHCP. Didn't seem to be that bad of blood between him and Anthony when he left, but he's the type that would seem even less interested in this type of award than Axl.

Going to be a fun, interesting event for sure.

Just found this:

Do you think that John Frusciante will come to the induction?

Ummm... Wow. It would be a guess on my behalf on whether or not he'll come. I can't imagine that he would, but it's a "you never know" kind of thing. I haven't talked to him in quite a while. I don't know where he's at these days. He'll obviously be more than welcome, and embraced if he does. If he doesn't, that's cool too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/anthony-kiedis-on-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-my-dad-cried-when-i-told-him-20111207

That wasn't even an attempt to discredit the nu band gramps. Adjust your reading glasses. Just fact, and how I can kinda feel Axl on his hesitation about attending. All this attention and publicity, and it wouldn't even be about who's currently in the band known as "Guns N Roses" besides Axl, and maybe Dizzy. And it will certainly be more attention and coverage than the Nu band has ever gotten throughout the years. That's probably gotta urk him a little.

Awww,you lose again,I have contact lenses. :monkey:

You "feel" Axl?? A poster or an action doll? That is disturbing :confused:

Last question,BoBo is "URK" a slang term for Urkel?

I'm heading to GNR!! Nothing can spoil my world,not even this shitty rental from the airport. :xmassrudolph:

The 14 million dollars and countless years spent on CD and the ten year tour that followed met Axl probably wanted the nu band to make an impression somehow.

And now all the attention for the first half of 2012 will specifically be focused on the classic band.

And all of the interviews and publicity Axl participated in during that whole time span led you to believe that Axl cared about the press? It must have been that bitchslap to that cameraman right? The 14 million dollars weren't his so I have no idea how that is relevant to anything. I really don't understand your logic whatsoever.

Of course you don't.

The 14 million dollars wasn't his, but he spent all that money for the record, and spent all that time working perfecting the record. The label actually did cut funding eventually, and then he had to start self financing it. I personally think he had a weird logic when it came to the press, as in he wanted the music to blow people away all on it's own. Which is why I think he took so long to finish it.

Now all the attention is focused on the old band. Even if Axl doesn't show up, the old band will still get a ton of mainstream attention and recognition than the current incarnation has ever gotten.

I'm heading to GNR!! Nothing can spoil my world,not even this shitty rental from the airport. :xmassrudolph:

You can nitpick my post all you want, but it just shows how pathetic you are for having to get petty instead of actually trying to dispute my point. You're so weak and stumped. It's so funny how it shows through your posts.

Edited by Bobbo

You can nitpick my post all you want, but it just shows how pathetic you are for having to get petty instead of actually trying to dispute my point. You're so weak and stumped. It's so funny how it shows through your posts.

BRILLIANT BOBO!! (Golf clap) you are amusing,please post more to keep my happy ass awake!! Okay "URK"? :lol:

BRILLIANT BOBO!! (Golf clap) you are amusing,please post more to keep my happy ass awake!! Okay "URK"? :lol:

Nah, no need to play this petty back and forth.

Today's too great of a day. I personally can't wait until Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, and maybe Matt and Dizzy get the recognition and respect they deserve for their contributions to Guns N Roses. And that's all I really care about.