You can say whatever about Axl but...

MishoGunsNRoses

I feel embarrassed after watching half of that video...not just embarrassed for the "artist", but for human beings, as a species, for eating up that fucking garbage, and giving him the money and means to continue making terrible music. The movie Idiocracy comes to mind.

You're embarrassed that humanity don't all share your taste in music? That's sad. I know people who see all modern music as inferior to classical (which is true), but not that they're embarrassed for humanity that rock n' roll exists. To be embarrassed that people like other music than what you like is really just sad for you that you have to be so closed minded.

And for what its worth, if you want to connect this to late starts: Axl is acting out his fantasy of what rock n' roll was in the 80s, with bands being late just to be late, while Mick stays relevant. Not sure how that's a good thing. Mick keeps an open mind and stays relevant, and that is why he is a god among men. When GNR almost played with the Stones in 2006, who was gonna open for who?

I feel embarrassed after watching half of that video...not just embarrassed for the "artist", but for human beings, as a species, for eating up that fucking garbage, and giving him the money and means to continue making terrible music. The movie Idiocracy comes to mind.

You're embarrassed that humanity don't all share your taste in music? That's sad. I know people who see all modern music as inferior to classical (which is true), but not that they're embarrassed for humanity that rock n' roll exists. To be embarrassed that people like other music than what you like is really just sad for you that you have to be so closed minded.

And for what its worth, if you want to connect this to late starts: Axl is acting out his fantasy of what rock n' roll was in the 80s, with bands being late just to be late, while Mick stays relevant. Not sure how that's a good thing. Mick keeps an open mind and stays relevant, and that is why he is a god among men. When GNR almost played with the Stones in 2006, who was gonna open for who?

I'm sure that people will think less of MJ after seeing this. I listen to a lot of music, but this is just pop music, they use dubstep (because all the cool kids listen to it, change the beats, soften them, insert lame lyrics and just try to sell it to the public, it's the same thing with the VAMPIRES) and not even good pop music. I hope that you are gettin what's the point here.

I get the point perfectly: that you see something so much better inherent in rock music that makes pop music totally insignificant and likeable only to morons. Mick is friends with BEP - see the RnR HoF concerts in NY a couple years back. This is no different than Axl singing on Baz' record or vice versa. Friends in the music business work together. You may not like one or both of them, but it happens, and it's no better or worse. This is a perfectly fine piece of pop music. I'm sure it isn't up to your all-knowing standard of quality.

Sooo what are you trying to say exactly? Are you belittling me and calling me close minded because I'm disgusted by that song, and they type of "music"? Think what you want...you're a random idiot (sorry, that's unnecessary... I just saw your pro wrestling thing...)on the internet, so it doesn't mean anything, but I am far from close minded...I listen to and can appreciate any genre of music when there is real inspiration, and something worth expressing is expressed...whether it's Tupac, Alanis Morissette, Garth Brooks, etc. This is not music...like the guy a few posts up said, it's boring, simple lyrics over a simplified dubstep beat, to cater to the most popular current fad in pop culture....which is why I feel bad for those who think it is real music.

Edited by DrBrownstone

Guest Len B'stard

I think people that think less of musicians because they make or don't make a particular kind of music are quite strange. I mean firstly, Mick never claimed an undying allegiance to any particular kind of music. He just makes music, enjoys it but he's always been very...blaise about the whole notion of being a purist of any kind. He just seems to see music as fun/entertainment. Lets face it, the notion that he was a white person that tried to do bluesy stuff is pretty much indicative of the fact that he's not a very puritanical person. In fact, based on that sentence (as well as other things) i think i'd go so far as to say that Mick was part of something that stood for the obliteration of that sort of thing.

That was sort of the thing with the Stones, dipping their toes in all ends of the American musical spectrum...or a fair few anyway. And since the beginning of his career he's tried his hand at most sorts of music that he felt his style could pull off, Disco, Pop, Rock, Blues, Folk, Country...why is this at all suprising to anyone?

A musicians a musician. It's their job to make music. You don't have a go at a shoemaker for making loafers and then maybe boots the next day. People assign way too much zeal to this shit, it's just music, it's entertainment, why do you stuffy fuckers have to suck all the fun out of it by turning it into like...a religion or something, some sort of established order, i thought the whole idea of music and being into this kind of stuff was that you could just re-fucking-lax and have fun and throw the rulebook out the window?

These ideas of what people say the Stones represent and are about are something dreamt up by other people. They are to do more with an idea that the audience has built up in their heads about who The Stones are and what they represent and have little to do with The Stones themselves, except perhaps Keith. Mick, Ronnie and Charlie pretty much just seem to have fun doing what they do, i've never seen their signature on any declaration of allegiance to this, that or the other.

I mean, certain artists claim certain ideals and more power to them, i like a lot of em but don't start dreaming up and inventing your own rules and standards and ideals on the behalf of other people. Have you spoken to Mick Jagger? Did you ask him if he wanted to be a part or representative of your particular militia?

In short, relax, you'll live longer ;)

Edited by sugaraylen

To try to crucify Mick for this is to not know the man at all. You realize he's always, ALWAYS had one finger on the pulse of all the new music? He tries new stuff all the time with modern music. Whatever's new and exciting to him, he'll do. So what if it's not rock? so what?

He definitely could have picked a better artist than will.i.am to do it with.

There's a very big difference between being open minded and being mindless. That was one of the worst songs and videos I've ever experienced. That was a low for all artists involved. I would ask anybody claiming to like that to defend why they like it and what they are getting out of it. That thing was a parody of itself. I'd much rather watch the following:

Ask yourself honestly and objectively, which song/video has more merit in its presentation, lyrical content, and melody? Unfortunately I would have to answer it is the one I posted.

I haven't commented on music for a few years here. That's because I feel it's pointless to argue over what are just people's preferences. I can appreciate differences in music that will attract some and push away others. I didn't think I would come back here to comment negatively or comparatively about music again, but this one was just that bad that I didn't feel I could go away without saying how poorly this reflects on pop culture, if indeed this video/song is/was well-received.

"I'm gonna be the owner,

be a thought donor

I'm gonna go hard

like a mother fuckin' boner."

Poetry. It did make me :blink::lol: though.

Edited by DirtyDeeds