New Sorum Interview about breakup- not much new?

axl666

This is probably a Dust N' Bones topic, but I wonder what Matt though of Chinese Democracy and if it sounded like he thought it would. It seems a lot of the band members at the time of the breakup, were worried about Axl's music ambitions. After years of hearing about Axl's obsession with industrial music I was surprised how rocking the songs were.

This is probably a Dust N' Bones topic, but I wonder what Matt though of Chinese Democracy and if it sounded like he thought it would. It seems a lot of the band members at the time of the breakup, were worried about Axl's music ambitions. After years of hearing about Axl's obsession with industrial music I was surprised how rocking the songs were.

I wanna hear that 1999 Robin-Huge-Stinson-Freese album. Was supposed to be industrial and dark as shit a la OMG. Per that South American radio interview in 2001(?) the label suggested he rework the songs into what we got in 2008. Too bad.

I wanna hear that 1999 Robin-Huge-Stinson-Freese album. Was supposed to be industrial and dark as shit a la OMG. Per that South American radio interview in 2001(?) the label suggested he rework the songs into what we got in 2008. Too bad.

Too bad for you, not too bad for me. :thumbsup:

Don't forget Pitman!

Buckethead came in and changed the sound, which is good because even the most open minded fans wouldn't be ready for an Industrial album.

If I remember correctly- and that's no guarantee- Sorum said he liked Chinese Democracy and that he was pleasantly surprised that there were quite a few "toe-tappers" on the album or something...

Don't forget Pitman!

Buckethead came in and changed the sound, which is good because even the most open minded fans wouldn't be ready for an Industrial album.

Oh yeah Pit(t)man - I knew I was forgetting someone. Maybe the fans wouldn't have been ready for it but it woulda got more press and woulda made more impactful had it come out back then. I know its easy to talk about hypothetical music as being awesome but the truth is CD was way too tinkered with and it woulda been badass to have an album of uncompromising dark n' raw songs. Oh well woulda coulda shoulda. Now I'd just be happy to hear Robin's "SRV-type solo" but I'm afraid he's gonna have DJ record over it. SUcks!

Don't forget Pitman!

Oh yeah Pit(t)man - I knew I was forgetting someone. Maybe the fans wouldn't have been ready for it but it woulda got more press and woulda made more impactful had it come out back then. I know its easy to talk about hypothetical music as being awesome but the truth is CD was way too tinkered with and it woulda been badass to have an album of uncompromising dark n' raw songs. Oh well woulda coulda shoulda. Now I'd just be happy to hear Robin's "SRV-type solo" but I'm afraid he's gonna have DJ record over it. SUcks!

I doubt they will re-record the entire album, they might tweak things a bit but I think they will leave it as it is and move on to another album.

Don't forget Pitman!

Don't forget Dizzy either... According to him anyway- he and Pitman were part of the earliest sketching of concepts, programming, etc. with that line-up...

*I do realize that Dizzy (and Pitman too) is frequently left out whenever the alleged "Finck-Huge-Stinson-Freese" album from '99 or so is ever discussed though...

Anyway- I agree- would be cool as hell to hear that '99 album. It's like a "missing chapter" in Axl's artistic expression that we will likely never get to fully experience...

Yeah I doubt Axl will erase or record over something he considers to be great like that Robin solo he mentioned.

He kept Bucket's There Was A Time outro solo and many of his other solos on Chinese Democracy. He kept what he saw as his best work

or essential. I trust him to keep the really good stuff from Robin and Bucket but I'm still a bit concerned to be honest

that some stuff will be lost.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah I doubt Axl will erase or record over something he considers to be great like that Robin solo he mentioned.

He kept Bucket's There Was A Time solo and many of his other work on Chinese Democracy. He kept what he saw as his best work

or essential. I trust him to keep the really good stuff from Robin and Bucket but I'm still a bit concerned to be honest

I worry too, but it helps me sleep better at night thinking Axl will never over-record great guitar solos by Buckethead and Robin. I mean he could have over-recorded Buckethead's solos with Ron. Easily. Instead Ron got four tracks, one he shares with Buckethead in Riad. It was like they were in the same studio even though they were recorded years apart. It was still bad ass :thumbsup:

Damn! It's sad to read about the breakup.

Now they all know what they should've done but it's too late.

Scumcat,I owe you an apology for acting like a shithead in the previous encounter.

As for the topic,the contempt had been building for awhile.

He kept Bucket's There Was A Time solo and many of his other work on Chinese Democracy. He kept what he saw as his best work

I worry too, but it helps me sleep better at night thinking Axl will never over-record great guitar solos by Buckethead and Robin. I mean he could have over-recorded Buckethead's solos with Ron. Easily. Instead Ron got four tracks, one he shares with Buckethead in Riad. It was like they were in the same studio even though they were recorded years apart. It was still bad ass :thumbsup:

100% agreed. I love Bumble as a guitar player in Gn'r and as a solo artist. I like him on Chinese Democracy. He added a lot of cool stuff.

Also, Axl mentioned that srv type solo after the album was released I think, also saying in other occasion it's the same players.

I think he has enough repsect for the work of Robin and Bucket for us to get to hear their great work if another album is released,

which I think it will.

I think Noel did. said it was ludicrous it took 15 years to make or something. Liam should join VR.

This is actually quite a lengthy insightful Matt. Now he expects to get kick round the Internet and blamed for the financial crisis.