Zakk Wylde to join GNR?

GibsonLP

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately this "logic" you refer to was based on a misinterpretation of my original post. All he did was expand the basics of what I said into something ludicrous and then shoot it down

I find it more unfortunate that you are jumping to conclusions about Ron leaving the band when nothing he has said has implied this. He just needs time to be with his family. With the tour drawing to a close, he will have plenty of that. He obviously enjoys his time with the band so I have no idea how you are jumping to this conclusion.

If certain posters couldnt start rumors,jump to conclusions, and get all aggro over percieved situations and issues, that minuscule bit of grey matter lodged in their skulls would see no action whatsoever. :xmassrudolph:

No. He couldn't do all Ron's stuff and I think Ron will make it to the end of this tour.

I'm thinking after Las Vegas. Who else with a big name would you suggest then?

You don't need a big name... look at Ron for example. He was an unknown before GNR.

And don't worry, Bumble will be fine. I'm convinced that he's an attention whore at this point. If he was hurting so bad, why is he running back and forth on stage?

Total BS. Anyone who buys it is naive.

Why would he want to get attention by crying in front of some guns n roses fans and mentioning his family worries lol seems a bit of a drastic measure for some attention, I don't think he wanted attention just seemed really emotional and exhausted, happens to the best of us.

All I can think of how often Zakk would play pinch harmonics during one of the songs.... :xmassrudolph:

But no way would Zakk play, he's far more blues oriented and just a shreder, stuff like Shackler's Revenge and such are a little harder to pull off, but there is also the challenge of the dual necked guitar. Plus BLS is kind of the reason he is not in Ozzy, so I'm pretty sure for this and many other reasons, Zakk will stay.

I'm thinking after Las Vegas. Who else with a big name would you suggest then?

Id rather have somebody who could fit in the band and play the songs than worry about what their name was. :shrugs:

I think Axl's probably a bit over the whole 'Axl and a bunch of unknowns' tag which keeps getting thrown at them in every review

What is this? 1995?

The reason Zakk was unsuitable in 1995 was because the band needed a rhythm player and not another lead player to compete with Slash. It's quite a different scenario now

Slash didn't want to be upstaged.

Anyway Zakk can't play like Bucket and BBF....not his style.

Hahaha Zakk "upstaging" Slash. Zakk would be lucky to be on his level.

You don't need a big name... look at Ron for example. He was an unknown before GNR.

Maybe in the bigger general rock consciousness he was relatively unknown but in guitar player circles he was already quite respected. Obviously he's not got the level of fame as the likes of Vai, Satch etc but a lot of guitar noobs (don't mean that in a derogatory way, just people really into guitar) would have known of him.

Maybe in the bigger general rock consciousness he was relatively unknown but in guitar player circles he was already quite respected. Obviously he's not got the level of fame as the likes of Vai, Satch etc but a lot of guitar noobs (don't mean that in a derogatory way, just people really into guitar) would have known of him.

That's all very obvious. And people within the scientific community could probably name a few respected astronauts working at NASA right now. You know, in the astronaut and cosmonaut circles and all of that. But if you ask Joe Blow to name an astronaut, they're going to say Neil Armstrong or Buzz Aldrin.

The point is, unless your layman/casual music listener knows who you are, you're a nobody going nowhere. Why? They're the ones that buy music and put people on the map. That's why Slash is one of the most known guitar figures in the world, and Bumble is not. Talent and ability goes about as far as a kid can throw a bag of potatoes in the entertainment industry.

Even now, Bumble has MAYBE only been heard of your casual music fan because of his contributions to GNR so far. And lets not get carried away there, either. GNR isn't exactly experiencing wave after wave of Beatlemania like the old band did.

At the end of the day, it's a good business decision to join GNR in today's world. It's a steady paycheck, helps to get your name out there a bit and expand one's brand, and it's really easy to screw with diehards on fan forums for GNR with arguably fictional or exaggerated woes.

People who read guitar magazine and searched long enough for a bad ass shredder have heard of Bumblefoot.

Joe Satriani has heard of him. He was the one who recommended him for Guns N' Roses. Thank God he doesn't bring his foot guitar to the shows.

With all due respect, your casual music fan doesn't read Guitar Magazine. Or any music magazine, at all.

People who read guitar magazine and searched long enough for a bad ass shredder have heard of Bumblefoot.

Joe Satriani has heard of him. He was the one who recommended him for Guns N' Roses. Thank God he doesn't bring his foot guitar to the shows.

With all due respect, your casual music fan doesn't read Guitar Magazine. Or any music magazine, at all.

Yeah, just the literate ones read.

Ugh. I like Zakk and all but no he's not for Gnr. Cant stand all the pinch harmonics. Restrain yourself.

This, is the best post on this topic..... Zakk i like ya dude i do. However I cant stand the pitch/tone of your guitar work, why i've never been a fan. I didnt even like your work with Ozzy who I do like. To me Ozzy has three great albums, and none Zakk play on, if there are any ozzie fans out there check out the disk he did with Jerry Cantrell-Under Cover, decent cover stuff but killer axe work.. But Zakk wont work he cant do Bucketheads/Bumbles work...

He did bring his foot guitar to shows. It was damaged from wear and tear on the road during the 2006 tour. He'd use it for his solo spot.