KERRANG! will the Guns N'Roses reunion finally happen?

vaida

I really hate the way they talk about Axl. Kind of makes me wanna punch whoever wrote this in the face.

And I love Slash, but the way he is constantly praised and applauded for everything, while Axl gets trashed by these media types, makes me understand why Axl is so reclusive and rarely gives interviews and stuff.

Also, keeping the feud alive with these types of articles sure does nothing to help faciliate a reunion of any sort.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What fuckin' reunion? :rofl-lol:

GNR never broke up only some members decided to move on.

What reunion? A reunion of the 5 guys on Kerrang! The 5 original Gunners. The ones that 99% of the public knew & loved and wants back. Axl's current version is fun/fine and actually plays the GnR songs damn well but it aint GnR. Thats the truth. Get over it.

Are you Mick Wall's retarded cousin?

How do you come to the conclusion that "most people want the original lineup back?"

It's really macabre that you haven't taken notice to the Adverts,and posters announcing and publicizing the upcoming dates all say "Guns N' Roses"

If Duff doesn't have a problem opening for them,why have you got crabby panties. About it? :xmassrudolph:

Edited by sailaway

What reunion? A reunion of the 5 guys on Kerrang! The 5 original Gunners. The ones that 99% of the public knew & loved and wants back. Axl's current version is fun/fine and actually plays the GnR songs damn well but it aint GnR. Thats the truth. Get over it.

If you can't bring yourself to realize that and move on with your life, you should seek help from something more than a forum.

LOL. Nice one. Good humor. (yes-I'm laughing at your rip of me) :rofl-lol:

Edited by Snowmass

Lol at the nuguns hate, almost makes me not want a reunion to happen, the current band are great

+1.

I'm so fuckin' pissed at the narrow-minded fucks who think they have to hate the new band to demonstrate their love for the old band that it comes to a point I, sometimes, hope Axl is a no-show at the RRHOF...

Are you Mick Wall's retarded cousin?

How do you come to the conclusion that "most people want the original lineup back?"

It's really macabre that you haven't taken notice to the Adverts,and posters announcing and publicizing the upcoming dates all say "Guns N' Roses"

If Duff doesn't have a problem opening for them,why have you got crabby panties. About it? :xmassrudolph:

It really is common sense that most of the general public still prefers the old band over the nu band, and would probably take a reunion, whether it was for the right reasosn or not, over what we have now. t's been over a decade and a half, and still people go nuts over just the thought of the old band reuniting. It may be "Guns N' Roses" by the legal powers that be, but the general public sees this as Axl's solo venture and a cover band. Not saying the music is bad, but most look at what was and what is as two seperate things.

I don't consider it "common sense",nor you as a purveyor of such.

When I attend a concert ie: get tix,arrange transportation and lodging I don't get blindsided as to who is in the band.

People as a species,are resistant to change. Sometimes things end so other things can begin.

I'm on my way to Seattle to see Guns N' Roses tonight ;)

See ya Bobo,nice hearing from ya again :lol:

Edited by sailaway

I'm just telling ya the general public's perception of things, as it is pretty obvious. It's not so much a case of "resistance to change" as it is to people not buying this is the same band that created gigantic hits and albums of the past my opinion. The nu band is great covering the material, but a cover's still a cover.

Do you honestly think that the majority of fans wouldn't prefer to see axl, slash, izzy, duff, and steven (or even matt) over what is seen as "Guns N' Roses" now? I mean look at the article that was linked in the tweet that confirmed who was getting inducted. Despite how far fetched the concept of a reunion is, people would still go ape shit over it. The nu band is a great trip now memory lane, but they have yet to win the majority of fans over with their own material. The poster you quoted was a bit overly cynical, but he does have a point.

So,you have duely appointed yourself to be "the voice of the general public?" How grandiose :lol:

Must keep you pretty busy,I would imagine.

Hate to burst your little self - righteous bubble Bobo,but GNRs is clicking on all eights.

I don't see where the passive-agressive diatribes are necessary nor needed.

I'm a bit confused by your oxymoronic stealth tactics "they have yet to win a majority of the fans over?" If they need to be "won over" then they aren't fans. :rolleyes:

Speaking of "move on" maybe it's time for Axl and crew to move on. IE-one "new" album (of mostly Axl's writing/composing) in 20 years and promoting/playing same "new" material for past 10 years. WTF it's been a few years since CD. Can we get a new album soon? Or play some new songs (it's well documented he wrote & recorded a bunch of other songs)

Edited by Snowmass

The decision should be left up to Axl as to who gets inducted and which members of GNR perform. His band, his vision.

Borrowing from SOA's Kurt Sutter's quote and changing a couple of words, Axl could've said this - "The day I write an album where every song pleases every critic is the day I turn in my originality card. My mind, my music, my vision. Your blog, your subjective opinion, your corn chips."

Never said I was the voice of the general public guy, just saying that I don't live under a rock, and that the preference of the general fan is still with the old band. The desire for a reunion wouldn't be as highly anticipated if people were totally and completely satisfied with gnr as it stands. That doesn't necesarily mean that they can't enjoy the nu band for what they are, nor am I saying that they don't kick ass live. But they haven't proved they can pack the same punch through their own material, and a great cover is still a cover.

Except for the last sentence, I agree with all this.

Let's refer to another band. When Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith left, the general opinion was that Janick Gers and Blaze Bayley suck and Iron Maiden was dead. It didn't matter how much ass The X Factor kicks in real life. People still dismissed it and labeled Maiden dead.

That's kind of how I see nuGuns. The general public dismisses them without even giving them a shot and consider Guns dead. It doesn't matter how much ass ChD kicks. People still dismiss it and label GN'R dead.

And that's a real shame.

Speaking of "move on" maybe it's time for Axl and crew to move on. IE-one "new" album (of mostly Axl's writing/composing) in 20 years and promoting/playing same "new" material for past 10 years. WTF it's been a few years since CD. Can we get a new album soon? Or play some new songs (it's well documented he wrote & recorded a bunch of other songs)

Axl has to keep the cards close to his vest on new music, he doesn't want record company pressure when the songs are in different states of completion. Once they're halfway through it, I think he'll reveal more and they can start figuring the next plan of attack out - maybe work some of the songs out on the road on a short tour, and then go back to the studio and finish it up. I do think it'll come together pretty fast once the wheels are set in motion.

Yeah this whole thread makes me love nuGuns even more. I am convinced that 99% of fans are retarded. Yes that is an exaggeration. But these fuckheads wants to hear the same shit over and over again. Slash has never evolved and never will. He is stuck in 1987. I am sick and tired of everyone kissing his ass, acting like he's a fucking angel. What has he done since Guns N' Roses that was remotely good? Velvet Revolver? Even Scott says that Axl may not the the only reason Guns N' Roses "broke up".

I hope Axl sticks to his word that one of them will die before any of the former Guns gets back into the band. If this was 20 years ago, of course I'd pick Slash, but now give me DJ Ashba anyday. At least he is a positive influence in the band.

The decision should be left up to Axl as to who gets inducted and which members of GNR perform. His band, his vision.

Borrowing from SOA's Kurt Sutter's quote and changing a couple of words, Axl could've said this - "The day I write an album where every song pleases every critic is the day I turn in my originality card. My mind, my music, my vision. Your blog, your subjective opinion, your corn chips."

All not Axl's vision. Without the other 4, Axl wouldn't have those all important *classic* songs to perform.

Looks like you are part of that 99% MATE,have you even been to one of the Nuguns shows 75% of there song list is the same shit (as you put it) ive got nothing against the other band members but people go and see them for one reason Axl Rose and to hear those songs, i bet most people wouldnt even now the new songs,and i dont think anyone is saying Slash is a angel either, ALL the guys had problems which let to the end of the band and to say Slash has done nothing since GnR is a fuckin joke VR and his solo stuff is some of the best music goin around,face it you cant have the Nu without the OLD.

Never said I was the voice of the general public guy, just saying that I don't live under a rock, and that the preference of the general fan is still with the old band. The desire for a reunion wouldn't be as highly anticipated if people were totally and completely satisfied with gnr as it stands. That doesn't necesarily mean that they can't enjoy the nu band for what they are, nor am I saying that they don't kick ass live. But they haven't proved they can pack the same punch through their own material, and a great cover is still a cover.

Except for the last sentence, I agree with all this.

Let's refer to another band. When Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith left, the general opinion was that Janick Gers and Blaze Bayley suck and Iron Maiden was dead. It didn't matter how much ass The X Factor kicks in real life. People still dismissed it and labeled Maiden dead.

That's kind of how I see nuGuns. The general public dismisses them without even giving them a shot and consider Guns dead. It doesn't matter how much ass ChD kicks. People still dismiss it and label GN'R dead.

And that's a real shame.

Well I personally think that had the music been more universal, it would've been accepted a bit better among fans. Not suggesting carbon copies of Appetite, but it could've sound less like a serious departure to the previous GNR sound. Not only were the players different, but the sound was drastically different, which to me, added fuel to that fire. However, I also think that had people dug the music for what it was, it wouldn't have mattered who played on it. Yes, I know there were the negative skeptics, but that argument kind of fades, as we had an equal amount of Axl worshippers, that the band could've produced an album full of fart noises and they would've said "it's too intellectual for the common fan". If people had dug the music, it would've become a Van Hagar type of ordeal. I just personally think that the music left most of the casual fans puzzled, and it was what it was.

As for the debate at hand, a member posted that "99% of the common fans want the classic band back together", that was easily dismissed by another user. And while I'll admit the 99% part was an exaggeration, I think his main point was that most fans would still prefer to see Slash on lead guitar with Axl, instead of Ashba. How people can think that's false is a wee bit mindboggling to me...

Yeah, this is the one thing we've never been able to agree on. I think it would've been a Van Hagar type of thing, too, except they waited 15 years, and people got tired of waiting and turned it into a joke.

And yes, an overwhelming majority of people in general prefer the old band to the new band. If anybody thinks otherwise, you need to get out more.

Slash will always be the good guy and Axl will always be the bad guy. What matters is that we know the truth and the truth is that neither of them were good or bad.

And the only reason VR is still getting radio play is because the songs they wrote were radio songs. If I hear a VR song following a Beatles or a Zeppelin song, I am going to change the station.

Edited by BirdCatcher

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

Bunch o' tarts these fuckin rockstars eh? Fuck em Dazey, me and you should start a band! The Curry & Puddin' Revue. It'll be a performance art thing, i'll stand there strumming the one chord while strippers sit on your face. If it don't go down to well we could always just tell Bernard Manning jokes for the encore?

"Englishman, Irishman and a Pakistani walk into a pub..."

Kerrang's been full of shit for years, suddenly they want to discuss guns n roses again to shift some copies and rag on Axl, what do you expect to get from a magazine that usually has trendy products like Bring Me The Horizon and You Me At Six adorning their pages and channel, the fans won't respect what Axl did in the past, it'll just be a good topic to say oh he's a washed up asshole who needs Slash to make good music lulz and he doesn't bother trying to be hip with all the media these days so there's no real reason for them to give an unbiased view.

Edited by RandallFlagg