had to get in an argument at work christmas party

axlslashduffizzysteven

What the fuck? Is he deaf? He's obviously never heard the album. You could have put him in his place even more if you'd wanted to. But good thing it was Christmas. If he'd said ignorant shit like that to me, he wouldn't have been so lucky. Jesus or not.

yea exactly. it didnt even make any sense. he's clearly making it up completely for god knows what fucking reason. i was like axl sounds as good as he's ever sounded. you can call it over-produced, with a bunch of guys who have nothing to do with guns n roses if you want, but dont talk shit about the way axl sounds.

"To be honest, I'm a Guns N' Roses fan and to my extensive knowledge of the band I am 100% certain your information is incorrect. Feel free to provide me and others listening with actual proof of this and you will receive from me the sum of $1.000.000 in cash, and by law and with others present here to witness this statement, this can be deemed as a verbal contract."

If you would have said that in a calm and clear voice there would've been nobody that would question you.

But I guess you left it to "yeah so!" "nuh-uh!" terms, which frankly was a childish argument.

I'm sure Axl did. Most if not all artists do. Just read the booklet for CD, it's all there. A lot of people hear autotune and think of Kanye West type singing which is intentionally overdone to have that odd sound. Proper use of autotune just makes the vocals more clear, which is more than likely the case here on Chinese. Listen to the multitracks. Just one of many tricks used in the studio.

I'm sure Axl did. Most if not all artists do. Just read the booklet for CD, it's all there. A lot of people hear autotune and think of Kanye West type singing which is intentionally overdone to have that odd sound. Proper use of autotune just makes the vocals more clear, which is more than likely the case here on Chinese. Listen to the multitracks. Just one of many tricks used in the studio.

Yeah, I agree. A lot of people associate auto-tune with the kanya, hip-hop sound that it's most known for. But pretty much every professionally recorded album uses it to some degree. The vast majority of producers and engineers use it to ensure vocal consistency and accurate pitch control.

So in a way, the original poster is wrong.

coworker, argument, x-mas party. *sigh* I was hoping sex and destroyed relationships were involved.

nah. those were a couple months earlier when i lost everything and now listen to SOD 40 times/day.

Oh god With my friends this would have been said as a joke. I'm very sorry if its serious, but at least you have a good song to be heartbroken to.

coworker, argument, x-mas party. *sigh* I was hoping sex and destroyed relationships were involved.

nah. those were a couple months earlier when i lost everything and now listen to SOD 40 times/day.

Oh god With my friends this would have been said as a joke. I'm very sorry if its serious, but at least you have a good song to be heartbroken to.

yes. i'm serious. my life is now shit and i'm just riding out the days.

Yeah, I agree. A lot of people associate auto-tune with the kanya, hip-hop sound that it's most known for. But pretty much every professionally recorded album uses it to some degree. The vast majority of producers and engineers use it to ensure vocal consistency and accurate pitch control.

So in a way, the original poster is wrong.

I couldn't have said it better.

"To be honest, I'm a Guns N' Roses fan and to my extensive knowledge of the band I am 100% certain your information is incorrect. Feel free to provide me and others listening with actual proof of this and you will receive from me the sum of $1.000.000 in cash, and by law and with others present here to witness this statement, this can be deemed as a verbal contract."

Dude, it would have been amazing if he said that. Talk about a total pwn. That's actually better than losing your cool and slapping someone around. The best part would be watching the faces of everyone around you. I'm sure you would have sold more than a couple copies of Chinese Democracy.