Axl on Cobain's Death

uzi your illusion

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not Cobain got to know Axl on a personal level, Axl's primadonna antics were/are indisputable. That's not rock and roll. It's bullshit.

Yeah,shooting yourself in the head leaving behind a child that you were instrumental in bringing into this world is the epitome of "cool". So is doing heroin and enabling the mother of said child to use heroin while child was in utero.

Also,I seem to remember a bit of a backhanded bitchslap uttered by Tommy "the nightmare",Disc Jockey for KDST and former member of "Crystal Ship" went something like "Take off that Flannel,we are Rockers here,not Lumberjacks". :book:

More subtle than the Molotov Cocktail treatment of the Nurr-vaah-nah hat onstage.

I never got the fascination or the following for the Foo Fighters,from what I've heard it sounds like they listen to what is popular,or take a classic riff and transpose to compose their music.Imo,what Grohl did best was providing Nirvana with some memorable percussion formulas.

Also in regards to Nirvana's over the top "we are so liberal and anti corporation that we remind everyone of it all the time" makes for a nice facade. :rolleyes:

When did I say Cobain was cool? I think he was a whiny little pussy, actually.

And what's more, I think he was a poser. He wrote good pop music that got him famous then tried rejecting it.

No intention of coming off as argumentative,just expressing an opinion. :shrugs:

Bryn responds with "You guys represent everything that there against. You're a big,successful, corporate million-dollar rock band. That's the antithesis of Nirvana"

That is such bullshit, against being big and successful? If Nirvana was against it, why did they sign with a major record label? Why did they shoot all those videos? Why were they all over MTV? No band would ever try NOT to be big or successful if given the opportunity. I have yet to hear one say "No thank you, we'd rather remain an obscure little band struggling to make ends meet".

And do they even know what the definition of sellout is? Fame and fortune does not make you a sellout, trying to be something you're not for the purpose of making money makes you a sellout. If you remain true to yourself, you're not a sellout. Old GNR absolutely remained true to themselves.

It just really pisses me off that Axl was reaching out to Nirvana (GNR & Metallica sure as hell didn't need them) and not only does Kurt refuse, but he responds with "They’re really talentless people, and they write crap music".

Yep, this quote pisses me off the most. Most Nirvana songs can be played by any person who has been playing guitar in 6 months. Slash's solos are talentless? Yeahhhhh I'll take the the Smells like Teen Spirit solo anyday...

That's 'cause Kurt wants to be polemic. He wants media attention.

The hipster trend is way older than Kurt and Nevermind. I think that he did help to give the hipster trend a boom. As for PJ, Sg and AiC: I don't think so, they weren't trying to look diferent or something. In fact, PJ was even criticized by Kurt, who judged them "too mainstream" to be part of the alternative scene.

Nobody ever mentioned the alice. I think they were the realest band of the genre. Regular guys who only wrote about things they dealt with. Alot of nice lyrics, although often simple. But it was all delivery. Cantrells riffs, along with the harmony of his and laynes voices has yet to be reproduced since. Nirvana we're big because of image mostly. I don't think their music sticks in mind as much as alice in chains, and its a shame nirvana is considered the big band of grunge music. Every ten year old in america will claim to love nirvana but probably never even heard of aic.

I totally agree with you.

AIC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nirvana

I respect those who like/understand Nirvana, but for me they sound like a random mess.

AIC was on a whole different level. The quality of their vocals, lyrics and riffs is far superior to Nirvana. AIC is so f*%$ underrated...

The hipster trend is way older than Kurt and Nevermind. I think that he did help to give the hipster trend a boom. As for PJ, Sg and AiC: I don't think so, they weren't trying to look diferent or something. In fact, PJ was even criticized by Kurt, who judged them "too mainstream" to be part of the alternative scene.

Nobody ever mentioned the alice. I think they were the realest band of the genre. Regular guys who only wrote about things they dealt with. Alot of nice lyrics, although often simple. But it was all delivery. Cantrells riffs, along with the harmony of his and laynes voices has yet to be reproduced since. Nirvana we're big because of image mostly. I don't think their music sticks in mind as much as alice in chains, and its a shame nirvana is considered the big band of grunge music. Every ten year old in america will claim to love nirvana but probably never even heard of aic.

I respect those who like/understand Nirvana, but for me they sound like a random mess.

AIC was on a whole different level. The quality of their vocals, lyrics and riffs is far superior to Nirvana. AIC is so f*%$ underrated...

+1.

Layne Staley pisses all over Cobain.

+1.

Layne Staley pisses all over Cobain.

Make it +2 that's how I see it as well.

Still appreciate Nirvana though, was a very important band for me.

Why all the hate for Courtney Love? Hole is/was a pretty good band. All the anti-drug posturing seems out of place on a GNR forum. And Frances Bean seems to have grown up to be a relatively well-adjusted young woman, and oh did I mention she is smokin' hot? Not that it's relevant, but still...

She's pretty isn't she.

Whenever I read about or hear about Guns versus Nirvana or Axl versus Kurt I remind myself of something I watched on YouTube.

Most of you if not all of you will have heard it...

Kurt and Krist are saying unflattering things about Axl at one of their concerts and if I'm not mistaken Krist gives a fan a microphone and the guy from the audience puts them in their place imo.

Why all the hate for Courtney Love? Hole is/was a pretty good band. All the anti-drug posturing seems out of place on a GNR forum. And Frances Bean seems to have grown up to be a relatively well-adjusted young woman, and oh did I mention she is smokin' hot? Not that it's relevant, but still...

She's pretty isn't she.

Whenever I read about or hear about Guns versus Nirvana or Axl versus Kurt I remind myself of something I watched on YouTube.

Kurt and Krist are saying unflattering things about Axl at one of their concerts and if I'm not mistaken Krist gives a fan a microphone and the guy from the audience puts them in their place imo.

Link?

She's pretty isn't she.

Whenever I read about or hear about Guns versus Nirvana or Axl versus Kurt I remind myself of something I watched on YouTube

Link?

Type "kurt cobain on Axl rose" into YouTube, it's got around 800k views iirc

She's pretty isn't she.

Whenever I read about or hear about Guns versus Nirvana or Axl versus Kurt I remind myself of something I watched on YouTube

Link?

Here it is...

Kurt comes across as such a douche...

Kudos to the dude that says "let music be music man!"

She's pretty isn't she.

Link?

Here it is...

Oh I saw that. Kurt is a fucking douchebag "I got a little helpless child in my arms." Axl would have waited for him to give Courtney the baby before be proceeds to beat his ass.

I love what the fan had to say and didn't just mindlessly cheer Kurt like a drone.

Then of course they resort to their ignorance about how Axl is a racist, homophobe, etc. and THAT'S why his music sucks.

It's so pathetic, really.

Nirvana's albums before and after they signed the major record deal are markedly different. They changed their sound to appeal to mainstream audiences with Nevermind and In Utero. That's not establishment rock? That's not corporate rock whoredom?

He accused Guns of being establishment rock, but they refused and never did change their sound upon signing their major deal and releasing AfD. Guns N' Roses weren't afraid to play the raw, angry and reckless rock music that kids ended up eating up while also playing out ballads like "Don't Cry." And I'm not gonna defend the lyrics of "One in a Million," but how is that establishment? That's courageous to even put out such hateful shit when you're that big of a band. Then he mocks Guns due to the orchestra and the piano. It's still rock and roll, though. Gn'R weren't afraid to try to evolve their sound, even though it was initially to the chagrin of some of the members. To Kurt, there was only one sort of rock and roll, apparently the pop music he wrote. He was such a snob.

I like Nirvana. I love Guns N' Roses. But the more I've read and thought about Cobain in recent years the more I realize what a whiny little bitch he was. The way the emo world puts him on a pedestal is really pathetic. They think he changed the world. He didn't change shit.

Eddie Vedder was a better songwriter and a better man than Kurt Cobain.

Agreed. I have so much respect for Eddie and Pearl Jam as a whole

Not that big of a fan of Eddie Vedder as a person, but IMO Pearl Jam is the best band to come out of the grunge scene by a mile.

She's pretty isn't she.

Link?

Here it is...

Oh I saw that. Kurt is a fucking douchebag "I got a little helpless child in my arms." Axl would have waited for him to give Courtney the baby before be proceeds to beat his ass.

He was a pussy. Now he's a dead pussy. What an ass.

You're a dumbass, Snowmass. That is all.

I can't take any poster seriously when I see them post shit like "I'm glad that fuckers gone" or any variations like that. Its just a red flag that shows how immature they are

I can't take any poster seriously when I see them post shit like "I'm glad that fuckers gone" or any variations like that. Its just a red flag that shows how immature they are

You are right. Cobain was awesome. Nicest guy. Probably better than Axl. So talented, so level headed. Wow. We lost a genius. He and Axl coulda teamed up one day.

You are right. Cobain was awesome. Nicest guy. Probably better than Axl. So talented, so level headed. Wow. We lost a genius. He and Axl coulda teamed up one day.

I never said any of that. I just think that anyone who says shit like "I am glad he's dead" is very, very immature.

I really can't understand how you're this dumb.

She's pretty isn't she.

Link?

Here it is...

This.

She's pretty isn't she.

Link?

Here it is...

exactly. Besides, why the fuck is he worrying about his child now (which supposedly was there, no proof she was - just another bullshit story from the fucking junkie) and did not give a shit when his wife was shooting h during pregnancy?