Does anybody else think that CD II should be mixed specifically for Blu Ray?

ITW 2012

Does anybody else think that CD II should be mixed specifically for Blu Ray? It's time to embrace the technology. I believe every album would be released on Blu Ray if downloading hadn't made people accept a lower sound quality standard.

Man, most albums aren't even mixed for DVD, so why would they jump to blu-ray? Vinyl is the best, digital is not the be all, end all.

Not to be side-tracked with a technology debate but the future is digital.

Physical media is already relatively obsolete.

Vinyl has come back in a big way. Sure not Itunes/billboard 200 big way, but enough to make it's mark. The future may be digital, but to audiophiles, old school analog is where it's at.

Neil Young said 2012 is the year of High Resolution Audio. I know with The Beatles, they mastered the catalog for a potential Blu Ray release, but wanted to put the mono/stereo box sets out first. They didn't know when the Blu Rays would be coming out, and when I heard that, opted not to buy the box set.

But the Pink Floyd box set with the Blu Ray disc shows the direction things are going to go in over the next decade. CDs will still be around, but DVDs have the digital copies for your ipod.

NeilYoungMessage.jpg

Can you get music on blu ray?

The next album could just be 14 videos on blu ray in 3D. 3D would be difficult to pirate. That's why IMAX movies sell.

nothing difficult about pirating 3d, there have been copys of 3d films doing the rounds since they brought them out, either on blank blurays or put them on a hard drive and run them through a media player instead of a bluray player

it's like it has to be blu ray. Maybe get Welcome to the videos and the UYI dhows on blu ray too.

I'd rather see a box set of the 86-93 live performances with TV appearances like AC/DC's "Plug Me In" or KISSology, maybe a 2 part, 3 disc box set that has everything - the videos, the UYI footage, the Ritz plus everything else that has been frequently bootlegged.

Separately put out a blu ray from this past tour, and include a club show or a soundstage show.