DJ, Fortus, and Bumblefoot Named Six-String Titans

chevelle

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/the-six-string-titans-of-the-twenty-first-century-best-modern-guitarists-list/9833198

DJ, Fortus, and Bumble were named among the top "six-string titans" of the twenty-first century for their work on Chinese Democracy. Even though Ashba didn't play on it. Either way though, nice to see the album getting some credit these days.

If you read what it says, it is that these 3 guys are mentioned for nailing the songs live, both the classics and songs from CD.

DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot — Guns N' Roses, Chinese Democracy

DJ, Richard, and Bumblefoot keep the dream alive by nailing the classic tunes by GnR live and innovative Chinese Democracy numbers.

What the fuck , dj shouldn't be on their for gnr.

Yeah, they definitely should have listed Buckethead instead, even if it was just by the merits of his own solo work. Dude is a fucking talented player and made CD shine.

exactly, bucket should of been at the top of the list if their talking about CD

Where is Finck and Buckethead? Rubbish.

I think they are just referring to guitarists in the recent years (think it's just limited to stuff from last year or two) and talking about the live shows/performances from the recent years . But if we are talking about the past 11 years then Buckethead and Finck should be mentioned, GnR or not.

Edited by KiraMPD

If Finck and Bucket wanted the glory, they shouldn't have bailed like cowards.

You really think they left because they were scared of something? If they were "scared" they wouldn't have joined in the first place. They quit cuz they were in the band for years and couldn't get axl to do shit. I wish axl had the attitude he does now ten years ago.

You really think they left because they were scared of something? If they were "scared" they wouldn't have joined in the first place. They quit cuz they were in the band for years and couldn't get axl to do shit. I wish axl had the attitude he does now ten years ago.

Yes. Afraid of greatness. Afraid of the commitment one has to make to be truly great. Afraid of the compromises they have to make in their personal lives to achieve their potential. They took the easy way out.

You will never hear from Robin Finck again.

Yes. Afraid of greatness. Afraid of the commitment one has to make to be truly great. Afraid of the compromises they have to make in their personal lives to achieve their potential. They took the easy way out.

Did Robin Finck offended you or something? How long did Robin give Gn'R? How much did Bucket contribute?

These are musicians that love to perform and to create. We're lucky we got what we got from Robin and Bucket imo.

Axl said the next one will have the same people reffering to cd2 and these guitar players. He talked about how Robin's studio work was all done. Do you really believe they quit the band cause they were afraid of greatness or compromises?

Chinese Democracy is one of my favorite albums ever, but it's obvious to me without Robin and Bucket it would be a different album, a weaker work for sure. Please explain to me if you can your views on it in more detail so I can understand, cause I don't.

Edited by Rovim

:rofl-lol: Butthurt much?

Here's a history lecture dude: Robin chose rejoining NIN because he was fed up with Axl's bullshit. He simply changed jobs.

He did studio work for an album and about two years of touring with NIN after leaving GN'R, so I don't understand how he supposedly chose an easy way out.

What I mean is, Axl is a unique artist. His talents are amazing, and so are his "quirks." In that respect, he's no different than any genius in any field. They are likely "difficult" people. Nobody said genius was easy. And nobody said Guns N' Roses was easy. It's very demanding, technically, musically, creatively, physically, as well as emotionally.

I feel like they took the easy way out. Especially when you consider all that someone like Bumblefoot has given of himself for Axl and for all the fans.

Though I think Robin and Bucket's work on CD is amazing. I think Axl's managed to even top them with the additions of DJ and Bumblefoot. Will their songwriting be as good? Only time will tell. We still have three volumes of Chinese Democracy however.

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

Though I think Robin and Bucket's work on CD is amazing. I think Axl's managed to even top them with the additions of DJ and Bumblefoot. Will their songwriting be as good? Only time will tell. We still have three volumes of Chinese Democracy however.

Top them with the additions of DJ and BBF?

As you say, only time will tell. But until they top CD, the answer is no.

What I mean is, Axl is a unique artist. His talents are amazing, and so are his "quirks." In that respect, he's no different than any genius in any field. They are likely "difficult" people. Nobody said genius was easy. And nobody said Guns N' Roses was easy. It's very demanding, technically, musically, creatively, physically, as well as emotionally.

I feel like they took the easy way out. Especially when you consider all that someone like Bumblefoot has given of himself for Axl and for all the fans.

I just feel that when they joined Guns, they had a different idea in mind. They thought things will move faster. Can you really blame a musician for wanting to tour and release albums every few years?

Robin stuck by Axl for the most part. He gave the band 10 years and probably wrote a ton of (great) material for Axl, with Axl, and with the band. Buckethead left earlier, but I think in his relatively short time with the band, he did his best to endure what he thought wasn't ideal and his work in Guns speaks for itself imo.

The truth is we don't really know how it is being a member in Guns but it can't be smooth sailing all the time, and for some it just didn't work out.

You could say, for example, that Bucket is a unique artist too, with amazing talent and so are his 'quirks'. Why stay in a band if it doesn't work for you anymore? maybe he expected something different and honestly believed it was the right place for him musically and after trying it for years, realized it wasn't? what's wrong with that?

It's not like Bumblefoot wasn't frustrated with some aspects of how this band operates, but if he left, I wouldn't blame him.

Not because I think Axl is wrong or whatever, just that sometimes when you see how it really is you decide to stay or you don't.

Edited by Rovim

I knew we had some delusional people here, but god damn.

Some of you guys are weird. The current guitarists get some respect for once and you are dissatisfied with the fact that they did not credit the previous guitarists instead, so that New GN'R once again could be portrayed as a band with revolving doors where the current guitarists are no names who have not contributed.